Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle rules! Member
    GA
    <!--quoteo(post=471795:date=Jun 24 2010, 05:23 PM:name=PC2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PC2 @ Jun 24 2010, 05:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471795">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The boss also looks really cool. I can't wait to see what they've come up with in the other battles. On a related note, it kind of reminds me of this for some reason:

[​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh man, I never thought I'd see that again, unless I was for some reason digging through old work. I definitely see a resemblance, lol.

Also, I wasn't aware that you can unlock Wisp colors to use in earlier stages. That's badass.

EDIT: Oh, <a href="http://www.tssznews.com/2010/06/24/sonic-colors-nintendo-accion-preview-affirms-amy-quick-steps/" target="_blank">Amy's involved in the story</a>.

2. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Better Amy than Knuckles the "What Master Emerald?" Echidna. :eng101:

3. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

Now with twice the sprites. Member
    North Carolina
    STILL trying to get these damn spam bots off the Open Sonic forum.
    These videos prove that the Wii's limitations aren't an excuse for bad graphics, I know that for sure now. This is already looking a lot better to me than the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed.

4. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    <!--quoteo(post=471834:date=Jun 24 2010, 08:02 PM:name=Frozen Nitrogen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frozen Nitrogen @ Jun 24 2010, 08:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471834">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Better Amy than Knuckles the "What Master Emerald?" Echidna. :eng101:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

While normally I might disagree, I guess I should only be in favor of shoehorning Knuckles into the plot if he's going to be playable. It seemed like there was no point in having him in Rush, for instance.

5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well, like it or not, Amy's "stalker" motivation ensures that she literally always has an excuse to be in any Sonic game, so we'll probably be seeing a lot of her. Here's hoping she's used relatively well, as in Unleashed (somewhat).

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Unleashed did Amy well. She was stalking Sonic, but hardly relevant to anything else in the story. After two cutscenes she just stuck with Prof Pickle. Putting Knuckles in there would have been kinda crappy. According to translations of that new article, Tails and Amy are kidnapped in Colours, which is again something that would be crap for Knuckles (bar Chronicles, where is made sense).

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    One day I'd like to play a video game without a "save your kidnapped friend/princess/etc" plotline. Just once.

Although, if they're riffing on Sonic CD, it makes sense that saving Amy is part of the plot.

8. I was hoping they'd make the next Sonic game like unleashed and make it really interactive with the speed boosts and everything, hands down no matter who you are you have to admit the daytime levels in that game were stunning. I might get this for my DS since I have a DS lol, but I don't even own a wii so this release is going to be very lackluster for me, add in the fact that he gains powers from little flying aliens? come on now, Lol that's a DS platform at best.

9. So because you only have a DS that means that the game should only come out on the DS? Nope. :colbert:

10. OldVikingSchool

OldVikingSchool

Came home from USA and E3, tried out Sonic Colors and Sonic 4. What I can say... SEGA HAVE DONE IT RIGHT!

Sonic Colors is pretty much Unleashed daystages only with even better 2d action. Cool visuals, great controls and sweet sound (The guy before me asked for headphones because of the loudness besides the television. Got the headphones too :D )

The powerup system adds up some extras in the game. To reach hidden areas and for running in mach speed.

And for Sonic 4. I felt like 7 years old again playing Sonic the Hedgehog for the first time. Good job SEGA.
    I've missed you...

11. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
    Would you be able to provide an expanded response on Sonic 4 in the S4 thread? For example, physics and level design.

12. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    This looks cute. Those wisps made me think of the flickies in Sonic 3D Blast / Flickies' Island.
    Not their appearance, but the story and concept behind it.
    I'll probably buy this. Let's hope it will be a neat little game.

13. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well, as I asked in a post which now for all intents and purposes no longer exists:

Anyone else liking the obvious Sonic CD overtones in this game? Chained planets, triangular soil, Amy Rose allegedly being kidnapped, possible Metal Sonic appearance...?

14. <!--quoteo(post=472740:date=Jun 27 2010, 09:39 AM:name=JackSkellinghog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JackSkellinghog @ Jun 27 2010, 09:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472740">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So because you only have a DS that means that the game should only come out on the DS? Nope. :colbert:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The game wouldn't even matter to me if I didn't have a DS since then I wouldn't be able to play it at all, so yeah it should only come out on DS for me :)

15. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    So exactly which familiar metallic foe is the chained planet in this game supposed to resemble? Eggbot?

16. I'm pretty sure that was a reference to the upper-right satellite in <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/File:Sonic_Colours_world_map.png" target="_blank">this picture</a>, which looks a little like Metal Sonic.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    <!--quoteo(post=473340:date=Jun 29 2010, 12:46 AM:name=K2J)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (K2J @ Jun 29 2010, 12:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=473340">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm pretty sure that was a reference to the upper-right satellite in <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/File:Sonic_Colours_world_map.png" target="_blank">this picture</a>, which looks a little like Metal Sonic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[​IMG]

Hi.

It may not resemble Metal Sonic, but it could just be another upgrade of Mecha Sonic, who looks vastly different in SA1 here from prior iterations. Notice the eyes look like green... lines, I guess, in the planetoid.

18. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    <!--quoteo(post=473396:date=Jun 29 2010, 10:14 AM:name=GeneHF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 29 2010, 10:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=473396">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=473340:date=Jun 29 2010, 12:46 AM:name=K2J)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (K2J @ Jun 29 2010, 12:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=473340">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm pretty sure that was a reference to the upper-right satellite in <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/File:Sonic_Colours_world_map.png" target="_blank">this picture</a>, which looks a little like Metal Sonic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[​IMG]

Hi.

It may not resemble Metal Sonic, but it could just be another upgrade of Mecha Sonic, who looks vastly different in SA1 here from prior iterations. Notice the eyes look like green... lines, I guess, in the planetoid.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->I thought about that too, but maybe it's just the way the planetoid looks. The spherical shape reminds me a lot of a "classic" Sonic head.

That or Sega has a very good sense of humor. =P

19. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

Now with twice the sprites. Member
    North Carolina
    STILL trying to get these damn spam bots off the Open Sonic forum.
    Man, seeing the Metal/Mecha Sonic head planet kind of makes me wonder... will we see another race between Sonic and Metal Sonic in this game? Because if they actually have this in the game, it could get pretty interesting since the 3d sections are so speed-oriented.

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    If they do, let's hope it doesn't suck like it did in Sonic CD. Before I played it I saw the ending video. Biggest troll ever. :argh: