don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. The Deleter

The Deleter

If anything I wish this could retroactively apply to previous games and leaderboards. It's fine for speedrunners to have their own observed categories, but it often doesn't carry over to the games themselves; for example it's always a blast competing in the leaderboards for Sonic games, but as soon as the 00:00 clear times or boundary breaks start being discovered, that more accessible competitive angle goes down the drain. It'd probably require as vigilant an eye as developers for racing games themselves, but it would be nice to have the leaderboards be functional beyond the initial release, while also accommodating the other half of the speedrun community.

2. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    + - From my very limited understanding of these things, potentially, yes, but not much. For example, I'd imagine them having all the same types of parameters as Sonic would signify that they're fully featued characters made from Sonic's mold, as opposed to, for example, Tails only being playable in a mini-game where you pilot the Tornado. As such, this gives me hope that they're not going to skimp out on giving us what we want here.  

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Getting all those Sound Memories was pretty quick. Only about 50 minutes or so. I'm very glad they added some to Rhea though. It gives you a nice reason to look around unlike the main game (though I did explore there for my own fun). Is the normal version of His World not an option? I only see the results screen version and the E3 one.

Also S-ranked the first Battle Rush and the first two islands' Cyber Space Challenge, but I'm fucking myself over by trying for perfect runs rather than just getting the S-ranks and being done with it lol.

4. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Does the S-rank cyber space reward unlock if you already S-ranked literally every single one in the game during your initial playthrough? :oldbie:

5. Kyro

Kyro

My bad i meant 1-7, but yeah if i try and do the skip shown here (https://youtube.com/shorts/tjAfTZSeY74?feature=share) i get hit by an invisible wall now, at least in the cyberspace challenge. Maybe im just doing something wrong now but ive never run into it before

6. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    I played 1-7 in the challenge and did the skip. There was always an invisible wall but if you Homing Dash high enough, you'll clear it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    IIRC there's some rights stuff going on with the original lyrical version of His World due to Zebrahead's involvement. Smash Bros for example also only includes the instrumental E3 version for a similar reason.

At least, that's what I've heard. Could be wrong!

8. Ah, that makes sense. I was just worried I missed a note. I went back and checked every island twice.

I know I linked it before, but thanks for using my run as the example haha. I still can't beat that time despite my best efforts.

I was still able to do it during my Cyber Space Challenge run today so I think you're just going too far left or too low like @Sneekie said. There've always been a few spots there that you could run into if you're not precise.

Edit: Oh damn, there's an "All Stages" challenge course... I did not expect that. I was getting all excited to try out the power boost but I guess that's another 30 min away.

Edit 2: Okay, unlocked it so it's time for bed lol. I was surprised to see it's disabled in arcade mode which is a little disappointing. You can still use it in Cyber Space Challenges though which is weird. It'll be a bit hard to route levels for power boost runs. Anyway, it's pretty fun. Have to finish up the Battle Rush mode tomorrow so I can start an Extreme run.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  9. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Extreme Difficulty being hidden behind the Battle Challenge was probably the wrong move. I guess they really wanted to have something to give players who completed it, but the thing is, they're two entirely different types of challenges. Why should I have to go through multiple Time Attack challenges to obtain the ability to consider an Endurance challenge?

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Fast Facts video about the new update:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  11. Haven’t noticed it in arcade and challenge mode I’m playing on PS5 if that matters.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I’m guessing their logic is “if you can’t beat that with an S rank then we doubt you can beat this” although extreme mode would’ve prob made more sense as an unlockable for beating hard mode.

13. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    The thing is that the gauntlet proposes a sequence of challenges that's very punishing if you mess up even once - you can at least power through enemies in a one hit challenge one at a time.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    If I want to go through the effort of Extreme mode I would just fish with Big and go straight to the bosses.

15. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    They multiplied the prices of all the fishing rewards x10 in extreme mode so you can't cheese the game
    Screenshot 2023-03-24 164239.png

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    BBQ is free. Unless they disabled it for Extreme.

17. MH MD

MH MD

To prove your worth, simply.

18. I still suck at Sumo but I made it through and I'm playing Extreme mode now. Let's see how it goes!

Btw, can you not upgrade speed either in Extreme mode? I don't care too much because I usually carry max rings, but I'm curious.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It was said you can't level up at all, so I would assume so.

20. Kyro

Kyro

Yall were right, i tested it again yesterday, and indeed i had simply been going too far left. I tried again and it worked just fine, I was simply misremembering where to aim.