don't click here

Sonic Construct Worlds

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Candescence, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Already tried that, it was the straight port from the MMF2 version. And I eventually realised that was too much of a hassle. I've gotten far, far more progress with this than any other attempt, and I ain't stopping now.

2. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Thanks for the tutorial links, man. They really help. Wasn't hard at all to fix what was bork. And now I know how to animate stuff.

Annoyingly, it seems the one downside to using Custom movement, is that the default Platform movement has built-in support for moving platforms, but Custom movement does not. This is of course the problem you are experiencing. I guess you have to find out how to replicate the built-in behavior.

MMF2, from what I remember, was a lot easier to make animations and events in for me. Construct seems a bit more complicated, but not impossible to learn. While viewing the event sheets in the tutorials though, it seemed like it loved to crash.

Also, I think to fix the whole "shield sprites staying in the air when you lose it/already have one" issue could be solved with a simple destroy event, but of course you'd have to add triggers/variables for replacing the current shield you have if you already have one, or something. Still new to this, so I'm probably spouting off useless drivel.