don't click here

Sonic Fan Remix

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by pelikan13, Mar 13, 2010.

1. pelikan13

pelikan13

2. Well, it certainly makes it easier to spot the foreground, and does make the mountains in the background look more distant. Don't really have an opinion on the matter, because it looks sublime with or without. I personally maybe prefer without, though. Gonna go watch the video again.

3. CptScoot

CptScoot

Lincoln, UK
    learning c#
    Now THAT looks beautiful. It's certainly fixed any gripes I might have had with it myself, but I'm sure some people will still complain of clutter. Personally, I think that you should leave the graphical tweaks for now as it's looking amazing. Get a first level done as best you can and then release it so as to gain a real insight from your audience here, right now we've only got a few screenshots and a small video to judge from. The sooner you make more of the level, the better.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'd really keep centering my efforts on the controls before modifying the visuals anymore.

Now all the people who liked it without the fog will complain, and so on...

5. CptScoot

CptScoot

Lincoln, UK
    learning c#
    Taking into account what ICEKnight just said, perhaps if you make an option to turn the fog etc. on and off, it'll stop any further arguments on the subject. Personally I couldn't care less, it looks fantastic and you don't need to dwell on that anymore, work on gameplay instead for a while.

6. Delusphere

Delusphere

UK
    Whoa!!! Can NOT wait to see more of this!! Made my day :)

7. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
  8. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I'm not kidding when I say this is what I actually want S2HD to look like -- far from being originalpixelfag territory, you've made some lovely additions to the art (WHALE <3) and represented the scenery in a new and fresh way whilst keeping the feel of the original intact... though not so much that it would seem completely stale and old.

You have no idea how much I'm craving a playable version; or at the very least a gameplay video of this awesomeness.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    By the way, if you need some help when making the controls and physics accurate to the old games, just ask away. There's many people here at this board who know every little detail that made the old gameplay what it was.

10. Tidbit

Tidbit

Isn't this more than enough to make a release? Even if its just an area to run around in?! Pleaase relase something.

Okay im calmed down now, im just excited for this.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher

12. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Sadly I agree, it looked too colorful to me. I also more worried about the game engine than the look of it: Look how Sonic Rebirth turned out.

I expect to see a video clip of that game in action before I'm convinced.

13. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    God damn that Sonic model is beautiful. Absolutely perfect.

14. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Sonic Rebirth was made with MMF which is rather limited when working with collisions. This is entirely different.

15. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Now THAT looks good! Great job!

Now, we know you're a master at visuals, but you should try working on the gameplay! If you need a reference to Sonic Physics, there's a physics guide right on this site!

16. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Can you please upload it again? I only get an error.

17. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    There's a Sonic World Engine for that. And for colorful, I meant to cluttered. It got too much details on the walls and grass, I'm mostly concerned about how much memory it needed to render all that.

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Doesn't Sonic Rebirth use the Worlds engine?

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It didn't. Now stay on topic people.

20. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    The one Rebirth is using is outdated, but that's not the point. I'm worried about putting more time on the graphics rather than the programming of the game. That what caused the downfall of Sonic Rebirth, it's beautiful but it's buggy as hell. Regardless of what software you made this game in, you're better make sure that it been ironed out before release.

All I'm saying is that all I see so far is pretty pictures, and I'll be more convince if I see it in action.