don't click here

Sonic Extreme

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SegaLoco, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    And I still think this looked better than Riders... Stupid Sega >_<

I wonder if Sega did that to avoid IP shenanigans though. You know, lawyers can get really mean when it comes to stuff like this, licensing is something that can get messy easily.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Wow that was cool for her to tell us that. If your going to reply tell her that we, the community, thank her for her input on the matter.

3. Man, if this could get released, imagine it:

We could take the assets from that demo, and stick them in the actual Tech Deck game, maybe even complete it. It'd just be skinning and hopefully model swapping, but it could be fun and awesome.

This is exactly the case.

4. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Thanks for sharing this, ProtonX.

The videos with Sonic's moveset remind me of White Acropolis' gameplay. Shadow's moveset seems to be more polished than Sonic's. There are a few extra animations for Shadow that Sonic doesn't have.

The level reminds me of Heroes and the voices seem to be from there too, at least some of them. The 'here we go' is from Heroes, when the team toggles to him as leader while the 'ouch' is from there too (though I'm not sure if it was used before for SA, SA2).

Anyway, what a weird concept. I don't think I'd find this interesting in the slightest, if it was ever finished.

5. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Exactly! SEGA knew that this would be the reaction. We find it interesting now as it's a dumped concept and our tiny little minds are running around with awesome and crazy ideas, but in reality, it's just another dull skateboard game with Sonic as a skin instead of Tony Hawk. I'm glad they stuck to the concept of Riders, although it could have been done so much better- I personally think something between Sonic Riders and AllStars is where they should've gone.

Also, should have stuck to wheels, hoverboards just don't match the Sonic world style.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    This was simply a pitch to a concept. You're delusional if you think they would have just leave the game at that with more levels. And if SEGA did go through with it, they would have been on their ass to make a few changes to it just like Iizuka did to Rivals.

Want proof? They made Riders.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    All this fits in quite well, as I remember around that time (2004-2005) rumors of a game coming to Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube called Sonic Extreme along with a Sonic R sequel. We were under the impression that Sega had gone mad and tried to a second shot at Sonic Xtreme. It wasn't until TGS 2005 that Sonic Extreme and "Sonic R 2" were revealed to be the same game in:

One thing to note is some people have said that Sonic Riders controls and has visual similarities to another Sega handled title:

Which came out in 2003 and did rather well on the Gamecube. Naturally in marketing think, a game that plays like a successful racer, takes a twist on the dying skateboard fad, and throws in your company's top franchise character and his friends and you got the makings for a Classic Sega Spinoff.

8. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    My thoughts exactly, this is why I intend to buy a copy of the game on payday. Should I go after the PC version or try to get a copy of the Xbox version?

9. Tanks

Tanks

Thing is... Xbox would be the best bet since developers love to change shit around between ports. Then again, if that's not the case like say... a sort of SADX situation... Then PC version would be the best shit ever due to pure accessibility for everyone.

I'd honestly say grab the PC one unless you actually happen to own a chipped Xbox.

10. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I actually remember the rumors, it was big on SoaH City about whether or not SEGA went loco, or if were finally getting it. That's two semi-lost Sonic E/Xtremes, huh? :)

11. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I would say go for the PC version, I assume it would be the easiest for everyone to play/edit the files. What price range are we talking for the game?

12. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
  13. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I'm not going to lie, this game looks super shitty and I'm glad it was canceled. What's the point of "recreating" it.

14. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I agree, I say we got a much better product with Sonic Riders.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    For fun? Why shit on someones idea if they want to do it? Let them if they want to.

16. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    To make it better? To make it good?

Just look at Resident Evil 2.

17. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    For shits and giggles, I s'pose.

Digging around the net reveals that, in the vein of S3/&K, four discs were released as single-themed (single-stage? not sure) games that could combine together. (Downtown, Far East Town, Freak Town and Space Town)

I'm tempted to grab that second listing - it's $9.99 for me. I have the available money, and at $10 (or $12 for the first listing) it's not outrageous; I'm only hesitant as I already did my monthly impulse buy a day or two ago (only May 2? ugh... :v: ). I figure if I decide to get it it'd be tomorrow. I'll wait a day and think on it.

It's not a problem for me to get it, merely just restraining my spending; but I'd love to help out if I can.

18. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I remember buying the Far East Town in a Walgreens around 2007, and I couldn't get it to install, but I had a relatively old computer for the time - a windows 98 machine. Needless to say I don't have the disc anymore, but they do exist.

19. ProtonX

ProtonX

The system has other protoype builds including a almost fully playable copy of the tech deck game, with all 4 levels. Also from what I can tell what was released on the PC, was never actually released on the xbox. If im wrong, someone post a picture of the xbox disc and case.

The video I featured was the pitch idea for tech deck.

20. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Except for the part where F-Zero GX actually has controls that work.