Sonic Crackers on Ebay

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Skaarg, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kushami

Kushami

Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=409720:date=Feb 12 2010, 10:11 PM:name=MarkeyJester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkeyJester @ Feb 12 2010, 10:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=409720">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->True, however it can be a nuisance in cases such as here. Insted of giving a discription about the actual proto he/she has possesion of, and detailing that, he/she decided to present a link to the discription of a proto we already have and that we know well. I donno about you but this is basically what causes confusion and distrust.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Okay. If he didn't write a little bit of a description and didn't put any pictures up, then that's a problem.

2. Sploit

Sploit

Ok...here are pictures, one of the front side of the cart and one of the back...Don't wanna peel up stickers as they are probably there to protect the chips, meaning they probably are eproms, I just can't tell if I can feel the hole in the center of each chip, as the stickers are on tight.

Front...

[​IMG]

Back...

[​IMG]

P.S. If you want footage of the cart being played on my system...let me know...

If you want photos or footage of the other cartridge (Which is a variation of the Pengo arcade game, though its aimed at being 2 player and isn't much like the arcade original...never played any version aside from the arcade one).

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

A green crystal Member
    They said, better pictures, these are worse than the ones we had XD

Anyway did you notice any difference when playing?

4. Sploit

Sploit

Sorry I am tryin to learn how to use my camera...its a great camera, I am just rubbish at using it lol :specialed:

Erm...no I haven't noticed any differences, aside from the fact that its mroe glithcy than playing it on on emulator...I have to hold the start button to skip the SEGA logo screen or else it just crashes...the guy who auctioned it did mention that...HOWEVER, he failed to mention that it also does this at the title screen too, meaning you have to be quick and let go of start then press it again to play...or let go of start quickly move down the the two player option then play...OR let go of start then quickly press down to the level select option then press start again to get to the level select menu, then let go of it and quickly try and press whatever you need to to select a level and then press start again... it can be a hassle at times...but I have played the regular single player option, the two player option, and I have acessed the other level and field level via the level select thing...

I can't seem to get through the menus quick enough to select the different palette swaps of the main level...I've played the default palette and one other, the other was accessed through the level select menu via the hold start let go, press buttons press start procedure, which all has to be done very fast, so it ends up more like directional button mashing and I selected the alternate palette liek that, but the other two palette swaps I can't seem to access as it crashes before I get chance...

Despite the bugginess of the cart, I'm still chuffed I won itand its fun thign to play and have...

Also, as a bonus, my girlfriend loves the Pengo cart, we had a laugh on it and its something we can enjoy together :)

5. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    If you guys read my post on the beginning it's the same 1ST ROM that we have.

Stop asking.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

A green crystal Member
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you guys read my post on the beginning it's the same 1ST ROM that we have.

Stop asking.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seemed to be, you don't have proof of that. Also, checking doesn't hurt and keep him entretained =P.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    <!--quoteo(post=411717:date=Feb 16 2010, 08:51 PM:name=Sploit)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sploit @ Feb 16 2010, 08:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=411717">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you want [...] footage of the other cartridge (Which is a variation of the Pengo arcade game, though its aimed at being 2 player and isn't much like the arcade original...never played any version aside from the arcade one).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just go <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtYkqMTniM" target="_blank">here</a> or <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQuMGeBxl4Q" target="_blank">here</a>.

8. Sploit

Sploit

Actually the Pengo cart is a bit different to that...no intro sequence, different title screen, only has ice themed levels, graphics seem to be slightly different...the one I have just loops through five ice levels I think... :psyduck:

9. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Can you dump it? I'm pretty sure someone here could loan you a Super Magic Drive...

10. Sploit

Sploit

Yeah...if that can be arranged then why not :)

Might be worth checking if it hasn't already been dumped though...

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    <a href="http://www.retrode.org/wordpress/" target="_blank">http://www.retrode.org/wordpress/</a> - this might be of interest to you, when it finally comes out.

Fuck, I know I'm getting one.

12. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    It'll be the same crackers build. A certain person at Sega decided to whack out a load of copies and then sell them, so the story goes. He made a pretty penny ;)

13. Sploit

Sploit

They weren't asking for crackers, they know its the same, they were asking for the Pengo cart to be dumped... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.