don't click here

Sonic Free Riders not working?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JcFerggy, Apr 29, 2012.

1. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I bought Sonic Free Riders a while back now, but only recently was I able to actually play it. When I start up the system, it goes through the sega screen, then it just stops at a white screen with a small man in the top left. Is anyone else having this issue? There seems to be no way to progress past this screen, and the manual does not mention anything about this. I believe I have all the patches for the game. Can anyone help me?

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Sounds like either your disc is damaged, or your 360 is in some way not right.

3. This may seem like a retarded question, but... Do you have a Kinect?

4. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Most likely. This sounds like it's either a disc problem, or your 360's DVD drive is starting to become defective and is not reading the disc right.

Now, you said you got all the patches for the game. I don't touch this game since 2010, but—last I checked—I don't think there were any Title Updates for it.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    There are none.

6. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Yes I have a Kinect. I tried installing the game to the HDD, and it failed halfway through, so I'm thinking it might be an issue with the disc. This sucks :/

7. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    On a somewhat related note, would it not be possible to somehow covert Free Riders to normal 360 controller support?

8. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    It is possible to convert Natal calls to xInput commands within the executable. The problem is to dissect the executable in order to do so. If we had, say, the source code for the executable, it would be piss easy to change it with the aid of the Xbox360 SDK, but with a compiled XEX we would need to identify the calls, include the xInput library and create new functions, all in asm, which would render the task to be a real pain to conclude.