don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

Xenoblade Chronicles X and Dragonball Xenoverse both disagree with you.

2. RikohZX

RikohZX

Dragon Ball Xenoverse has the characters voice attacks and all, but in cutscenes they're perpetually mute (barring the final boss finisher case in XV2) and barely expressive outside of surprise, anger and the rare grin. Xenoblade Chronicles X lets you assign a voice as well, but cutscenes relegate to choosing options and also otherwise being a third wheel to the plot. It's one thing to pick a voice, it's another to have an OC doing anything in actual context besides standing there or being a hero.

3. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    And I'm out.

The modding scene for the CaCs will be out of this world though.

4. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    [​IMG]

(Sonic Team is Oprah. Everyone else is the audience.)

Sonic the Black Edgehog
    Sonic the Final Fantasy
    Sonic the Werewolf
    Sonic the Swordsman
    Sonic the Spiderhog
    Sonic the Kinect Hoverboard
    Sonic the Sportstape

And now the eighth Hedgehog of the Apocalypse has arrived: Sonic the Fancharacter

This should be grounds for Sega divorcing Iizuka and Sonic Team from the Sonic IP for good.

5. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Yeah I can't quite descide if this is awesome or horrifying. In either case I Can't wait for Mr Penders to weigh in, because this will clearly make it possible to create characters shockingly close to his "original" characters in a video game without his permission. XD

6. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Oh. Oh wow.
    I'm horrified and equally entertained. I never imagined it would come to this but...

YOU'VE DONE IT, SEGA. I'm ready to embrace the madness.

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Game Grumps will be day one on this.

All that's left to reveal is a Chao Garden companion app, and they will essentially have given everything the late teens/early 20s Sonic fans want.

8. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    These grapples look considerably faster, so there's that.

This looks so ridiculous. And so amazing. I'm torn between whether to like this ironically or actually. I suppose it depends on whether or not we can create Ashura.

9. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    And I will gladly watch that episode of Game Grumps. Will be the first one I've seen since Jon Tron left.

10. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

Well part of it is making the story flexible enough to accommodate the OC and the other part is paying a ludicrous amount of voice actors to say the same lines.

There's seven animals. That means seven unique male voices and seven unique female voices at LEAST. And if they all have their own personalities custom dialogue would have to be written for each animal (possibly many times over), Sonic and whoever else needs a custom reaction to the dialogue, and the bazillion voice actors have to say all these lines and variations.

It gets costly in a hurry. That's why most games don't go all the way with it. That could be why Forces took four years, though, if they actually went through all the effort to do it to its full potential.

11. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    As much as I'm actually enjoying this idea, can I say one thing that kinda miffs me?

I feel like this moveset would actually be PERFECT for a Modern Tails. Seriously, just give him flight and you literally got a pretty good setup for an updated Tails.

12. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    No option to play as a Fox? I can't recreate my horrible fan character that I made when I was 13. ;_;

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. RikohZX

RikohZX

Well, the Gadget seems powered by Wisps, which makes me wonder if you essentially have an energy meter that acts like ammunition for whatever type you've picked up currently, and it gives you different abilities in a more weapon-based way than Sonic using it for transformations or boosts.
    I also noticed in the character customization that there's World Map and Mission options, so I'm wondering if World Map is like either visiting hubs or selecting zones for traditional levels, and Missions are like Challenges.

14. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Heroes always win in the end.

[​IMG]

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hey guys, did you know we have a front page oh heck

https://www.sonicretro.org/2017/05/sonic-forces-game/

16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I don't even know what to say. I don't know how to feel about this. There is the appearance that we have received the keys to the Kingdom. But I'm extremely suspicious.

I am utterly disappointed that no one has claimed Ashura the Hedgehog yet.

17. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    I'm almost starting to think Modern/Boom Tails might be DLC, free or otherwise. After all, if you have a genericharacter with generalized animations and such to make customization possible, why not place fan favorites over that character as well? That way people who like characters that aren't Sonic can have them, and people who don't can just play as Classic and Modern.

Come to think of it... You can make a dog, and you can make a rabbit...
    Sam and Max DLC confirmed [​IMG]

18. Nova

Nova

lol why the fuck is anyone mad about this

19. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    They don't have to have a different voice for every animal. They could just use the same voices for all 7 animals. If you take Sonic for example, there's nothing about his voice that says 'hedgehog'.

And they could keep the personalities down to say 3 or 4. With two genders and maybe two ages (kid and teen), it would still be a lot of work but it wouldn't be unfeasible. Especially if the OC scenes are kept a to a minimum (say around 6 scenes).

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    https://twitter.com/DeviantArt/status/864533573843337216