don't click here

Sonic: Eastern Coast Adventures

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Master3k, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I feel the same towards SYZ. The background looks more blocky than the foreground. Which clashes quite some.

2. Master3k

Master3k

I was planning to copy Collision Chaos to SYZ...I think S1 Revelation did it before, though, so... I don't know. I might just copy another zone to SYZ. Unless if the creator (damn forgot his name :P EDIT2: I fail hard, he posted just 3 posts above this one D:) allows me to. Else, unlikely.

And I wasn't happy with that MZ BG - too dead IMO.

[​IMG]

Olook! A S2 BG! I couldn't find one in SCD this time (:O), so here we go.

Feedback please.

EDIT: Right when I posted, I got a time over on MZ. <3

3. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Hm, I'm really not sure of what you're not happy with the result of it, 3k. But this looks like a lost castle. Absolute awesome, I think. Also, you did a excellent texturization on the foreground tiles. Keep up this! :D

4. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    I'll have to get back to you on that. But in a way I don't have much say because its not like I own collision chaos. I don't know how many times I've worked hard on pulling out an idea that hasn't been done then as soon as I'm finished, somone posts saying that they've done what I just finished like 2 steps ahead of me. Meh, I must be slow or something. I was gonna say this until it was finished but I think its somewhat revelent to this... my collision chaos before my computer crashed and I lost most of my recent data of sonic revelations, it had dynamic tilesets for collision chaos using, the present for act 1,past for act 2, and future for act 3. Like I say I don't own, but I don't really know what to do about this either... like I said I guess I'll just have to get back to you on that.. I mean I gonna have to report the past and future because I lost them during the crash.

5. Master3k

Master3k

Don't waste your time: I've did an attempt (to test my habilities) and failed. D:

I also won't post screens for a while, probably (although you guys know how failed my "probably"s are). Afterall, I've pretty much did the art for every zone. I will focus more on ASM now.

Started by changing that High Speed Dash thing to a Double Jump, entirely coded by me. The first move code I do all by myself, with no one's help. Yay, I am learning :D *hears techies laughing*. Well, I suppose we all start somewhere :P

6. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Oh ok, sorry it didn't work out.

7. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    What's the Matter? When I'll see a release of it?

8. Master3k

Master3k

I don't really have the pacience to re-make the FG, and I don't want to import it anymore too.

Releases?

If you look close enough, this post contains a secret link to a secret site contraining a secret email, which contains a secret message containing a secret link to a secret beta :O

Lol, just kidding. I don't know when a release will be avaible, as I'm making new layouts for ALL zones. This time I won't re-use the layouts from Sonic 1 Project "???", like I did with MZ and SYZ2.

Palettes are getting a rework aswell. And I'll get better art for LZ and SLZ (GHZ, SYZ and SBZ are decent IMO - but any suggestions to improve the art are welcome!). Expect screens soon.

The music ports, although still far from perfect, are really better since last release, and I'm spending all my free time (which is a lot) learning ASM (and playing games, of course :P). So, next release will have more ASM work too.

That's all the news for now. Like I said on the first post (Whoa, almost 1 year since I posted the first release already), any help to this hack is welcome!

9. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Good to see. When you need something, tell me. I'm interested on give some of my work for you, if you want, of course. So I hope to see more than a simple "OH, I ADDED SPINDASH. THIS IS AWESOME!!!!" in this hack. I can't wait to download this game, so I can't wait to see the final product. What makes me expect for something very nice. :)

10. Master3k

Master3k

I decided to take a shot at remixing music, this time making them at least half-decent. :eng101:
    Here are the results so far.

(NOTE:Vgm files, you'll need a WinAMP plugin or anything that plays VGM to play them)

SLZ remix
    SYZ remix

(Yes, I know there's some weirdness on the end of the SLZ one, I'll fix that...)
    If you like, I'm planning to make the playlist like...

Act 1: Original level music
    Act 2: Remixed Music
    Act 3: Some music port

11. Master3k

Master3k

Someone lock this please. I've lost the source, and I'm working on something new (Sonic 1, maybe, or 3&K, whichever gets done first)...

12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Well it was fun while it lasted, I enjoyed playing what you created, and hope you'll find the time to create those projects within it's place =)

13. neonsynth

neonsynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, Stammbach
    gaming and music production
    This is pretty much what SVN and backups are for.
    But eh, good luck on your new hack and I suggest you to make one of the things I mentioned above. :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.