don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. RikohZX

RikohZX

The rumor was posted on /v/ to begin with, so there's pretty much no salt in it until proven otherwise. A literal theory thrown together.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    if you're reading shit off /v/, don't.

They are only good for where this information is being leaked and getting videos of the streams. reading their word vomit is the equivalent of injecting bleach into your eyes.

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Given how close we are to release we'll find out whether that Mania theory rings true soon enough. Expecting an apocalypse in terms of reviews for this game based on these early indications.

Have to be honest, enjoying reading the leaks. With Mania I went on a black-out because it felt like a special game. With Forces I'm openly reading everything because I'm still undecided whether I'm even going to play it or not. At this rate I'd be shocked if even one review scores this game highly. It looks like a slow motion train wreck. 7/10 will be the highest. Calling it now.

4. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    I dunno, there were quite a few leaks from /v/ that are actually proving to be legitimate. Just saying.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    :v:

when Modern meets classic he says "it's been generations since I've seen you."

6. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    So I'm just now realizing the spoiler tags on this forum are 100% broken for me. Clicking them does nothing.

Anyway, the leak stream has me more interested in this game than I was in a long time. Hardly a perfect title...well, barely even an "okay" one, but it's going to provide me some dumb fun anyway, and I'm glad for it. To save time rewriting the same stuff twice I'll just cite this post for how I feel about things currently.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sometimes the page needs to load more than you think for the tags to work.

Anyway yea looking at this game it looks like dumb fun. It looks more fun than Lost World was anyway and I actually kinda like that game. I don't see this getting high scores but I think I'll find some enjoyment out of this.

plus this game has the Generations gameplay and some Lost World aspects, so it could be a good hacking/port dump :v:

8. Flygon

Flygon

Enable javascript.

Yeah, I know, it's bullshit. I had javascript disabled on this site for the longest time too. Now I just have it disabled approaching April the 1st. Or whenever else they decide to do something disruptive as hell with the site.

9. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Thank god, I thought I was the only one with that problem.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    to be fair, Metropolis was heavily overhauled. It's that white futuristic city that has the avatar vs infinite boss battle.

11. RikohZX

RikohZX

12. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    A little higher than I expected. Looks like we might be looking at a decent-ish 7/10 game but with some glaring faults. So perhaps not quite the clusterfuck/trainwreck we all expected. Good news I guess?

Also yeah the spoiler boxes were malfunctioning for me too earlier but they seem to be working now. Forum glitch?

13. RikohZX

RikohZX

Spoilers for me work depending on how the page loaded. If it doesn't work, I just reload the page.

14. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah that's ultimately how I got them to work too. Just kept reloading until they functioned again. Seem to be working now without issue.

15. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Holy shit the game leaked way earlier than anticipated, what the fuck.

Can I request a spoiler free tread for the people that want to go in blind, just like the one for Sonic Mania ?

16. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Gonna stick to the positives for once: Despite there being no reason to play a boost Sonic at the best of times, the hour that I saw was a notably entertaining watch and I'm eager for more to trickle out. It's genuinely the best narrative (and the best-written) of any Sonic game to date. The plot moves at a blistering pace, the humor is sometimes sharp, the portrayal of these characters is spot-on + - besides Tails and classic Sonic   - even Infinite is entertaining in spite of himself, + - and legitimately cool in these 20 second Metropolis clips   . Startlingly dark beats abound, somehow without compromising the baseline tone of the franchise. Not all of these stages are visually terrible, either. SoJ are themselves the most embarrassing brand of Sonic fan, and despite the obvious budget constraints, they succeeded in making exactly the game they'd been dying to see. I hope it bombs, but this is fun.

17. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Wait what ?

18. Speeps

Speeps

Really? Sonic himself doesn't seem that different to the dopey way he's been portrayed in the last couple of games:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Random thought, you reckon these have been released early as a last ditch attempt at promoting the game? All the negativity around the short demo, lack of variety in what they have officially shown us and the release of Mario Odyssey, maybe they decided to let a few out to streamers to try and build some hype? Conveniently on the same day as Mario's release too...

20. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Judging by Sega's reaction? No.