don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Can't the same principle be applied to the homing attack and airdash? Hell, I've never had any issues with it in Mania or Origins so I don't get this point.

2. MH MD

MH MD

a lot of interesting stuff in that thread, to list a few:

https://twitter.com/SSF1991/status/1542632544327319552?s=20&t=Cc_yIffXLNrjKjpff2oeJw

https://twitter.com/SSF1991/status/1542634310355779585?s=20&t=Cc_yIffXLNrjKjpff2oeJw

https://twitter.com/SSF1991/status/1542639101228228609?s=20&t=Cc_yIffXLNrjKjpff2oeJw

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  3. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    No, because you still press the button again for those. This would be you doing it just from holding the button to get your highest jump.

4. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    If they're bringing back Rooftop Run I hope it's done better than Generations. The level is supposed to be an homage to Unleashed yet completely ignores the existence of the werehog entirely, instead only referencing it's daytime counterpart. I'd love to see RR in nighttime for this cyberspace level.

God, who am I kidding. They're just gonna be using the generations assets with some Cyberspace stuff thrown in there like Green Hill.
    Also I'm pretty sure that's what they meant, pressing the button again, using your dropdash after double jumping similar to using the dropdash after the insta-shield.

5. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Oh... Rooftop Run.......... great.

I understand that the plot point is Sonic is revisiting his memories, but surely his memory isn't this selective. Did he just forget like, 95% of his past?

This man has literally fought God and won, died and come back to life, fallen from thousands of feet above the ground and woke up as a stuffed animal... and all he remembers is jogging through a grassy field and free running in Italy.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  6. JW.

JW.

7. MH MD

MH MD

if levels are from sonic memory, that just tells me the city level is some surreal empire city, to the point that it look like something new

If the returned stages takes more liberties like that , then i am all for it

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  8. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Amy is the one who lost her memories, Sonic simply doesn't know what's going on. Recovering Amy's memories is probably the way he'll learn what's happening.

But yes, it's hard to remember anything but the same four places you don't seem to be able to escape from. :V

9. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    No, there's a quote in that Twitter thread that actually has Iizuka saying Sonic is revisiting his memories.

Edit: this one - https://twitter.com/SSF1991/status/1542634611251068928?t=Fl4fBTLIBBRj21imqjy-Rg&s=19

10. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Ok, make Amy lose her memories so Sonic can revisit his. Well done, Iizuka! :eng99:

11. Didn’t the guy from the IGN Q&A mention that you can change your finisher at the end of the homing attack from the skill tree? Like you can choose to have it be that move where the camera goes ape shit and he does the 3 big dashes, or the one where he stops in midair and sends out that flurry of ?wind? at the opponent?

I’m thinking the stomp and bounce will be treated the same. You can choose between them. One or the other. If that’s the case, sign me up for Team Bounce.

12. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
  13. The world would be so much lesser without another amnesiac video game protagonist plot.

14. VenomTH

VenomTH

Is it same to assume that this is a proper anniversary game now that we know Sonic is revisiting his old memories and will probably have all of the Generations stages?

15. RikohZX

RikohZX

Considering leaks have been coming out since 2020, where we know the game was intended to be announced but got held back until almost literally a year ago, it's pretty easy to figure that yeah this was supposed to be a 30th Anniversary game, except intending to be more serious and lore-focused (seemingly) than Generations. Same with Origins clearly seeming like it was intended to be rushed together to coincide on a birthday.

Except COVID messed that up, so now it's the 31st birthday.

16. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    How it feels watching Frontiers be well received by critic previews after years of saying they should do an open world Sonic game after playing the Zelda Lost World DLC, which was directed by the person directing Frontiers

[​IMG]

17. Turbohog

Turbohog

The "memories" stuff is just a lame excuse. If revisiting old levels was really so core to the identity of the game he wouldn't just revisit levels from Sonic Generations. Expecting Seaside Hill to be revealed next.

18. Flare

Flare

I really enjoyed City Escape from Generations.

Can’t wait to play it again.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Sonic had the bounce attack in Lost World. It didn't preserve momentum and was 100 percent useless. Lost World is, despite its differences, cut from the same cloth as the boost games and the physics and controls are very comparable. Frontiers is another boost game at its core. If it has the bounce, expect it not to preserve momentum. Nothing in the boost games preserves momentum. Sonic's movement is rigid and unnatural.

20. VenomTH

VenomTH

Adventure 2, '06, Generations, Mania, and Forces are commemorative games that released on or near a major anniversary but it seems only Generations is a proper retrospective game that touches on the franchise's history (with some exceptions). Adventure 2 and '06 were games that attempted to decidedly push the franchise forward while Mania and Forces were games that innovated but that retained some old stages. It seems like Frontiers may be leaning closer to Generations than Forces if it includes so many old stages.

That was an oversimplification but I hope this makes sense.