don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Snowbound

Snowbound

I’m going to finally buy Frontiers the minute this mod comes out.

Speaking of mods, there is a mod that gives Sonic a wallrun (https://gamebanana.com/mods/415169) and an optional skin based on Neon from Advent Neon. This made me curious, since the skin is optional is it compatible with other skin mods? The wallrun ability would be particularly awesome with this espio skin (https://gamebanana.com/mods/417504) If anyone here has played these mods, could you let me know if they are compatible?

Honestly I’m just in awe of the fact that the modding community has already produced Silver, Tails and Amy mods with unique abilities

2. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Oh, that's cool, I'll definitely try it out when the mod comes out. Kishimoto stated they're adding rolling in an update but I guess the modders beat em to it :V

3. Attached Files:

4. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Then we're probably going to get an actual announcement in the next few hours, if not the next half hour.

5. That's what I figured. Though it's a bit of a bad move to send out a "Learn More" button if the link isn't actually prepped. Maybe there's something off with the newsletter scheduling between regions considering it's still super early in Cali right now, but IDK.

6. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

I've never seen so much excitement over a sound test, camera controls and time trials!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. If it is time trials for cyberspace I can see them adding invisible walls all over the place and removing the homing dash to justify their inclusion which would in turn would suck out most of the fun you can have in them, the only vague safety net we have is that SEGA PR brought the homing dash up in one of their speed strat videos. Alternatively they don’t remove anything but the cooldown between homing attacks, a lot of the sections that lock the controls and getting rid of or reducing the air speed cap when jumping which would all allow for even crazier speed runs.

8. Kishimoto-san directly addressed the homing dash saying he noticed it in play-testing and purposely retained it. I don’t think it’ll be nerfed in anyway.

Has it been confirmed that it’s just time trials? I was hoping for some boss rushes.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Fwiw the challenges shot included some pics of Super and the Titans so I’m assuming that’s part of it.

Plus this is currently one of the only Sonic games in existence that doesn’t let you replay bosses post beating them and this is one of the few occasions they’re actually fun.

10. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1637808213910233091

Details on the DLC:

* Photo Mode, which is just Photo Mode.
    * Jukebox Mode, where you get 13 of your "favorite Sonic songs." Collect "Sound Memories" on the Starfall Islands to get 40 additional tracks. The wording of this makes me thing we'll get music from other Sonic games, like in Generations.
    * The challenge modes are Battle Rush, basically a boss rush (hopefully the titans too!), and Cyber Space Challenge, which is a time attack. I'm thinking it's the Egg Shuttle again, which I thought Arcade Mode was.

Here's another tweet with images: https://twitter.com/sonicstadium/status/1637807413314166786

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is good stuff. I like how getting the music is tied to exploring the game, better than just having a menu with everything. It's not crazy content but for free DLC with likely no real new assets, it's great.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    upload_2023-3-20_7-57-37.png
    how are we still doing this

12. Same.

Well that’s good news then. Even if these are things that should have been in the base game, I’m glad they’re actually implementing them. I just hope we get some kind of details on update #3 before the release as that’s going to be the exciting stuff.

I am curious about the Sonic birthday and new Koco mentioned in the second though. I imagine it’s one of the Elder/Hermit types and not a standard collectible Koco, so I wonder what it would upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • List
  14. It would be nice if it was something like the juke box from Minecraft, where you unlock a certain song, and it's a new song and you can play it while explore stuff. I think it would go well with Frontiers probably.

15. MH MD

MH MD

They also talked about PS5 performance update “using the SSD power to stream assets fast”…interesting
    Wondering if it’s an exclusive update for PS5
    Also dat Sony marketing

16. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    From the official Sonic website:
    upload_2023-3-20_8-45-27.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly wasn’t expecting past tracks, don’t know why, but kinda cool they’re being added, and lookie there new shit to find lol.

And hey I’m all for performance bumps on all non switch platforms, that console is holding everything back these days it’s way too old

EDIT: OMG THEY FIXED THE KOCO ELDER SHIT? AND NO STARFALL SLOTS? THANK YOUUUU. Wow they really actually seem to be paying attention

18. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    Wait so now will it not take like an hour to fully upgrade Sonic's speed and rings?

19. MH MD

MH MD

Wait….what do they mean by being able to restart cyberspace mid-level? Pretty sure you could do that already…

20. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The two challenges modes are separated by islands, but there's also a mode for doing them all at once, this is really, really good.