don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Again, I think it was either this or something more generic. At least with reused assets they can take from a whole bunch of games.

Also, I don't think it's Sky Sanctuary. It might not be Apotos either, but Sky Sanctuary just doesn't look like that in any game.

2. SSUK

SSUK

Oldbie
    Well, I for one am very glad we're back to mid-2000's shaky-cam potato-quality off-screen recording of video games at events. All this crisp, direct-feed 1080p quality capture nonsense really ruined all the fun of squinting at a blurry mess of pixels trying to determine just what the ever living hell you're looking at. Good times, good times.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Linkabel

Linkabel

I was expecting them to use assets from Unleashed-Lost World, but I was hoping they would look like a mix between Null Space and the special stages (like Mania's).

Granted, we don't know yet if what we're looking are supposed to be those stages. But I do think there's potential to make something more than generic computer aesthetics.

4. Frostav

Frostav

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Snowbound

Snowbound

Generations comparison screenshot:
    BFAED530-6E94-4EA6-8CDC-CC7E5B95F8B8.jpeg
    I apologize for the low quality pic lmao. The high quality pic was too large to upload.

It seems to me that they are at least reusing the white platforms with dark blue centers. Or my eyes are seeing what they want see and I’m assuming the worst

6. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Gives me Windmill Isle vibes, personally.

E: Well, only after seeing that initial screenshot. The footage makes me think of Sky Sanctuary, as everyone is saying.

7. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Me too, mostly because it reminds me of Akira Saito's generative design. I wouldn't call it good character design, but they do move in really interesting ways. The humanoid Egg Pawn style they usually roll with is way too constrictive. Abstract designs like that are the easiest and most fun to produce when you can just turn your brain off and sling shapes around, so let the artists have their fun, I say.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  8. MootPoint

MootPoint

Clockwork Aquario's Strongest Soldier Member
    Reminds me of more Mirror's Edge than anything. The structures on the left and right look like city buildings and the white coloring give me similar vibes to the city in that game.
    (Pictured below, in case you thought this was from Sonic Frontiers lol)

[​IMG]

9. RikohZX

RikohZX

I hope this isn't a 30th anniversary Generations 2.0 take with these cyberspace stages. Even when we lose Classic Sonic, if I see "Green Hill for the fiftieth time and other zones from previous games except it's now colder and more electronic in a virtual simulation special stage" i'mma gonna go bananas in a negative way.

10. Frostav

Frostav

I'm withholding judgement until we get footage that isn't the size of a postage stamp, but I really really just want Sonic Team to make something new. They can't just keep lifting stages wholesale from games literally a decade old at this point.

11. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

Yeah, I thought this too. Some kind of future city, like Metropolitan Highway in Forces. Which I'd be all for, those levels were the lone aesthetic highlight of that game.

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Just lift stages from other games. Let the Free Riders assets be useful for something. Or Black Knight's.

13. Frostav

Frostav

One of the most defining aspects of the classic games was that each level was a completely new place with a striking aesthetic design. I just want to see new stuff, good god

14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  15. Snowbound

Snowbound

D20E39C9-184D-4462-82FB-6AC4634F2339.jpeg
    0FFDBE3B-4D93-4D3E-A84C-DBED07A5DE69.jpeg
    It seems we got the title screen... because two gaming industry people resolved drama?

16. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
  17. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    That logo looks so dope.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Snowbound

Snowbound

I have no idea about whatever drama went on between those two people. Tbh I’m not super invested in finding out lol. Just thought it was a bizarre way for the title screen to be revealed

19. MootPoint

MootPoint

Clockwork Aquario's Strongest Soldier Member
    The caption is a joke, lol.

The guy in the picture used to work for Nintendo.

20. That title screen is gorgeous.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022