don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Actually I was under the impression that the Wii version's received more positive reception than the DS version, but y'know, maybe I'm just not paying attention.

For the record, the DS version is obviously the "throwaway" version in the sense that it's taking them the least effort to make. I'll be much mistaken if they've even altered the game engine in any way, and since that engine shows itself to be made of absolute fail when applied to much of anything but boosty-boosty-speedy-speed, I wouldn't expect much more than boosty-boosty-speedy-speed.

2. It looks like you can activate boost in the air now. And (obviously) there's now homing attack crosshairs.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's all because this game is trying to be more like Unleashed/Colours than just another installment in the Rush series. It has the stomp, wall jump, air boost and the expanded homing attack. It's still Rush at heart, but will probably play much more differently to it than Rush Adventure.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I just realized something. this is the first time sonic has gone multiplatform with the same game on a handheld. I don't really count sonic unleashed for cell phone those are different all together.

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Sonic 1 Game Gear anyone?

6. Those games were VASTLY different.

7. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I'm almost certain he means Sonic 1 SMS to Sonic 1 GG, which had very few differences. Sonic 2 SMS to Sonic 2 GG had even fewer.

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    And Sonic Colors Wii vs Sonic Colors DS isn't? :specialed:

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Colours DS and Colours Wii even have different stories. They're going to be as similar as Unleashed 360 and Unleashed iPhone.

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I don't think they'll be THAT different. After all, both Colors DS AND Wii exist, unlike Unleashed 360 and iPhone.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

A mobile version of Unleashed does exist. I meant that, not iPhone so specifically. It's got the same name and concepts, but after that everything is different. Colours DS is more or less like that.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Fine...I'll throw a wrench into your logic then.

This is the first time modern sonic has has gone multiplatform with the same game on a handheld console. Like I said, I still don't count the cell phone or iphone versions because they never expanded outside those relms. (wished they did though they did look like great games.)

Main storyline (Post Sonic R):
    Sa1 > Sa2 > Heroes > Shadow > 2006 > Unleashed > Colors

Handheld storyline:
    Sadv1 > Sadv2 > Battle > Sadv3 > Rush > Rush Adventure > Colors

Storybook Storyline:
    Secret Rings > Black Knight

Side Storys - Console:
    Shuffle > Riders > Zero Gravity > Free Riders

Side Storys - Handheld:
    Rivals > Rivals 2 > Chronicles

I'd bet creating a complete storyline from sonic 1 to sonic colors would be a nightmare.

13. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Sonic 1 -> Sonic 2 -> Sonic CD (those two are interchangable) -> Sonic Unleashed

Sonic 06 ending undid everything that required seven Chaos Emeralds for the plot. Why do you think the only characters in Unleashed were Sonic, Tails, and Amy?

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Because SEGA was finally starting to listen to all the people complaining about sixty billion unnecessary characters, they'd just forgotten that not including mediocre alternate gameplay styles was actually a big reason for all that complaining.

15. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    But then what would we make of Sonic 4? :psyduck:

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    This video has boss footage.

Ugh, a D rank? He seemed to take care of that boss pretty quickly.

For the record I'm fucking sick of ranks. Totals screen is fine, let the game save your high scores and ring totals and shit for you to come back and beat later, but it was annoying in Unleashed that you'd finish a level and instead of being happy that he could continue his adventure to put the goddamn planet back together, Sonic went into a fit of self loathing if you didn't get him to the end fast enough or with enough rings. Yeah, that's heroic. "I just fought my way through a whole pack o' robots and Eggman's traps, but I sure did a terrible job." My fucking hero.

Sorry, it just pissed me off that even if you reached the end without dying or losing your rings, you'd still probably get a C rank or so if you didn't BOOSTBOOSTBOOST the whole way through and hit every rainbow ring.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    More incentive to improve or just not suck. Not like the ranks really mattered outside of one achievement.

That, and the E Rank music. When I got that on Shamar Day the first time, I cracked up.

18. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Actually, if you pay attention at the end of the stage before Sonic enters the boss act, it showed Sonic having a D Rank based off the score he had for the level but once it accounted his play time it quickly jumped up to an A Rank.

The same thing probably would have happened for the boss battle too but the video got cut off too early. Besides, it seems absurd that you'd have to beat the boss faster than THAT and only getting a D Rank.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, the game actually has an interactive ranking screen. While the total is being added up, you can run around a bit to score more point and a few 1-ups.

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Do I see loop physics with NO boost pads? In my 3D Sonic game? WAAAAAAAAT