don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Might want to split up S3 and S&K in the modern timeline. The Super Emeralds and Hyper Sonic aren't canon there IIRC.

2. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Umm... Eggman quitted putting little animals inside his badniks, but the good guys started putting little aliens inside their weaponry. Now, that's an alternate timeline, or irony, or whatever. I'm more offended about this kind of things than I am about modern playstyle.

That aside, I'm not sure because of the people talking in every video I've seen, but ¿do the secondary characters really speak or are their interventions just plain text? I'll be happier if they are silent.

3. This is pretty much how I have been looking at this, by bringing Classic Sonic, Tails and Eggman into the mix, Modern Eggman created a second dimension/timeline where everything will play out differently.

IGN has some clean footage up at the minute, you can definitely hear the secondary characters speaking when they pop up. EDIT - Here you go: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2017/06/13/7-minutes-of-sonic-forces-gameplay-on-the-ps4-pro-e3-2017

As someone who thoroughly enjoyed Unleashed, Colours and Generations, Forces just isn't doing it for me but I can't put my finger on why. Something just feels so off about all three playstyles and any excitement I had has mostly gone. I'll give it time, we have only seen a small portion of the game so perhaps it will look more enticing as we near the release date.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm glad that we have a clean look of this game finally. I don't hate it and I feel like I'd enjoy playing it, but it's certainly not as exciting for me right now as Mania is. But I get what they're going for ("Well it worked before" the game) and overall I'm ok with it. I'm sure some of the minor grievances can be addressed by modding anyway (excessive NPC chatter, obtrusive HUD elements, etc).

And that video definitely confirms that they're going for a different soundtrack for each character. Modern gets his standard music, Classic gets his retro-esq synth stuff, and the Avatar character gets auto tuned vocal music.

5. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

oh god the vocals might ruin a third of the game for me

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Maybe there will be a Sonic R esq turn the vocals off option.

7. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Uhm... the IGN video with these two dudes and Aaron talking over gameplay footage is called "Sonic Forces Switch: 7 Minutes of New Gameplay"...
    Even though the gameplay footage is apparently the exact same as in the PS4 Pro video.

Hooray for IGN!

Btw as a non-Xbone/PS4/Gaming PC owner I do hope they're showing off how the Switch version will look/run as soon as possible. Because the PS4 version looks great and at a much smoother framerate than Generations on Consoles (the main reason I don't like Generations that much). Unless they're outsourcing it to the people who made Fast Racing Neo and Rmx the Switch port will have to be downgraded in some way.

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

Previous versions showed massive geometry downgrades, but it's impossible to say whether those were final. I am not optimistic though. Does anyone else have any information?

9. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

what the fuck is that
    shadow what the fuck are you doing
    how did chaos get back out
    what

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tDMLXn99P4

Huh. Shadow, Metal Sonic, Chaos, and Zavok are actual villains, along with some kinda monster of the week that looks kinda cool.

I'm ok with this.

Oh Shadow. One day they'll figure out how exactly you align. He's been a villain, a hero, and a rival, and an anti-hero. What are you, your game did nothing :v:

11. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

So Shadow and Chaos are there. Pretty sure they've been friendly since Adventure 1/2. Something weird's going on.

12. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Why is Shadow bad
    Why is Chaos bad
    Are they possessed or some shit

Why is Zavok fucking there

This makes me want to die

New villain looks cool though

Also a modern Chaos that actually looks like water is cool as hell

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

Some game art. What are you doing there Knuckles and Tails, you don't matter in this game :v:

14. Where is Mephiles and Classic Metal Sonic?

I'll show myself out.

But I'm surprised that people are liking new baddy.

15. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Of course there's an actual Coldsteel in this game.

16. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Oh hai Shads. And Metal Sonic.

And Chaos.

And Zavok.

And Abstract design the Character.

What??

17. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    Calling it: the freaky not-Shadow not-Mephiles thing is controlling those two (and probably Zavok too, I'm pretty sure he'd have no desire to work for Eggman after being controlled against his will).

18. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    What in the actual fuck???

Chaos can just not rest in piece, Shadow's permanent pose, Metal Sonic (who has not been in the real timeline since Sonic Heroes), some Sonic Lost World villain (didn't play it). Oy.

Watch the monster of the week end up being some evolved version of the Time Eater Wisp.

This is the most bizarre thing....however they have not tried to emulate this level of badassery since Shadow the Hedgehog....so I'll drink the water (and pray this comes to PC).

Like, I've never been so torn up emotionally about a Sonic game trailer....so they must be doing SOMETHING right.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yup this was confirmed for the PC when they initially revealed the game

20. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Something's off here. Why is Metal Sonic there, but none of the others? Could Metal Sonic actually have some kind of important role other than just being a robot boss?