don't click here

Sonic Delta 40Mb

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Esrael, Mar 9, 2020.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I sent Esrael the SMPS file of this a few weeks ago, along with a few other 8-bit songs. If and how he's going to use them is entirely up to him, though.

2. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    Brazil, São Paulo, Guarulhos
    Neto Assembler Editor / Sonic 2 Delta / Neto MD-DOS
    Thanks for your feedback.
    -The colour change in "GHz" flowers was made as optimization to have Knuckles, Super Forms and avoid conflict with boss colours;
    -The ring object use dynamic art to free some Vídeo RAM, as result you will see animated rings in debug objects;
    -About removed soundtracks (71, 73 and 74). This was done, since now both sound drivers uses the same DAC samples ( These invalid entries in Sound Test will be removed );
    -The "Extra Life #3" sound issue, is a sound driver issue (The sound driver is not responding to resume command sent by this sound), this is not hard to fix;
    -About Bridge zone, may be I can redraw this level and use this as Ocean Wind zone. And may be I will revert the Winter Hill graphics to old Winter Hill where Sand Shower graphics is used with palette change.

Best regards:
    --------------------
    Neto

3. Since you're already adding Bridge Zone, do you intend to add the other 8-Bit Sonic 1 levels? Most of the new content level-wise is crammed in the Sonic 2 part of the game, which while it's understandable since that game has the most prototype stuff to re-implement, it feels a bit lopsided, from a player's stand point. I'd love to see a 16-bit Sky Base, Jungle, etc.

4. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.71 ) / Hardware.
    (Everdrive X series users can get a custom O.S. in the hack page to enable support to hack (SRAM and SEGA Mapper enabled)).

- Fixed object synchronization with foreground scroll on Labyrinth;
    - Fixed the Robotnik stealing Master Emerald (HPZ SK) music not following the user preference in Options Menu;
    - Added S2GG Boss converted 8 bits sound (id $71) to "Sound Test", courtesy of "Nineko";
    - Removed the duplicate sounds on Sound Test.

- Added two files with some instructions and troubleshooting in the download file (Read-Me.txt (English version) and Leia-Me.txt (Portuguese-Br version)).

Best regards:
    ----------------
    Neto.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.72 ) / Hardware.
    (Everdrive X series users can get a custom O.S. in the hack page to enable support to hack (SRAM and SEGA Mapper enabled)).
    (Mega Everdrive v1 series users can get a custom O.S. in the hack page to enable support to hack (SRAM and SEGA Mapper enabled)).

- Fixed invincibility music (Sonic 3K part) not following the user preference in Options Menu;
    - Increased the speed of the elevator in Hidden Palace (S2);
    - Fixed the restart from a checkpoint sending player to start of level on Bridge 2;
    - Fixed the life monitor in Bridge 2 not awarding the player;
    - Fixed the game not detecting the console region after the credits, causing issues with 50Hz consoles;
    - Added the Egg Robo sprites in End Panel and Boss Health bar to Knuckles;
    - Added a block to fix some visual issues in one vine in Dust Hill 2 (MCz);
    - Added support to Mega Everdrive V1 (custom OS is required).

Best regards:
    ----------------
    Neto.

6. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    Finally! :-D

7. Is it me, or do the PSG's for the Sonic 1/2 portion sound... wrong (as in, they seem to be shorter than usual).

8. That One Guy Josh

That One Guy Josh

Journeying into Dreams Member
    Apologies for bumping this, but I was recently playing this and the WFZ propeller sound for some reason plays when transforming. I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end, but I just wanted to point this out.

And by the way I used Debug Mode to see this.

9. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    So, a few questions:

1) I notice in the level select menu, you try to keep the sound test order accurate to the old games, so I'm curious about why the (commonly-accepted) 'super theme' from the prototype end up at 26 while the prototype's credits track is at DC, where the 3K medley's at. Is this because the medley doesn't exist?

2) Is there something that could be done to make a second cycle of the Winter boss's platforms come a bit sooner? As it is, you're dodging essentially blind drops in quicksand over the death plane, so you want to keep that phase fairly brief.

Finally, it's been a little while since we heard from you. Everything good? Curious to see if you have any kind of roadmap in mind.

10. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    I am rewriting the Sonic Delta code from scratch (from a fresh SonicK disassembly that I have remade (not released to public yet)). You can follow the progress, if you want, in the Sonic Delta discord (some test builds are available).

11. lordoftime

lordoftime

Timelord Member
    Can you please share an invite to your discord?

12. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
  13. This invite appears to be invalid... Mind posting a new permanent one if its still a thing?

14. Spicy Bread SSR

Spicy Bread SSR

You can call me Mal if you like Member
    https://discord.gg/3Kby5TCeP7 here, this should be permanent (I'll remove this if Neto doesn't want a permanent link)

15. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.73 ) / Hardware. (Reloaded Edition)
    (Mega Everdrive v1 series users can get a custom O.S. in the hack page to enable support to hack (SRAM and SEGA Mapper enabled)).

This version was fully rewrite from a fresh SK disassembly that i have made based on my S3 Nov disassembly.

-This version fixes S1 bosses not laughing when Miles is hit in cooperative mode;
    -Hyper Miles flickies not attacking enemies in S1 and S2 levels;
    -Hyper Dash now destroy all enemies on Screen in S1 and S2 Levels;
    -Fixed walking on air issue in Sky Fortress platforms;
    -Fixed clouds speed on Sky Fortress when player moves backward;
    -Fixed Sound Driver corruption by Hill Top Boss;
    -Fixed Ball shooter boss height for Knuckles and added Egg Robo art for this boss;
    -Fixed bg scrolling in Aiz Intro Surfboard;
    -Fixed Data Select corruption in some conditions;
    -Fixed Hydrocity boss / mini boss music playing wrong music in some conditions;
    -Fixed Angel Island Act 1 playing Act 2 music in some conditions;
    -Fixed Miles not going with Knuckles in Hydrocity 1 to 2 transition;
    -Fixed Marble Garden boss music for Knuckles;
    -Score Tally now supports up to 655,360 points in S1 and S2 levels (fixed by engine recode);
    -Camera no longer lost Player in S1 and S2 levels (fixed by engine recode);
    -Asteron enemy now free the flickies;

-Improved Emerald Hill cutscene, Now you start direct to game play;
    -Added Angel Island cutscene to Knuckles and Miles;
    -Added Middle cutscene to Sonic 2 Hidden Palace;
    -Moved Mushroom Hill Knuckles cutscene to Green Hill;

Added more options to Options Menu:
    -Easy Half Pipe (Less rings requirements for cooperative e alone mode);
    -Easy Blue Sphere (Fixed Speed rate);
    -Automatic Angel Island Intro (Super Sonic When you have 7 Emeralds and Surfboard with less than 7);
    -Title Card options (Prototype and Final for some levels).
    -More music options;

Act tramstions for Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 Levels;

And more fixes by engine recode.

Best regards:
    ----------------
    Neto.

16. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.74 ) / Hardware. (Reloaded Edition).

-This release fixes a big issue, when playing with Miles alone, where you can't complete Sky Chase;
    -And minor issues:
    -Robotnik in Emerald Hill uses wrong frame for hurt animation;
    -Boss music restarting for Mecha Sonic in Death Egg (S2).

Hints:
    -There are an easter egg in Emerald Hill (Playing Alone and in cooperative mode).
    -The big rings was moved throughout stages. Some levels have more than one like:
    - 2 in Green Hill Act 1;
    - 2 in Marble Act 1;
    - 3 in Marble Act 2;
    - 2 In Spring Yard Act 2;
    - 2 in Hill Top Act 1.

Best regards:
    ----------------
    Neto.

17. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.75 ) / Hardware. (Reloaded Edition).

Sonic Delta discord

-Fixed the option "LEVEL" not saving for Super Form in Angel Island part;
    -Fixed the option "CLASSIC" for West Side Boss, causing game to enter in infinite loop;
    -Fixed the Knuckles alone crash when entering on Slot Machine Bonus Stage;
    -Fixed Knuckles losing Super Form after defeating one of two Mini Bosses in LBz;
    -Fixed Water Surface not resetting after losing a life in boss area in Lz3;
    -Fixed wrong colour objects in Sz and DEz (SK);
    -Fixed some art corruption in Mini Game results screen;
    -Fixed the wrong behaviour of wheels in Carnival Night (vanilla S3K Code);
    -Fixed water height in LBz2 for knuckles after losing a life near the boss;
    -Fixed the "Sound Test" option losing focus after the "LEVEL SELECT MENU " or "BRIDGE" cheat is entered;
    -Changed the level height for SYz3 during the transition;

Best regards:
    ----------------
    Neto.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  18. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    This project is very ambitious, and is definitely one of the cult hacks for SMD in principle. I have a question: given that this game is based on an attempt to restore the cut S2 levels, as well as taking into account that beta elements have been added to other games, do you think about raising this parameter to absolute, in the sense of giving all S3 zones early versions of palettes from the available pre-releases, recreate the early order of levels in S3 and S1, as well as use earlier sprites for characters, like TTS recreation for Sonic (or just sprites from S1/SCD), sprites from the Simon Wai prototype for Tails, as well as sprites for Knuckles in the style of the November prototype? Also, are you thinking about using all the unused S2 badniks from Tom Payne's digitizers? Or are you just polishing a finished work now and not going to introduce innovations?

Thanks for attention, and for you'r work

19. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    I am doing some polishment, but new content are in my plans, like a new Genocide City based on Sonic Spinball The Machine, and some redrawn on Sand Shower, including new bosses for both levels.

Best regards:
    ----------------
    Neto.

20. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    It is wonderful. Good luck to you, and thank you for the answer