don't click here

Sonic Fan Remix

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by pelikan13, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    This just may be me, but I'd love to see this Emerald Hill ported to Sonic Generations. Or hell, even the assets being released, but that just might me being selfish.

2. winterhell

winterhell

It sure was a brilliant fan game.

3. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I pretty much said this before to someone else IIRC, he did some really great assets, and could surely create way more. Maybe he just didn't want to have to code all the amount of gimmicks and all that was needed(physics-wise and such), enemy behaviour, including porting to yet another engine. Perhaps he would be just happy with making a level in Gens instead, since all the playability is already there.

It sure was brilliant for its time though, especially after seeing that Mushroom Hill 3D video. :) Was like a dream coming true at last.

4. Damizean

Damizean

As classic as rock Member
    Valencia, España
    Various projects
    He already had all that :P It's simply that he started working on other projects (an indie game).

5. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    That's even better then. Cheers for him on that. :)

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Split off the 90s Arcade Racer posts into a thread over here: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=30683

7. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    This project isn't continuing? Shitty! It was the best damn 3D interpretation of Sonic to date! What the flipping flip!

8. dsrb

dsrb

Well, I don't know whether this has changed, but when it went on ‘hiatus', pelikan made references to eventually resuming at some point in the future, at least possibly; it was certainly left open.

9. Deef

Deef

Here we are.

But with his 90s/90's/'90s/ffs Racer in full swing now, that's unlikely to be for a very long time.

10. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Does anyone have the old Emerald Hill Zone demo.

11. winterhell

winterhell

12. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Thank you very much.

13. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDFaCfdv814[/youtube]

So where was this stuff initially announced? No mention of this information in this thread or from the official website.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It seems like pelikan13 isn't involved with that actually. Someone who made the the models for the Chemical Plant level is the one asking for help with it: http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds/item/1768-looking-for-c-unity-programmer/

He also doesn't seem to be using the engine pelikan13 made:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfZ4ddrNc0g

15. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    So none of the original creators are working on this game. :/ I hope he asked pelikan13 permission before continuing the project without him.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Why doesn't pelikan13 just give him the engine and assets? I mean after all, hes not really using it.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The assets maybe, but it's entirely possible the engine has been modified into 90s Racer usage.

18. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Considering he used a engine Mercury created and then the Egg Engine which Damizean created I doubt he's using their engines for a racing game. As for the assets he may very well be using them for his racing game as many of them were original. In other words what Overlord said only the exact opposite. The engines will be released once they are ready in some form but probably not the assets.

19. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Give it a new name for god sakes. After all its not the the original team .
    new team new project...

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Duke Nukem Forever says hi...