don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I'm probably in the minority of people that don't mind when they bring back Green Hill Zone but yeah I definitely get why this would be concerning for people who are tired of it.

At least make it Sunset Hill or something lol

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  2. RikohZX

RikohZX

30th anniversary! Gotta put the revolution of Sonic the Hedgehog on familiar territory even if visually so that people know it's still a Sonic game!

3. RDNexus

RDNexus

I'm getting more and more the impression they aren't tone deaf, they simply ignore the masses and do as they please...

4. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I mean, keep in mind those planks they reused were background tiles in Generations. Here it looks like they just reused an asset as part of the environment itself. We can't see if they actually reused the full Gens Green Hill assets, it's literally just a plank from from the background, and the actual platforms up ahead don't look like something we've seen before iirc.

Also the entire stage appears to be floating? Or am I crazy?

5. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Even if this manages to be the best open world game of the century that influences the industry for years to come, people still won't buy it because of its incredibly backwards marketing. Just let us see the damn game!!!!

6. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub

They don't get it.

They just don't fucking get it.

7. Snowbound

Snowbound

I have nothing nice to say in response to this image.
    I honestly think you’re right. I mean all the issues people have with Frontiers were pointed out in the leaks from play testers. My expectations for this game are at rock fucking bottom. At least then I could wind up pleasantly surprised.

8. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
  9. JW.

JW.

Sweet sweet reuse of assets and tired level themes.

10. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    If my future child ever says they like a level from Sonic I'm going to have them put up for adoption. They're clearly a fake fan and I just don't need that kind of toxicity in my life

11. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
  12. MH MD

MH MD

13. How much longer longer until we see a boring blocky 2D section?

14. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    At this point I'm convinced the marketing for this game is some sort of ARG

15. MH MD

MH MD

I am convinced that they actually haven't found marketing manager yet, or they fired the previous one, based on this job listing

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Welp, I know where not to go today.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Idk this should bug me more but it doesn't. Maybe because they're not the only focus of the game? I'm fine with little bits here and there

18. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    If I had to choose between "having the same bland cyberspace assets reused in all the cyberspace levels" or "having all the stages built from repurposed assets from prior games", I don't think it's even a question which is the better option.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea I suppose the alternative would be the same level of similar environments to special Stages...

Which oddly enough don't these zones award you chaos emeralds? Are these basically special Stages?

20. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    No no you don't understand, you guys are supposed to start spiraling into a doomsday scenario based on 2-3 seconds of blurry shakycam footage in the background of somebody's instagram story. A real Sonic fan wouldn't be okay with this. I saw the color green. The color green!! >: (