Sonic Fan Games (The older ones)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by DC.17, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Mr. Ksoft

Mr. Ksoft

IL, USA
    An overly ambitious retro platformer
    It's your lucky day! I have this one. Enjoy!

TGF Team was an interesting face from the early days. They made a lot of games, admittedly very hit-or-miss but some were quite decent. This demo is in the miss category though, it's not particularly engaging (I suspect the level designs are from the original SA2 fangame which is why they seem so poor compared to contemporary TGF productions like BRSX)

2. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Oh man, this takes me back. He was my best friend in the SFGHQ days. Loved the guy. He was just one person (even though he was called TGF Team) and as well being an awesome guy he was very talented. He made Sonic 2099 in his later years (which I tried to get him to rename to Sonic 2097 after Wipeout 2097 but he stuck with his original name) and Bladerunners SX, as you mentioned, which I actually did name. He wanted something cool and it was the coolest thing I could think of. I think I may have been quite good with names because I also named Aytac's Sonic Unity when he started work on that to follow up Chaomega. But yeah TGF Team's game were very good and much better than mine. We did team up on a couple of projects. Blue Storm and after that Sonic: Dark Horizon the latter of which remains unreleased.

I do miss him a lot. We were in contact every day for years. He also contributed Raging Waterfront to the then planned final release of Chaomega (whilst I contributed Desert Heat). I think Bladerunners was his last project as I recall and it's probably his best with Sonic 2099 as a close second.

3. AsuharaMoon

AsuharaMoon

kakyoin did you lay this egg Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Sonic Rocket, & others
    Neat! I didn't expect to have it so soon! And yeah, there's not much going on here.

Asides of the better engine and new cutscenes, the stages are very linear. But it's really nice to have it recovered after a while, that's for sure. (especially cuz' it's the only fangame made by TGF that was publicly lost) Thanks dude!

4. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    All the links on the front page are either dead, or don't work with waterfox.

5. Miles3298

Miles3298

Perhaps an odd request, but would anyone happen to have any of the versions of Dr Robotnik in Rebellion (or something to that effect)? 'Twas the first fangame I ever played, and on a computer horribly ill-equipped to run it. (Yes, really. It was an exceptionally slow machine, even for the time.) And as stated in the post above, the site that was hosting a lot of them seems to be dead.

6. ScaleyFoxy

ScaleyFoxy

Estonia
    My Youtube as far as Sonic goes.
    Would this help you? http://pc0.hapisan.com/sfghq/games/Robotniks%20Rebellion%20AKA%20Revenge.rar
    I also upload several playthrough's of these old games on my Youtube channel titled under "Sonic: Fan Games/Hacks"

If you want the Level Select password as well then let me know i need to remember it xD

EDIT: Also, if anyone around here has a copy of Manic the Lad by ManicTeam share it to me so i can upload a playthrough of it thank you.

7. ScaleyFoxy

ScaleyFoxy

Estonia
    (This post is for anyone who happens to check this thread)
    I have been and still am as a hobby recording and playing through several of these games even some newer ones.
    Each time i upload a video i also archive em on this website i made.
    For anyone interested here it is. https://scaleyfoxy.weebly.com/

8. Glaber

Glaber

looks like your site is going to be a good place to pick up old fangames. You even have Sonic Madventure! Awsome! SRB2 use to have an easter egg advertising that back in Demo4! Would you mind If I added a link to it's page on your website into my SRB2 mod "SRB2 The Past"?

also I have an old fangame of my own that I think may be a little lost to time despite making an updated version of it, twice.

It's a not so good, but complete fan game called Metal Attack 1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n390n1snlbvhb0n/Metal Attack1 2016.zip?dl=0
    Sorry for the lack of screenshots, I forgot to take some more recently. The 2016 build was mainly for compatibility with modern systems.

9. ScaleyFoxy

ScaleyFoxy

Estonia
    Spread whichever info or links you want.
    I mainly started this whole thing because of "Thirdscape" back when the game was actually newly released, then later i got exposed to SRB2 and spent many years on that xD
    And i still have a big log of fangames on my PC and i keep finding more via Wayback or thanks to other people, so i just decided to make this Website and add whatever game i find and record a full gameplay video of em.
    Be it as old as 1998 or 2019
    (Self Rambling aside)
    Everything is still a work in progress here, more info to be added, more games to be added over time...
    Thinking of adding the authors website links as well even tho they are long gone and only Wayback can browse em to some degree but still an Archive is an Archive.
    EDIT: Including older Demo Versions or Special Edition versions of games as well on their respective Game Pages.

With all that said (Metal Attack 1) It can be a Demo/Trailer/Full Game good or bad, Win98/XP/7 Compatible etc, maters not for me, i have various PC's or various developing or hacking programs to work past em.
    (Minus anything that's pure exe...) "Yes looking at you Multimedia Fusion executables... While useful for data protection, you are not very useful in my Archiving adventures... But asking for the CCA file or other to be open source is a bit too much for many i know xD"

Anyway, thanks for sharing that game there, i will eventually include it on my channel and Website as well.
    (And remember everyone... this is a hobby and not professional work so i do it whenever i can or the mood strikes)

10. Glaber

Glaber

I should still have the original Metal Attack 1 and revision 1 (1+) if you'd like those too.
    I should mention though, they have .gam files instead of .cca because I used The Games Factory instead of Click N create

11. ScaleyFoxy

ScaleyFoxy

Estonia
    I can.
    A: Archive the older versions as downloads for anyone that may or may not be interested in em as i do plan to add multiple downloads for each game entry.
    Ex: Download: Here! - V1.0
    Ex: Download: Here! - V2.4 etc
    OR
    B: You can just privately send me the project file if you prefer it not be public so only i can look into it myself for my archiving needs or purposes.
    This is fine as well as i can open those no prob as well, the only exception being if it has a very heavy "TGF or C&C application protection" which has a 50/50 chance of being disabled for me.

12. Glaber

Glaber

I'm ok with with the earlier version being out there. I just needed to do a quick recompile of the exe (and change a name from the high score table), I'll post a zip as soon as I find everything.

EDIT: Metal Attack previous versions plus the canceled sequal now all in one pack.
    past versions were slightly altered to remove a Real name from the high score table useing The Games factory. (Yes, I still have it)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaarhtl60zo28w0/Metal Attack series.zip?dl=0

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  13. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    Since I had my own backup, and PC0's backup of old games and the old SFGHQ, I've been slowly chucking up everything onto Archive.org, with screenshots and reviews.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject:"sonic+fan+games"&sort=-publicdate

Including screenshots from the game, and the occasional recompile so it will work on modern machines.

The intent is to start a twitter bot that posts about each one at some point.