don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I like it.

2. I like it slightly less than the Ending, but I still like it more than Fist Bump.

3. Exoticus

Exoticus

It's short length and sudden ending gives me anime opening vibes. I really like it. If there is an actual opening for Frontiers, though, I'm surprised they didn't show it off alongside the song..

(Can't wait for the inevitable rock-orchestra remix for the final boss!)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    It's alright. I like the instrumental a lot more, which is funny because I feel the same way about Fist Bump lol.

I'm sure I'll warm up to it in time. It's also only a snippet, like how Fist Bump was revealed.

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Fuck me this is so good, inject this game in my veins already

6. Sonic embracing Anime again is good civilization.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's good, but doesn't compare to Vandalise.

Leagues above Fist Bump though holy fuck.

8. Kyro

Kyro

Much better than fist bump, not quite as good as Vandalise.

...not quite feeling it, though. I think the section at the title drop is where it loses me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Love the arrangement, not quite sure about the lyrics lol. Ohtani and Eguchi kind of carry this track, the vocals feel hastily written, like they had 5 minutes to write something as melodramatic as possible.

Maybe I'll warm up to it though, it's getting better with each listen.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    yeah not really feeling the vocals on this one, but I like the instrumental at least.

11. I love it starts calmly, and then it drops the bomb on your face.

When the "I'm here reaching for across these new frontiers" dropped, I really felt that... holy fuck.

12. RDNexus

RDNexus

Quite the surprise reveal, the OP theme.
    A bit too much screaming to my liking.
    I enjoy the ED theme a bit more... ^^"

13. Snowbound

Snowbound

This songs has some parts I like but it desperately feels like it needs room to breathe. The change from ballad to hard rock is really sudden and the lyrics are very cheesy. Dancing With The Moonlit Knight by Genesis does the whole “soft opening into hard rock thing” much better. Now that song is 8 mins and I’m not suggesting that Sonic songs should be stretched to prog rock lengths… but to me “I’m Here” is the worst of both worlds. It’s too much and too little at the same time

14. I personally like this way more than Vandalize. Especially that opening.

15. Yeah, while I think Vandalize is amazing and probably and could be one of the best vocal of the series, I just liked I'm Here more. Maybe because as well, I'm a sucker for fast-paced and heavy guitar songs. And again, I say it reminds me a lot of something could come from Black and Knight with a little mix of Sonic 2006? I don't know, I just loved it.

Also, I'm betweeen the final boss being a orchestral version of I'm here, a new vocal song, or a original theme like Eggman Showdown from Sonic Lost World. Maybe we could have all of it of the final boss get more then one phase.

16. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I prefer this one over Vandalize because it sets me more in a fighting mood. ;) I mean, nothing against love songs, but they can get a tad annoying sometimes. Personal preferences and all.

Glad I pre-ordered.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I just don't like these angsty edge-lord songs at all... I never liked the beachy Christian rock, Crush 4D, either. It just makes me think of sweaty shut-ins with baggy clothes who hate their step-dad, and "no one understands them!!1". Sonic's place will always be catchy jingles and techno that syncs with your pulse. But I understand, the kids want to feel mature - I am 14 and this is deep - vibes. Makes me feel soooooo old... like, I've lived long enough - old.

18. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    If this isn't the 2 minute version of the 4 minute song I will be shocked.

19. I feel a bit let down after hearing Vandalize. I’ll give it room to grow on me, but my first impression is 7/10ish. Definitely better than Reach for the Stars, Fist Bump, Sonic Heroes, and whatever Lost World had (just an instrumental right?), but just below Endless Possibility and All of Me, and a far cry from Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, and His World.

I agree with the sentiment. If given the opportunity, I would let that Sir J who remixed Studiopolis a few years ago free reign to take over Sonic’s music. It was novel yet retained the jazzy electronics that’s in the DNA of series. However, I think the people enjoying these songs are far older than you think, considering angsty rock music has been out of style for nearly a decade and a half. Kids who enjoyed the 2000s’ Sonic and emo-ish music are in their mid-20s.

20. But Sonic has always been a series where kids can pretend they're grown ups and not like that "kiddy" Mario franchise.

I dunno man, I'm just vibing to these songs. I wasn't even that much into emo shit when I was younger, I just thought this shit was cool.