don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. As far as I know, it's still technically "Holiday 2017," but likely November, yeah.

2. Maybe it'll be like Sonic 06 where you meet them halfway through the level and you switch to them.

Saying "like Sonic 06" though makes me worry.

3. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Maybe Sonic Mania is like 06 in that it has levels. When you simplify enough, everything is similar.

Anyway, I looked at this and my mind went directly to "HOW THE FUCK DOES YOUR HAMMER WORK AMY YOU WERE NEVER IN CHEMICAL PLANT" but the way the interview sounds makes me wonder which character you even control. Beyond that, while it kinda sounds like it would be similar to Generations' mission stages:

[​IMG]

Well, the screenshot displays it on the world map with the other levels, it's not on the mission tab. Which either means this is totally different from Generations' missions, or this game's missions aren't what they look like.

4. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

I just realized that Classic Sonic doesn't have any Red Ring icons for his stage and his stage symbol is completely different from the other three. I wonder if that's supposed to indicate a boss fight. Perhaps the three characters don't all share the same stages?

Also, the Tag team Stage icon shares the colors used in the Modern Sonic and Avatar stage icons.

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    My off the handle guess is that this is the E3 build with a Tag Team stage added in, so the Classic Stage might be the GHZ/Egg Dragoon fight we've seen. Going off your theory as well, the added spikes around the circle likely also indicate it's a boss.

6. The dialogue in the "Enter Infinite" video seemed much too garbage for Flynn.

7. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Can I just pretend the Avatar's orange is Tails and just say it's a Sonic and Tails tagteam? :V

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You can make a blue hedgehog so that you can play as Sonic, Sonic and Blonic all in one game. Doesn't that sound just like the Sonic game that you always wanted?

9. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I had an odd idea that maybe someone else already had, but I've noticed that Infinite, with that single visible eye in the face and so many tentacles behind his head, could indeed be a possessed/corrupted wisp, the apparent body being just a product of its powers, maybe newbly grown or composed of morphed additional tentacles he had.

Oh, and I think I already made a joke about making a third blue hedgehog to abuse this absurdity.

10. logandoggo

logandoggo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiY-Uj5Dol8

If you're at Gamescom 2017, there's a Sonic Forces booth, where you can test out the game. SEGA Europe is also giving away some Sonic Forces T-Shirts in L Size.

11. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm going to create the most edgy looking Mephilles type dark character and out edge Infinite. It's going to be glorious.

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    New tag-team stuff:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One is in dried-out GHZ, the others appear to be somewhere new (not that I can actually read any of the text). It looks like some sort of factory possibly, which would be an interesting coincidence since Knuckles tells Sonic and <insert name here> to head for a pyramid factory in the first shot.

Also -- all of these shots are in 3D! Which probably means nothing but dammit let me hope

EDIT: Oh and also drill wispon. Whatever that does.

13. RikohZX

RikohZX

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So Modern Sonic teams up with Original the Character in some levels. I'm ok with this, but I have to wonder if that's the case then what the hell is the point of Classic Sonic? I don't know how prevalent these Tag Team stages are, but if it's about equal to the rest of the game then that means Classic Sonic gets 1/4 of the gameplay, and so far we haven't seen Classic Sonic involved in the actual plot and he seems to be doing his own thing, whatever that is (finding his way back to Mania world :v:).

15. I'm also wondering what the hell is going on with Classic in this plot.

Classic so far looks like the most uninspired, pointless part of the game so far. Even the OC looks more interesting and relevant to...whatever this game is trying to accomplish.

Looking forward to seeing another flashy Modern gameplay trailer though. Its getting to be pretty late for us to have only seen one level so far.
    Modern's gameplay will definitely be the deciding factor on me purchasing this game. If his levels look interesting, I may pick it up some time after release. If they look like more of the automated HA chain corridors we've seen, I'll pass.

The rest of the game is not aimed me and whatever audience group SEGA thinks I'm a part of.

16. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

Well, we did see Classic Sonic fighting Modern Eggman in Green Hill, so it's not like he's gone unnoticed.

He might not meet up with Modern Sonic and friends until later on, like in Generations.

Looking at those screenshots is making me really hopeful that the Tag Team stages function like Heroes or Advance 3. I feel like the partner mechanic still has potential in 3D, though I don't really think a boost-centric game is the best place for it.

17. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
  18. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    One thing I'm curious to see is whether or not you still can't pick up your rings after getting hit. Was that just some freak glitch that got left in the E3 build? I genuinely just don't see the point.

There's no life system in this game (funny that both Mario & Sonic are getting rid of lives in the same year) so getting 100 rings won't do anything and since the counter immediately goes back to zero after getting hit, where's the incentive to pick up more rings? All you need is one ring then, so seeing bunches of them like this...
    [​IMG]
    ...kinda loses its purpose

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Maybe you can use rings in this game to buy stuff like in unleashed? Maybe you can buy clothes for original the character.

20. Rings add 100 points each to your score.