don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    That was almost nothing..... barely even a story trailer. :/

2. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    I have no idea why I always fail to consider that every time Sonic trailers get shown in game events, there's going to be an indeterminate amount of time in which they show a whole bunch of other shit before they show the Sonic stuff.

I'll schedule my lunch break to when the event starts and end up not seeing Sonic, getting back to work, and then seeing the Sonic stuff hours later when I've finished work. Always happens to me because I'm a fucking idiot. :P

3. Well, we got the long awaited desert biome. Not to mention confirmation of Sky Sanctuary Zone. I don’t recall seeing any levels that weren’t leaked or rumored already though.

Maybe also some new combat techniques that hadn’t been shown or described before.

Decent trailer, just wish there was more of it I guess.

4. Jonny Axehandle

Jonny Axehandle

Man and machine and nothing there in between Oldbie
    Horaaayyy more 2.5D Green Hill Zone. Can't sell a modern Sonic game without it. Can we really stop this shit already? I've been playing the original 2D Sonic games obsessively all my life and these physics just aren't it. The rest of the game looks cool. Honestly a super-realistic open-world Sonic is all I ever wanted ever since those original Sonic 06 screens dropped all those years ago. Hopefully that's the majority of the content.

Not to mention this game NEEDS to sell gangbusters otherwise Sega will do their normal shtick of walking back any innovation in favor of safety (not holding my breath for that, it releases the day before God of Soy Ragnarok)

5. Trailers up on Youtube:

6. Trailer

Edit, fuck, ninja'd.

Well, I honestly liked the trailer. The desert area looks cool. Just needed more Cyberlevel games tho'. Well, we're getting more gamepaly footage from the demo, anyway.

7. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    Okay but why does Green Hill progressively gets worse every game?

8. curious when they start to really market the game

9. So fucking glad this is really the actual cover of the game:
    [​IMG]
    So good to have a cool cover again for a 3D main game again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I think this trailer was good. A little short but what they showed off was cool.

11. RikohZX

RikohZX

It was so brief, but somehow I don't feel like the Cyberspace boost level design is going to be a significant improvement over Forces.

12. Snowbound

Snowbound

Additional thoughts from rewatching the trailer:
    • I like the music. Has a SATAM vibe
    • Wait are they showing off 3 open zone environments (grasslands, beach and desert) or are the beach and desert environments the same?
    • I think the air loop animation at 0:56 has been improved from the last trailer… I could be wrong tho
    • I don’t think this move (from 1:05) has been shown off before:
    AE9E1390-825A-4484-AF77-DCBCAA8A58AD.jpeg
    • Sonic’s attempt to punch SAGE at the end seems to confirm that she’s an antagonist

13. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  14. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    That was definitely RCS doing Sonic's voice. The first time he's ever said anything, I think.

Hopefully he actually shows some emotion this time instead of slightly upset Pizza Hut guy.

15. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Frontiers might not be the next Breath of the Wild, but it could be better than Sonic Underground

16. Snowbound

Snowbound

Experience All-New Open Zone Platforming
    Race across five massive overworld islands brimming with dense forests, overflowing waterfalls, and sizzling desert landscapes, each with their own unique action-platforming challenges and hidden secrets to uncover.”
    Well Sega did a great job not showing off each area’s unique challenges. Then again, if the gray blocks of Forces and Origins are any indication then Sega probably hasn’t visually incorporated these challenges into the environments’ theming and visuals. Sonic used to have unique level gimmicks. Sigh

17. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I actually liked the trailer.

18. 30 seconds into the trailer- definitely seeing some pop-in on the top left as Sonic exits the more enclosed area of Sky Sanctuary.

19. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    this game is going to be aggressively okay

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Trailer hasn't changed my opinion on the game whatsoever. And considering how much of a deal was made of it in certain quarters I was surprised they moved off it so quickly. 2 minutes and the entire segment was done.