don't click here

Sonic Freerunner

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Azookara, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Dude, they're the same thing, it's just the textures.

I think the first one's better, but you need to fix the scaling on the walls to make the squares, well, square. Some sides look good with three squares per, but others need four.

2. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    You're right. Speaking of textures, the top of each main section needs a seperate texture, maybe grass or something? The mesh at the top is literally just a flat surface, it needs some kind of transition

3. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    The one with the checkers will do. Fits the Sonic World Perfectly.

4. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    If the choice is only those two, the first will do, but remember there is more to Sonic than the checker pattern :v:

5. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    How would smaller, GHZ-style checkers look?

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Looks good, although sorta light on details. Maybe I could fix that. I drew a different variation of it in class today that featured rockets hooked to the sides and an icecube on the bottom instead of wheels, and the rocket and icecube allowed Snowviet to slip and slide all over the snow and ice. What do you think? (I'll post concept art of it later).

D: What did I do?

But still, I understand completely (as I'm rusty on modelling anything. =P . I'll write you down as object modeller. If you're not really looking forward to doing anything, then just tell me. However your work is always appreciated =)

...You're my new best friend. These pictures are awesome. Please do more. And I highly accept those badniks. They're absolutely beautfiul. :3

I would like to see what you have first of all. I believe I have before, but heck if I know for sure.

Of course, I say the first one. It just looks much better and Sonic-y. I'd also take some advice from Dude and fill that place up. It looks pretty empty and a little too open if you ask me. Also let's try to make the stage where it doesn't seem too much like it's set over a bottomless pit. That's one of the major problems behind most stages made with the Blitzsonic engine really (besides lack of detail).

And of course Sonic is more than checkers, but heck, it'll look good! Checkers + Sonic almost always looks good. =P

And note to all who have yet to insert concept art/your input to the game:
    Your name won't be on the list of staff members until you submit something. Nothing against you, just sayin =)

7. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Nothing, that render edit just looks weird to me. But yeah, I just shouldn't really be a team member, because I don't think I'm up to doing a large project really. I don't mind making a few smaller things when I have time though.

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I agree that his stomach area does look a little odd, but I'm sure if it was just made rounder than it's oval shape (and a tad smaller), it would look fine. And I understand how that is; a couple of years I tried to join a 3D Sonic project (Sonic Revolution, I think?) and found out I didn't have the time or the will to be that committed to the work (especially since I had to draw and design a fancharacter, ewww).

EDIT: VexusVersion of SSMB gave me a new logo-

[​IMG]

What do you guys think? No offense, Impish, but this really looks awesome.

9. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I love the text but I'm not as keen on the round thing at the end of the underline

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I don't know, I like it (reminds me of the revving Spindash; in fact I think that's why it was put there).

11. DNX

DNX

... Eh. Member
    Where's ass-face Sonic? Hahaha.

12. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Why not have the spindash-like thing in the background, and have the "FREERUNNER" go over it, as opposed to through it? The font is nice, though.

13. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I don't know if he'll be using this but I whipped this up
    [​IMG]

14. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.

FFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffff

That's all I have to say on the matter. I hope he either uses that, or something very similar.

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    WHERE ART THY BUCKLES

By this point people will end up thinking I jerk of to buckles or something

16. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Yep, it looks awesome, although the eyebrow line may need to be altered to shape it is in the picture (because it looks flat out appealing). =P

Adding buckles would be a split-second job, so yeah, I don't see the problem with adding them.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What are you looking at Sonic? Why's he staring into space?

18. Impish

Impish

Hahaha, none taken mate! My Logo was shite! But personally I think this one, though cool, isn't that sonic-y, because of the lack of contrasting colours and un-blocky text.

19. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    This is what I got on Sonic and Tails:
    [​IMG]
    I'm planning to tweak Tails forehead so he won't look too flat headed.

I can tell you edited it out from Sonic Adventure DX.

20. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    AHHH KILL IT

Those heads are the stuff of nightmares.

Bodies don't look too bad, though.