don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Bit of a nothing interview. Interesting to hear implications that we could be due more games like Mania and Adventure in the future but I'm not putting too much stock in those statements at this time.

Also the subtitles for this were just rather sloppily done? I feel like "This year Sonic turns 31 this year." about summarises my perception of them. Doesn't mean much for the game, mind, but today's video hasn't really left us much to talk about. See y'all again next Tuesday, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean I'm still looking forward to this. But actually this could be a really good test run for a new Sonic Adventure. This game seems to be Adventure 1 esq but instead of the emphasis being on the action stages, the open zone/Adventure field is where most of the action takes place (also only Sonic). But I look at the obstacles and totally get thoughts of like "oh how would Tails or Knuckles or Amy handle this."

3. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    I do think the move back to open environments facilitates multiple characters far better than the boost games ever could. An Adventure 3 would need to replace Sonic's boost with an Adventure styled spindash again so he doesn't blow through all the levels too easily, but I do think the foundation of the combat we're seeing could be reworked to fit around the likes of Tails, Knuckles and Amy.

4. VenomTH

VenomTH

The video didn't give much concrete information that we didn't already know from past interviews since the announcement.

Unrelated to the topic, I can't wait for the release of Sonic Adventure 3 in 2031 to the same reception as Sonic the Hedgehog 4 in 2010.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think Sonic can have like a nerfed boost as a unique power but agreed overall, this format lends itself better to other characters than the boost titles

6. WHY WOULD YOU TALK ABOUT A NEW ADVENTURE GAME, NOOOOOOO

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh I know YouTube is going to be an absolute dumpster fire of Sonictuber Adventure 3 thought pieces

"IIZUKA SAID THE WORDS, STOP EVERYTHING AND WRITE A NEW SCRIPT. *ahem* 'Sonic's had a rough transition since 3d...'"

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. MH MD

MH MD

While i know Iizuka love Adventure games, and expressed that in previous interviews, thought it was weird how he randomly mentioned it in the video

Turns out, he was answering questions that wasn't included in the video itself, which was weird, here is the full exchange from IGN site

Rest is Here

• Informative Informative x 8
    • List
  9. Click bait doesn't even begin to describe

10. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Do you think there's a mandate on the IGN coverage that they're not allowed to utter that phrase? :p

11. Haha don't get too excited guys, like Okami 2 we'll probably never see it, or at least different to everybody's own desire for the perfect adventure game. Would be cool though, but in my head it's dreamcast visuals and everything, and twinkly workstation synth sounds

Saying that... has there been any fangame attempts at a SA3?

12. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

I said it on twitter, now I'll say it here.

After over a week of poor promotion for the game. You have an interview with Iizuka...

And he ends with the words "Future Sonic Adventure".

Everybody is now talking about that and not the game the interview was promoting.

This is a bold approach to promoting a videogame, a whole week of making it look as bad as possible, then not actually having your audience talk about it, but a hypothetical game that doesn't exist.

13. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Fixed that for him.

I wonder if we'll get any other gameplay showcases by the end of the month. We've gotten some interesting info this week but the "talking over 90% recycled footage" format is a little underwhelming. I'd rather just read an article, honestly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. lopinjop

lopinjop

Sonic 25th Anniversary Party Enthusiast Member
    This game exists and it's excellent

16. MH MD

MH MD

Then It's good that they included an article too! they also did it with the impressions, which i read instead of watching it

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. oh shit that looks awesome, cheers for sharing!

18. RDNexus

RDNexus

To whoever's awaiting YouTube to blow up in flames with SA3 vids...
    No need to wait longer. It has already begun! XD

Grab your salty popcorns and worst energy drinks, there's a lot of clickbaity Sonic vids to skim through.

19. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Sonic fans being so upset over this phrase will never not be funny to me.