don't click here

Sonic Fan Remix

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by pelikan13, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    <!--quoteo(post=513272:date=Oct 3 2010, 02:38 AM:name=::CMG (UTOPIA)::)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (::CMG (UTOPIA):: @ Oct 3 2010, 02:38 AM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I'm sorry, are we watching the same thread, or are you looking at something else?
    [/QUOTE]
    I honestly think the first video is more comfortable on the eyes than the most recent one, because it has more color variety and doesn't make it where it's hard to see Sonic. This all comes back to my reasoning that everything is seemingly shaded with the colors blue and green, and because of that everything seems to be blueish-hued now; which is not good if you have a playable character that's blue.

Actually to fix this, the best idea would be to give the block-soil it's vibrant orange again. Would make everything blend in a way that's most distinguishable.

2. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    This is basically how every modern Sonic game should have been made. No qualms what-so ever with it, bricks have been shat, get hired by Sega, etc. I can't remember the last time I saw something so impressive from a fangame.

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    It's busy because there's always too MANY objects, scenery pieces, etc. on screen at once. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I'd suggest looking at other Sonic games (mainly Colors and Unleashed) and study how they kept levels from looking cluttered.

4. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    This. I mean don't get me wrong, I like it. It just needs more work.

5. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I agree the level should look a little less blue. Don't get me wrong, the graphics look great but it also looks a little washed out.

6. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    Get rid of the blue tint filter, make the graphics less busy, and then you'll have yourself a product!

7. Felik

Felik

Talking about blueness. I think that he is just intending to make morning, day and night act like he said earlier. Maybe it's a morning act? That would explain this unexpected blueness.

Anyway it's excellent work!

8. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Am I the only one who can't get this video to work? O_o I've tried clearing the cache, refreshing the page, Ctrl+F5'ing and all I get is a black screen with the loading circle in the middle of it x.x

9. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I forgot to say this, but I don't think the level looks too busy at all. It's just too blue.

10. Flare

Flare

Busy is good, Sonic 3/K was busy, I am getting sick of the design that Sonic 1 and 2 followed being used everywhere. Maybe tone the blue down as said, but I don't think when full screen and crisp you would lose Sonic or anything.

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    It's not as much of losing Sonic for me as it is that the previous colors for the stage just looked much better and more Sonic-y. :v:

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Sonic 3K was busy, but it wasn't a clutter.

13. Flare

Flare

But it isn't a clutter unless he never went to the effort of designing it that way. It is just busy, maybe too busy but I wouldn't describe it as a "clutter".

14. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I think it feels clutter because of the animation in the background and the blue tint. Other than that, it looks fine.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    <!--quoteo(post=513272:date=Oct 3 2010, 03:38 AM:name=::CMG (UTOPIA)::)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (::CMG (UTOPIA):: @ Oct 3 2010, 03:38 AM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What the hell kind of answer is that? Angel Island zone not only had things goin on the foreground, but in the background as well (more-so when you played as Sonic, since the floating island was on the water at the time), even more-so when it was on fire. Same thing with this fan game, but just like Sonic3K, I think it's done right with this fan game as well. Very beautiful visuals with little things going on that add bonus points for creativity and originality (I.E. the huge robotnik robot from Sonic 2 flying in the background). From what the video has shown me, it seems like this game is a blend of sonic 1, 2, and 3K, and as far as I'm concerned, I like it :) Mad props to the creator.

I'm sorry, are we watching the same thread, or are you looking at something else?[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is that even if Angel Island Zone is busy, Emerald Hill Zone never was. So if people are complaining about it being busy in comparison to Emerald Hill Zone then...well it is.

Not to mention, Angel Island Zone was green/red in colour. This is mostly blue, which is the same color as sonic. It's busy.

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Stop, people. Members are allowed to leave feedback as they wish and the fangame author is allowed to choose whether or not to honor with it. Stop bitching and deal with it.

Discussion shall continue.

17. DeeNinja

DeeNinja

A generic young member. Member
    Yes, yes it shall.
    That said, what I only noticed was that the level looks more unsaturated in the full video than the teaser. Probably because of that blue fog/tint like everyone else said. And it doesn't look busy at all. I mean, really. Did you lose Sonic? Look in the center of the screen.

18. Please don't take cues from modern Sonic games. Thank you.

19. DeeNinja

DeeNinja

A generic young member. Member
    Why not? When it comes to graphics and un-cluttery-ness, they're generally very good in that aspect.

20. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    Honestly, aside the too blue/too detailed thing, this seems like it really is a good fangame. I can't wait for a demo to be released.

Also, how to please people: Volume control options for adjusting SFX and Music volume for those who want things louder/quieter, and possibly graphics options where you adjust brightness/saturation and enable/disable the blue hue or such.