don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh it's more just that it's tiresome and click baity. Like yea no shit what else ya got. Sonic's also blue and a hedgehog these are also no shit facts. But it's that exact type of click baity nonsense that's going to end up in all these cookie cutter Sonictuber thought pieces.

2. Taylor

Taylor

All the hype about a potential "Sonic Adventure 3" was always funny to me because like it or not, Sonic 06 was essentially Sonic Adventure 3. All we're really haggling over is a name. Which to be fair, is powerful. It's why Sonic 4 is remembered at all instead of being forgotten with most of the Dimps trash. Sonic Pocket Adventure who?

wrt Sonic's "dark era", the issue isn't how dark it is, but whether it gels with the themes established by the Genesis games. The Genesis games had an underlying theme of environmentalism which SA1 taps into in a way that older kids can enjoy (hence why it usually is given a pass). The games after that pretty much drop it and get lost in the sauce of appealing to those kids, culminating in unfitting nonsense like Shadow beating up Sonic and having an alien satanic dad he must kill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. wasn't 06 called SA3 at some point during development? I may have just made that up in my head

4. Does anyone have a list of times he’s dangled the SA3 carrot?

5. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I don't know if this was ever confirmed, but I believe someone from Sega said Unleashed started development as SA3, which led to its Japanese title being Sonic World Adventure.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    If we're gonna speculate about Sonic Adventure 3, I'd rather it happen in it's own topic. We don't need 14 pages of "we already had SA3/What's the real SA3 anyway/imagined old fans Vs new fans drama" in this one.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Remember when Sonic Official YouTube posted this:

And the fanbase collectively freaked out and assumed a Sonic Adventure remake was forthcoming?
    My favorite part was one of the next remixes they posted was of Underground Zone and many mockingly proclaimed this must mean a Sonic 2 (8-bit) remake is also coming. :ruby:

8. And so it begjns...
    Screenshot_20220610-140407_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. He was the person I had in mind when I first made a comment about the incoming deluge of vids... I'm glad I got the "?!?" right, but he did switch up the order on me :V

10. hahaha where's the facebook style laughing reaction when you need it. Youtubers be a funny bunch

11. It appears to be the game's title screen:
    [​IMG]

12. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Silly me, guess I didn't look hard enough. Good to know, though!

13. Snowbound

Snowbound

If there’s a demo available for gaming journalists it should be available for the public.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Very hard to get a good feel but I'm getting Unleashed and SA2 vibes from this.

@Snowbound I mean press demos are hardly a new concept. Plus best to keep some wips contained. Can you imagine the noise they'd hear from a public demo? At this stage they're prob looking for something a little more constructive than a bunch of fans screaming. Also idk at a show like this how do you get a good feel of an open world game running around aimlessly for 5 min before its someone else's turn to, what pick up where they left off? Best just keep it limited to those who'll actually have time to digest it rather than some guy saying he didn't know how to play it in the 3 minutes he got therefore it sucks.

Last time they released a demo at this stage in a game's development was Sonic Generations, and even then it was only GHZ Act 1 because they just did a cute thing for Sonic's 20th.

15. It's nice to see someone plainly breakdown exactly what's wrong with this game and why its getting the mixed reactions that its getting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Back in 2017 I went to this public event a couple of weeks before the Nintendo Switch launched. I got a chance to play Breath of the Wild for literally only 5 minutes and yeah it really wasn't enough to get a feel for the what the actual game was like lol

I'm not sure how it works at this event or how long they get to try it for but I'm guessing when one person finishes they reset the game for the next person.

17. Frostav

Frostav

Chao Garden hopes live yet again! (please make it way less of a miserable grind than last time)

18. MootPoint

MootPoint

Clockwork Aquario's Strongest Soldier Member
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I'm going to watch the video now, placing my bets that he (1.) falls into a spiral of doom and gloom about some tiny little detail, (2.) takes a super vague or insignificant statement and blows it way out of proportion, and (3.) calls the viewer an idiot or otherwise insults their intelligence. Will get back with the results :V

Seeing that press demo has peaked my interest. Y'all think it's possible we get anonymous impressions on the game? Though, to be fair, I doubt there's much in that demo that we haven't already seen... I would just like for someone trustworthy to play the game and tell us how it feels. Try to do interesting things with the movement, let us know what actual combat feels like when played organically by an actual human person. How am I supposed to get an idea for what this game plays like, when our only impressions of the game itself were recorded by a feral skydancer on a Virtuix Omni.

Update: Watched the video, scored a 2/3. Damnit.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    appears the game is the PC build.