don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Just a heads up, Sonic Forces is now being promoted with Chuck E. Cheese. I don't have the TV ad readly avaiable, but I saw it on Cartoon Network.

2. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Chuck E. Cheese® is teaming up with Hooters, to bring you the Sonic the Hedgehog experience you've always hungered for.

Super Sonic sold separately.

3. Nice, gonna get the soundtrack asap!

Haven't played this in a while. Been heavily into Majora's Mask (first ever playthrough) so need to sit down and give Mania some love.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Found it. Hopefully a better version comes soon:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h9fBE2R8eME
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h9fBE2R8eME

5. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    So is there actually anything on the HiRes Collection that isn't on the main OST? Or is the HiRes Collection just a pick of the best/most popular tracks?

Gotta say, my only personal letdown was that I was hoping for Infinite Boss 1 and 2 to be one long mix like with the Death Egg Robot, as they both sound like two parts of a bigger song. Overall though the Soundtrack is actually pretty solid. I'm enjoying it more listening to the music away from the gameplay.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    The Hi-Res collection comes at high resolution audio (96khz/24bit) so, all the tracks from Hi-Res collection are on the main OST, but they're just at CD standards there (44.1Khz/16bit).

To tell the truth, I can't imagine why would anyone want 96khz audio because there are almost no useful sound information on recordings after 24khz, but the extra bit depth is nice for bringing up quiet sounds on sound editing.

So yeah, if you're on the 99% of average population you won't hear a difference between this and the CD release. (Though, iTunes is NOT lossless!If you can buy the CD, do so.)

7. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

I still love my Physical discs so I'll definitely want to do that. That's actually kind of cool that there is some variation, but yeah I don't think my current sound setup or headphones would hear much of a difference.
    Still, at least on a technical level, the tracks are different so it warrants maybe buying both. I feel like if any part of Forces deserves my money it should probably be the soundtrack.

8. RikohZX

RikohZX

I don't get what's up with Forces on Steam. The Persona 5 costume wasn't on the store page initially, so you had to get a link directly to its page to download it. Now earlier today I only managed to download the Super Sonic DLC during its free period because I bloody googled it and it took me to the store page that isn't yet linked to the main game's.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I forgot to say, that, because the 'Hi-Res Collection' opts to have the files in 96khz/24bit it can't be put on a CD following CDDA spec (as it limits the playback to 44.1/16bit -- it's the standard) so it's only available as a digital purchase. :(

10. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Yeah, that makes tons more sense now I think about it - In the same manner as you wouldn't get Bluray quality HD from a regular old DVD without some major hardware upgrade... Anyway, at least that's cleared up. Shame there's no bonus tracks to entice people who aren't itching for higher-res, but it sounds like a decent concept for those than can benefit from it.

11. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    the US Switch eshop seems to be the same way with past DLC too, but everything can still be found on the Japenese one.

12. I was still pretty certain that Tomoya Ohtani was gonna put those two hi-res remasters from Sonic Unleashed on the Hi-Res Collection. I wonder what happened to that.

13. makoeyes

makoeyes

It's rather telling (and also somewhat sad) that the most robust conversation that can be had about this game right now is about it's soundtrack release,,,. :(

This game is thinner than cream of wheat cooked with 3/4ths tap water.

14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I mean there's four hundred other pages already about the game itself. I don't see how people talking less about a game 2 months post-release is that surprising.

15. Finally sat down with the Switch version yesterday, dying from flu on a sick day from work.
    Finished it in about 3 and a half hours-ish.
    I caught myself having fun a couple of times, but the overall experience just seems half baked. No real substance there. I haven't played the Shadow episodes yet, or the Super Sonic DLC, but I'm expecting more of the same.

16. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    An appropriate response to hearing Sonic's been tortured for months.

https://twitter.com/JimmyWhetzel/status/950762412709498880/video/1

17. Felik

Felik

Yahtzee has put Forces on the second spot in his "worst games of 2017" list.

18. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    It got the Honest Trailer treatment, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkerOgIfpGU

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Eh, allot of the same stuff thats accurate sprinkled with the "sonic was never good" and "sonic hasn't been good since the 90s" memes.

20. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Hilarious and original !
    Why bother trying to come up with funny jokes when you can trow a good ol' "Sonic was never good" amirite ?