don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Straight-up racing. It's the Wii that's got the Leaderboard shlock.

2. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    At least it even has Leaderboards, unlike that other game. :argh:

I finished collecting the Red Rings in fairly short order—and I do confess, I used guides for couple out of sheer impatience, but it was a fun little trinket-hunt. + - Super Sonic is nice, but not as awesome as in Sonic 4. He doesn't look as cool and I was hoping for more impressive jump height. Also, why can't he double-jump?  

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Wow, Asteroid Coaster is kicking my ass. Definitely the "no more play" zone.

4. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I kinda wish the 2D sections gave you a little more control.

It feels weird not crouching.

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    You can crouch if you hold the X button (Gamecube Controller. No idea bout the others)

6. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Hit the slide button (depending on your control scheme) while standing still to crouch.

7. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Yeah, but that's holding X to crouch.

8. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member

Oh great, now I just have to play that boss and hang around and wait for him to decide to do them

also > + - dose anyone know what happens if you don't take advantage of the final colour strike? do you just have to do it all over again, or do you just outright loose?  

9. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    After my Classic Controller's analogue stick decided to stop going right, I switched to Wiimote only.

It's been the best decision of my entire experience with the game. The game is SO much easier to control, and SO much more fluid. EVEN, no ESPECIALLY the Frenzy wisp in 3D. You can actually STEER IT!

And the last boss, which was frustrating as hell with the classic controller, became easier and a whole lot more fun for me too! I don't know why, but I enjoy this game best with the Wiimote by itself for the most part.

Only annoying thing is how hard you have to shake the Wiimote to use color powers. I haven't tried a GCN controller yet, because I fucking lost mine and I have no clue where I can find it. (No clue why someone unplugged it from the Wii, anyways).

10. corneliab

corneliab

I wish some stages would just give you a shitton of rings at the beginning. I love me some Super Sonic, but it's kind of a buzzkill when you only get enough rings late into the stage.

Also, it's always funny trying to flounder through a Super Mario World-style platform stage as SS.

EDIT: Someone needs to be a bro and upload a vid of the final boss' "rare" attacks.

11. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    While I have a College Class tonight I am thinking about trying though as said I've only seen him use one of these once and I get the feeling this might be really time consuming.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Man. I hate to seem like a loser but + - would it have killed them to put a checkpoint in Terminal Velocity Act 1? I'm not even sure there is one in the stage. I keep dieing due to the Interceptor-styled Snail/Slug robot, I've probably lost about 10+ lives, and eeerrrrghghghghghgh. At least it's a pretty fantastic stage visually, I mean damn.  

EDIT: + - Oh, so that's the last part of the stage. Yay for my 0 points and 13:58:95 record!   :specialed:

13. Tylinos

Tylinos

I hated that thing too, but it got less painful when I + - just used the boost through the first section while dodging his lasers, and then when the motobugs joined him I went off to one side and just jumped his attacks. I didn't even have to worry about the motobugs; They never hit me as long as I stayed out of the middle, because his punches destroy them. It even gave me an S Rank on my first (successful) go for it.  

Also, hitting restart after every death in that stage helps for time points, since it doesn't count against you, and takes only about two seconds each time.

14. glem3

glem3

Okay, about Astroid coaster... I guess what I'm saying is I would've liked the game to NOT have a "giant gap zone". The level isn't necessarily littered with cheap deaths, but a large portion of the level is over a giant bottomless pit. The best part about colors was that it was eliminating the endless pits that were there not for design, but for convenience. For example, in tropical resort, are you constantly surrounded by a bottomless pit? No, you're not, and because of that they can add pitfalls when they want to make it part of the level design.

Starlight Carnival is almost like astroid coaster but better executed, as far as the 3D areas go. I can't distinguish astroid coaster's design from something like rail canyon from heroes, it's all just a bunch of endless pits and then some ground for platforming. The design isn't fun and I just don't have fun playing astroid coaster, it single handedly stops the game from being what it could be. It doesn't "ruin" the game, but it definitely stops it from reaching that level of greatness it could be at.

15. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

I first want to say I respect your opinion, but I just wanted to comment I found it funny that Starlight Carnival is my least favorite stage in the game (for reasons including automation and the only parts I really enjoyed about it was some of the Hover and Spike sections, the music is also my least favorite in the game so that might be part of it) but Asteroid Coaster is among my favorites. Continue on as you were.

16. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    Finished the story, still need the red rings and S-ranks. Love it.

I only ever had one cheap death that I felt was cheap and not entirely my fault - at one point in Asteroid Coaster it launches you at a spring you have to home in on. I thought I would hit it without homing attacking, only to be sorely disappointed. :v:

That said, the + - Nega-Wisp machine cutscene   elicited an emotional response from me as well, as well as the one at the start of Terminal Velocity's boss stage + - where Sonic forces Tails into the space elevator to keep him safe.  

17. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Oh, why, thank you. I forgot this one. THIS is the cheap death that I encountered in Asteroid Coaster. The same thing happenned to me. :(

18. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    That's the same asteroid that gives you like 3 frames to push the button or it ignores that you tried to HA it.

19. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Random thing, but Crazy Taxi reference! Eggman in Asteroid Coaster says something about a yellow car with the license plate 1NOM155, which is Axel's license plate from Crazy Taxi.

20. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    Shit, really? I never had any trouble with it once I figured it out. :psyduck: