don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    It's Amy, and the ghost girl might have been some abandoned idea. Or maybe Amy is turned into some kind of cyber-ghost?

I don't remember what the leaker stated in his post, was he a Sonic fan? Could it be he simply did not recognise Amy?

I remember I've read something about a "sexy ghost girl", and despite some people in this fandom liking some... very unusual things, I wouldn't call Amy sexy :V

2. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    The leaker didn't seem like die-hard Sonic fan so they probably heard a disembodied feminine voice and assumed it was some kind of ghost. They also didn't describe what she looked like so I assume it's just her voice that guides you.

there was also a hoax leak where someone went into great detail to describe how sexy the ghost is... this was a very obvious fake but people fixated on it for some reason

3. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Maybe some people are desperate for another Secret Rings/Night of the Werehog/Black Knight-type thing.

4. Forte

Forte

Poland
    This sounds solid to me.
    If Amy guides Sonic through adventure, I'm okay with it - but I kinda wish it was Tikal. Like you know, ancient technology (if) it's in the game - could easily belong to some ancient Echidna tribe, connected to the Knuckles Tribe. Maybe it is, but I highly doubt it... Classic/Adventure lore is kinda dead at this point.

5. Snowbound

Snowbound

I think folks fixated on the “sexy” ghost girl leak for the opposite reason: folks didn’t want a sexy ghost girl, it gave off 06 vibes in the WORST possible way (specifically Sonic having a romance w/ a human) and while we should have been able to easily identify it as fake the truth is that w/ Sega’s track record of puzzling decisions an idea that bad appeared plausible

6. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

So basically, it was Sonic fans being Sonic fans. Go figure.

7. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    It would be funny if this ancient technology belongs to the Nocturnus Clan, and the sexy ghost girl is Shade.

8. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Maybe the ghost-girl is a modern Hyudoro who is also inexplicably named Amy. You can't see her in the trailer because the Hyudoro cannot be seen in light

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    I'd say it's more likely that the leaks that mentioned the appearance of the ghost girl were fake and bandwagoning off the original post, which I'm pretty sure only mentioned a ghost girl by that vague description than by appearance. And yes, a voice you can hear but not see may be perceived as a ghost by somebody who is not a Sonic nerd and doesn't recognize the voice. Hell, considering some people thought it was Tails instead...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    apparently Playstation Databse listed Sonic Frontiers' release date as November 15th 2022
    source

probably legit, mainline Sonic games usually release around that time.

gonna be kinda funny how I was 23 when this game was first teased and I'll be 25 by the time it actually releases lol

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Forte

Forte

Poland
    I hope with a year left, they can deliver. Basically, let them have all the time in the world. I don't want another Sonic 06 or Forces :V

12. Snowbound

Snowbound

I’m with ya. Serious question tho to anyone who can answer this: assuming the release date IS November 15th 2022 how much actual development time does this give Sega considering that the game has to be manufactured?

13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Actual manufacturing/distribution process is a few weeks, which is why you get a day one patch after those extra few weeks of dev time.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I don't think that answers the question.

The response only covers that last bit for the day one patch and not the whole of the development time (remaining?) that was asked about.

15. I wouldn't mind even if the game releases in the middle of 2023, if needed. Until then, we will have Sonic Origins to have fun (hopefully).

16. Looked like a solid answer to me. If manufacturing takes at least a few weeks, then active development can't go past either the last week of September or first week of October at the very latest to make a mid November release.

17. MH MD

MH MD

Development can goes until release, thanks to "Day 1 patches" , or at least goes until they announce the development gone "Gold", which is usually weeks before release.
    Development can also goes months after release, just like Colors Ultimate :V

• Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  18. Forte

Forte

Poland
    So, with Flynn at the helm, do you think characters are going to get closer to their "Adventure" characterisation?

19. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    No, I think the writing will actually be good. :V

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    "Watch out, you're gonna crash, AHHHH"