Sonic for the Wii U

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ajavalo, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Deef

Deef

I'd say the obscene amount of lives in Sonic 4 was deliberate; created to avoid the frustration of limited lives, while at the same time not making it obvious that lives were there to throw away. A subconscious thing.

2. Sey

Sey

I have absolutely no idea why the 'lives' concept still exists im the era of checkpoints every minute and save points after every single level. The only thing it actually adds is an annoying 1 minite wait after every few failed attempts.

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Chopped Liver Champion Member
    Especially when you put one of these on it:
    [​IMG]
    It's pretty comfortable actually. I never got anything like this for my Wii remotes (aside from the jackets Nintendo sent out), and I like how it looks and feels. Now to wait on screen protectors to show up.

And back in my day a tablet was both another word for pill and something you hooked into your computer to draw on. Not a giant PDA/Palm Pilot.

4. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    When you run out of lives you should not be able to continue (infinitely). When you can there is no point in having the lives...

Giant GBA sounds accurate enough description to me haha.
    Tablet PC is a slate/board PC here, and tablet itself means a pill.

5. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Aww come on guys I was just poking fun at the Wii U.
    first thing that came to mind was the I-pad.

Hell, these Wii Us aren't even racking up record sales prices on ebay compared to the first system at this point in time,
    Guess the gimmicks don't have the same pull as they did with the first Wii.
    If there is a new sonic exclusive on Wii U, than I really hope that it does not rely fully on the gimmicks the system offers.

6. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

has covered wars Member
    They honestly don't need to do anything crazy with the tablet, just allow for no-TV use and call it a day. That's all a Sonic game would need, really. Maybe have some Wisps use it like Drill or something at best.