don't click here

Sonic Fan Games (The older ones)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by DC.17, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Does anyone have a working link to the file containing all the old fan games? The link(s) on the front page are dead.

2. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    what this guy said

3. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    Gotcha covered: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1trmzrzstgdskhd/old-sonic-fangames.zip

4. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Awesome, irrespective of how bad some of these may be, I feel like it'd be a shame to lose this part of the old Sonic Fan Games community. Nostalgia and all that shit.

5. Aw, the links here don't seem to be working anymore. That's a shame.

6. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    Recently went through an old disc of mine which had a backup of Sonic Fan Game HQ from back in 2002 - 2004. Testing to see how many of them still actually work (Turns out, most of them! Though K&P games won't work on Windows 10, so I had to use an old Windows 7 laptop)

Very VERY little of this stuff is still online, so I thought I'd do some video capturing of a bunch of games for prosperity.

When Tails Gets Bored
    Sonic SV
    Sonic Retro Engine Test (Septembe 2001)- from Taxman
    Sonic Boom! - The first Sonic Fan Game
    Sonic 3D Xmas (Something I did at the time)
    Sally Quest / Super Sonic Racing (Binned games I made but were on the site)
    Tails & The Quest for 100 Rings
    Sonic PC Blast
    Sonic Y2K Edition
    Sonic Infinity (Intro & Xmas Preview)
    Sonic Robo Blast 2 0.6 Demo(Might have to do this again, as it seems to run at a better resolution through DosBOX)
    Sonic Robo Blast 2 Halloween Demo
    Sonic Thirdscape Demo
    Sonic: The Fated Hour (Intro & Engine Beta Test)
    Super Mario Vs NWO World Tour
    Sonic Pinball Mania 1 & 2 (By Saxman)
    Sonic: Time Attacked (Demo Version)

It's real hard to look back at some of these, haha. Might make a few more videos :P That Mediafire link worked too, which had a few more things I didn't have anymore (Madventure for one)

7. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I'm still looking for this one fan game that seems to be forgotten by time. It was Sonic Fusion by Raudaschl and was the first 3D Sonic fan game anyone had made, far as I know. I'm not talking about the 3D platformer demo she released either. Before that she had what was going to a racing game, and it had violin music playing. It was made in DarkBasic, which was a very early 3d engine back then.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any mention of Raudaschl's name I find anywhere only refers to the later 3D demo she made, not the racing game. It was pretty crappy but for nostalgia's sake I'd like to see it again. Violin song was nice too, and I'd post it here if I could remember what it was. Found it on Youtube before and now completely forget what it was called.

8. Anybody remember the one-level "Retro Sonic Nexus" demo? Not the falling Angel Island one, or the Pristine Palisade one, but the one with the Green Hill style level? Anybody still have that? I don't know why, but I wanted to look at it again. Thing is, none of the demos for that are on the Wiki.

Would it be a problem if somebody were to go through the wiki and add links to all of the pages that are missing them, or do we specifically need permission from each developer to put up a link on each page?

EDIT: Found it. You know, when what's essentially the same fan-game has four different pages, it's hard to keep track of what goes where. We really ought to compile them together as one huge page, describe the whole story behind it and all of the combinations and versions that went on, and stick all of the various demos on a single page.

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I remember that person! I used to chat to them on AIM back in the day. I also remember Sonic Fusion and the mania it caused from being 3D. I think he or she made a 2D version of the game first and then it transitioned in to Dark Basic and 3D. Man, the memories. Also is Raudaschl a woman? I thought for sure it was a dude but my memory could be failing me here.

Also does anyone know how to track down a demo of Blue Storm? It was a fangame demo I made back in the day but the files I had are lost to the echoes of time now. Whenever I see this thread bumped I always hope someone somewhere has a copy of it but am yet to see one so far.

Let me know if anyone can track down the demo. I'd love to play it again and experience a blast from the past.

10. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    Don't forget the old demos of Sonic XG

http://soahcity.com/2015/08/08/several-old-sonic-xg-demos-uncovered/

Somebody update the Sonic XG fan game page here with the older demos, this should be in the Retro archives as soon as possible!

11. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
  12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
  13. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
  14. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Awesomeness! Great to see the older fangame getting some more video love! :D

ScaleyFoxy also has an ongoing Let's Play series of some rare titles that aren't in the above MediaFire download, and he's been willing to give download links when I've asked as well. ^_^

Here's his Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Somedoomer

15. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

While there is so much old fan game love on YouTube being posted here, realised I completely forgot to link to this here:

I did a three part let's play of my one and only completed fan game from 2001/2 called Sonic Chudoku. Part three also has a Sonic Chudoku 2 demo in it.

I'm hoping to edit together a video about my most ambitious but eventually canned fan game Sonic Switch, a point and click adventure that had a couple of released demos, in the near future including a bunch of stuff from it that was never seen by anyone outside of a handful of friends.

It's been fun re-installing Multimedia Fusion and the games factory to go back through all my old source files of these games, discovering things I almost all about and even jogging my memory on ho these programs even worked. I even started messing around with the Sonic Chudoku code editing the level layouts and stuff haha.

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Oh man. No joke, Chudoku used to be one of my favourite fangames back in the day. Looking forward to watching this after work.

17. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    Sonic Fan Game Saturdays - Tails Race.

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2YElu5uU2s&feature=youtu.be

Magnus Andersson made 3 Sonic fan games, most notably "Tails & The Quest for 100 Rings" which I think was one of the very first Sonic fan games. He then made this game, and "Tails' Quest for Love."

18. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    Got back into making Fan Game videos again, messing with VMWare as very old Klik & Play games just don't function very well (or at all) on newer OS, so redid this one.

Sonic Boom - the first Sonic Fan Game!

[​IMG]

19. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
  20. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Hm... I don't know if it's in the thread, but I remember a really awful Sonic fangame called, I think, Sonic Mega Quest. It had a self-insert bat character and very few frames of animation. Sonic would just slide along, and everything looked to have been drawn in MSPaint.