don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I'm sorry but how you can look at universal 7s with a few 8s thrown in there and come to the conclusion of "mid" is beyond me.

7 is a good score and I don't understand why people think it's not lol.

2. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    I saw a couple of 9's :V

3. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    I dare you to name one example of me "bringing down people who like something". At best, I questioned someone's opinion, or I called out cultlike fan behavior. Which I'm not alone in doing, even here, and there are countless other examples of people who DO like it replying to someone's negative opinion and "bringing them down" for NOT liking it.
    Such as this.

I don't see this as "bringing someone down". But flip the opinions to say "I don't see how you can look at universal 4s and think it's good" and suddenly that person is saying "quit having fun" or something.

You can have an opinion OF an opinion. If we didn't have those, it'd be ridiculous. We'd all be robots doing nothing but smiling in our own little worlds. However, there's a line between questioning someone's opinion, and harassing them for it. I have tried every single day to never harass someone for their opinion. I have never considered myself as ever having crossed that line. Pinging them to say "fuck you" crosses that line. Saying "I don't understand how you can think this way" does not. I think that if you try and justify crossing that line because you equate that to what the reviewer himself was doing (which is putting words in their mouth and assuming a lot of things about someone you don't know) it's pretty hypocritical that you would call me out for being "rude".

4. Exoticus

Exoticus

Honestly 7-8/10 is a winning score for this franchise, especially after Forces. The user-score is probably going to be higher anyways and I trust those more.

On a related note, is anyone else tired of the constant comparisons to '06 whenever reviews for the newest mainline title come out? Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's the most infamous Sonic title of all time. It's also been over 15 years since it came out! People born in 2006 are in highschool now lol, it's hardly relevant.

5. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Yeah I'm not gonna do all that. If you see "screw you" being said about a deliberately inflammatory review someone didn't like, when the reviewer will probably never see it, as a scathing insult we'll never see eye to eye.

I've enjoyed my time with the game so far and I look forward to discussing it with everyone tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it and even if it's not up to your speed then I hope you find people who understand your frustrations with the game.

Just know when that's over there are lot of other great games you could play instead of coming here and going at the one game you don't like day after day.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  6. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Yeah the scores look pretty positive honestly. And don't forget that playtime doesn't exactly factor into a lot of review scores. This is a game with decent replayability (from what folks have been saying) that is also about on par with Sonic Colors in terms of reception. Gens and Colors were pretty good games, but I usually turn those on just to play 2-3 stages and then I'm done.

Also Dubs I don't wanna enter a political discussion, but let's not say "I dare you to find examples of me doing XYZ", we could all stand to be a bit less toxic and inflammatory in our discourse, and it is not just one person who has noticed that pattern.

Interestingly, Sonic 06's lowest score on Metacritic (other than a 0% meme review) was also a 20%. I just don't take the comparisons seriously lol, but it's basically a universal constant.

7. Mana

Mana

I didn't say that.

I said I hope they enjoyed the game and if they didn't they are able to find people who agree with what they didn't like, then hopefully go play something they do like.

8. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Ah sorry I meant Dubs who said that, I typed the wrong name because your name was right at the top of my screen. My b

9. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Didn't want to get involved with this but that was not my intention at all. People are totally allowed to do this, I have literally zero problem with that. Was just a comment. I apologize for causing any trouble

10. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Oh no, I know that wasn't your intention. Trust me. You're good. I'm just saying that fans like to interpret posts like that way worse, as "bringing someone down", if the opinions were flipped around.
    This statement is an oxymoron. You cannot try and call someone out on a personal level, and then attempt to get the last word by saying "let's not get toxic and inflammatory". If you don't want to get into that kind of debate, then don't start it.

You can't just end a conversation and get the last word by saying "nobody likes you".

11. Mana

Mana

I do enjoy how you ignored me saying I hope you enjoy the game or find something else to play rather than going online to complain about a game that clearly isn't probably for you and purposely did not reply to that comment. Whatever.

12. Taylor

Taylor

*game reviewer voice* Fight the pain away? That's right, the pain of playing this shitty game!!!!!!

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    So how accurate is this list of times, do you think? And why are they staggered by platform? Kinda makes me think it's bogus.

14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    In my experience, simply inverting whatever thing you happen to read strikes me as a pretty braindead way of analyzing or "debunking" pretty much any take, and fails to account for context.

Then again, so does making every single discussion you're part of into an argument about some cultish hive-mind of Sonic wrongthink and accusing anyone who challenges you of being part of it.

15. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    How do you expect me to reply to it? I don't dismiss what you say. I mean, I think it's a dangerous road that leads to hiveminded opinions of your close friend circle, but it's not something that warrants a response. I don't know what you would expect me to say to that. To me it reads like "I hope you have a nice day"...Okay? You too.
    Boy, you people sure love putting words that don't exist in my mouth.

16. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Sonic Frontiers, more like Sonic Shittiers! This game sucks ass through a straw! What were they thinking???

17. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Dubs, you're continually being toxic and inflammatory right now, and to people who aren't even part of your conversation and are just asking you to stop. When asked to stop, you continue coming for the person pointing it out. You're taking words way out of context and dragging on an argument that shouldn't exist. Let's talk about the game, please.

Agreed, must be some technical reason for it but I was hoping the game would release earlier on Steam.

18. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    7/10 is good! Honestly better than I thought. IGN review seems to be pretty fair.

Fuck it I'll buy it tomorrow.

19. Mana

Mana

I just think life's a lot more fun if you find the things you enjoy and play those rather than complaining about things that you don't enjoy. There are some people who love Gotham Knights and I'm not constantly telling them to play the Arkham games instead because I think they're so much better.

They are allowed to enjoy it and have their community where they love it. It's just easier and better for me and them if I find a community that feels the same way I do and discover other games to love instead.

20. MastaSys

MastaSys

7ish game, around of what i expected.

I'll wait for the clearance price all Sonic games end up to, since they still didn't get their shit together with Origins, and I'm tired of unpolished crap.

That said not surprised at all with the reviews written in bad faith and for ad-revenew baitting. It's the level respect that Sega brewed and over the years and it's well deserved.