Sonic Deal at Kmart

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Doppelgengar, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    <!--quoteo(post=533995:date=Nov 28 2010, 01:47 AM:name=Hybrid Project Alpha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hybrid Project Alpha @ Nov 28 2010, 01:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=533995">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kmart still exists?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^

<!--quoteo(post=534363:date=Nov 29 2010, 05:57 PM:name=Blue Emerald)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blue Emerald @ Nov 29 2010, 05:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=534363">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kmart has possibly the worst game selection ever, at least concerning the ones I've been to. Disney games pile the shelves, while there are still aisles stocked with PlayStation2 and Xbox games. Last time I went to one (several weeks ago), the Wii game selection was pretty poor, with the only good games being a few good Mario games on the shelves. You'd swear this company had never heard of a bargain bin -- TBH, I'm surprised these stores didn't all close out sooner.

I appreciate the effort they're making, though, but are there many Sonic games worth buying nowadays? Colors is the only one that comes to mind (all the others I don't like simply because of the controls).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Their gaming selection is better than Wal-Mart. I've always been able to go into Kmart and find exactly what I'm looking for. I've never had that experience with Wal-Mart, except once when I (regretfully) bought Secret Rings - for $10 more than Gamestop was selling it for!

But that's just me, and I only like their selection because I rarely go shopping for the newest games anyway.

Those figures look pretty cool.

2. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

I thought I would pass this along also, just in case anyone is into that kind of thing. Kmart is now carrying a Sonic Colors poster for $5.99, featuring this artwork:

[​IMG]

3. Is there still a Little Cesar's in there? Go buy some Sonic figures and get some pizza, pizza. I remember Kmart, Bradlees, and Caldoors were the KINGS of department stores before Wal-Mart gained prominence. Thats where I bought all my Genesis games as a wee lad, later on Dreamcast, and maybe a few early Gamecube games.

4. I didn't even know they were making Sonic Colors posters to sell. I don't think there's one near me. I might check out a few of the places that do sell posters, but as that's so much hassle, I will probably end up ordering it online.

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    <!--quoteo(post=540779:date=Dec 23 2010, 08:17 AM:name=atUnderdogK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (atUnderdogK @ Dec 23 2010, 08:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=540779">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I didn't even know they were making Sonic Colors posters to sell. I don't think there's one near me. I might check out a few of the places that do sell posters, but as that's so much hassle, I will probably end up ordering it online.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If there's no K-Mart near you, I got practically the exact same poster at Wal*Mart. I don't know how long they carry posters but it's worth a look; it's a pretty awesome poster.

6. <!--quoteo(post=540794:date=Dec 23 2010, 09:50 AM:name=Mykonos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mykonos @ Dec 23 2010, 09:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=540794">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=540779:date=Dec 23 2010, 08:17 AM:name=atUnderdogK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (atUnderdogK @ Dec 23 2010, 08:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=540779">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I didn't even know they were making Sonic Colors posters to sell. I don't think there's one near me. I might check out a few of the places that do sell posters, but as that's so much hassle, I will probably end up ordering it online.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If there's no K-Mart near you, I got practically the exact same poster at Wal*Mart. I don't know how long they carry posters but it's worth a look; it's a pretty awesome poster.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was thinking about Wal*Mart but wasn't sure if they still had posters. I might check it out at a 24 hour one tonight after midnight, hoping to dodge most of the holiday madness. My walls need more Sonic love. I've got art from conventions of other video games and anime, but I've only got 2 smaller pieces of Sonic art I bought from Otakon this year, and a Sonic Unleashed poster that Best Buy had on one of it's endcaps of the Werehog and Sonic in Chunan (split by night and day obviously), so this would be perfect. Thanks for the tip. There should be more Sonic stuff at places that aren't Hot Topic.

7. I don't remember seeing Sonic posters at my Wal-Mart, but I do remember seeing a LOT of gaming posters at FYE, they also carry Sonic toys, shirts, and housewares so they'd definitely have posters.

8. SEGAMew

SEGAMew

The Obsessive One Member
    Cosmic Interstate
    Eddie Lebron's Sonic FanFilm Concept Art
    I found that particular Sonic Colors poster being sold in F.Y.E., Toys R Us, and Michaels (yes, that arts and craft store).
    If a store sells Justin Bieber posters, there's a 50% chance it carries the Sonic Colors poster from what I experienced so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.