Sonic Delta 40Mb

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Esrael, Mar 9, 2020.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I sent Esrael the SMPS file of this a few weeks ago, along with a few other 8-bit songs. If and how he's going to use them is entirely up to him, though.

2. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    Brazil, São Paulo, Guarulhos
    Neto Assembler Editor / Sonic 2 Delta / Neto MD-DOS
    Thanks for your feedback.
    -The colour change in "GHz" flowers was made as optimization to have Knuckles, Super Forms and avoid conflict with boss colours;
    -The ring object use dynamic art to free some Vídeo RAM, as result you will see animated rings in debug objects;
    -About removed soundtracks (71, 73 and 74). This was done, since now both sound drivers uses the same DAC samples ( These invalid entries in Sound Test will be removed );
    -The "Extra Life #3" sound issue, is a sound driver issue (The sound driver is not responding to resume command sent by this sound), this is not hard to fix;
    -About Bridge zone, may be I can redraw this level and use this as Ocean Wind zone. And may be I will revert the Winter Hill graphics to old Winter Hill where Sand Shower graphics is used with palette change.

Best regards:
    --------------------
    Neto

3. Since you're already adding Bridge Zone, do you intend to add the other 8-Bit Sonic 1 levels? Most of the new content level-wise is crammed in the Sonic 2 part of the game, which while it's understandable since that game has the most prototype stuff to re-implement, it feels a bit lopsided, from a player's stand point. I'd love to see a 16-bit Sky Base, Jungle, etc.

4. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.71 ) / Hardware.
    (Everdrive X series users can get a custom O.S. in the hack page to enable support to hack (SRAM and SEGA Mapper enabled)).

- Fixed object synchronization with foreground scroll on Labyrinth;
    - Fixed the Robotnik stealing Master Emerald (HPZ SK) music not following the user preference in Options Menu;
    - Added S2GG Boss converted 8 bits sound (id $71) to "Sound Test", courtesy of "Nineko";
    - Removed the duplicate sounds on Sound Test.

- Added two files with some instructions and troubleshooting in the download file (Read-Me.txt (English version) and Leia-Me.txt (Portuguese-Br version)).

Best regards:
    ----------------
    Neto.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.72 ) / Hardware.
    (Everdrive X series users can get a custom O.S. in the hack page to enable support to hack (SRAM and SEGA Mapper enabled)).
    (Mega Everdrive v1 series users can get a custom O.S. in the hack page to enable support to hack (SRAM and SEGA Mapper enabled)).

- Fixed invincibility music (Sonic 3K part) not following the user preference in Options Menu;
    - Increased the speed of the elevator in Hidden Palace (S2);
    - Fixed the restart from a checkpoint sending player to start of level on Bridge 2;
    - Fixed the life monitor in Bridge 2 not awarding the player;
    - Fixed the game not detecting the console region after the credits, causing issues with 50Hz consoles;
    - Added the Egg Robo sprites in End Panel and Boss Health bar to Knuckles;
    - Added a block to fix some visual issues in one vine in Dust Hill 2 (MCz);
    - Added support to Mega Everdrive V1 (custom OS is required).

Best regards:
    ----------------
    Neto.

6. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    Finally! :-D

7. Alex Field

Alex Field

シュート! カオス・エメラルド・ザが消えようとしている! Member
    Downunda, Mobius
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2+, Sonic the Hedgehog 3+
    Is it me, or do the PSG's for the Sonic 1/2 portion sound... wrong (as in, they seem to be shorter than usual).