don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Steven M

Steven M

Geez, there's a thought. In Unleashed he built the Eggmanland he was always boasting about; in Colors it's the Interstellar Amusement Park. How the hell is he going to top that one off?

2. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Hey, + - just like with me and Chip! Unleashed's ending was actually bittersweet.  

The voices are great. All of them. Shadow, Knuckles, and Rouge sound a little better than in Free Riders, along with Amy. Pretty interesting. I think I'll end up getting both games after all. Maybe I'll even beat the DS version first and then the Wii version. Yeah, I think I'll go that route.

Building Robotropolis on Earth and roboticizing everything?

Do so with the Time Stones from Little Planet?

3. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    I will admit, + - the scene where Sonic finds the Wisp converter turning Wisp into Nega Wisps it actually pulled some honest emotion from me too. Partly the way Higgins pulled Tails voice was perfect and raised my worry for Yacker as well. Also Yacker is so god damn adorable, he doesn't do much but I liked him. The thing with the Wisps where Eggman is basically sucking the life out of them to power-up his schemes was pulled off wonderfully and it like a dark truth hidden in a colorful game.  

4. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    So it's exactly like the animals in the classics. :specialed:

If a Sonic Colors 2 occurs, they'll very likely go where the feedback directs them, and the feedback will inevitably direct them to doing what the Wii version did in terms of characters, since the prevailing opinion is more characters = bad. That opinion doesn't always come from a logical analysis of why those characters are bad, but still...

5. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

For anyone interesting, I'm streaming the E.G.G. Shuttle right now so you can enjoy my + - horrible   run! + - Expect bad quality due to my computer.  

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Let me guess: you need all the red rings to enter the 7th Special Stage in the DS version. I even beat the final boss with around 95 rings thinking "Oh, maybe it'll ask me if I want to go to Special Stage 7 after I'm finished with Terminal Velocity." Nope.

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Look on the bright side: at least it's not like the "special rings" from Sonic Advance 2.

8. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    You know what just hit me? Long the bane of the Sonic series since it went 3D, the camera in Sonic Colors is actually more than competent. Nitpickers might complain it's too pulled out in some sections, but such criticism is a far cry away from the claims of outright brokenness the series once endured. The camera wasn't a problem in unleashed's day stages, but it was in a few night areas. This game finally got it right - the camera is GOOD. And, oddly enough, it's one of the only 3D sonic games were you have zero control over it.

9. serpx

serpx

Of course the camera seems good. How often do you fiddle with it, compared to how often you fiddled with it in the Adventure series?

10. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

The camera was also good in Unleashed, so it's not exactly new.

11. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I was wondering that too. I'm pretty sure people already know this, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway. I hope that means the DS version gets some sweet + - Super Sonic in stages   action too.

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie

13. Conando

Conando

Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    It appears to be going along with what was established in the Rush games.

+ - Sonic asks her how Marine is doing.  

14. Retroman

Retroman

Ugh, got this game. So far it was fun for about 15 minutes, then it got pretty boring and frustrating at the end when I was in the starlight zone on act 4-5-whatever one with the yellow springs following you and whatnot.

First, the music sucks so much, It's sooo cheesy... This is like an 8 year olds game, not a 11 or 12 year old game.

The controls were pretty nice and responsive for me (Depends on how further you are away from the TV)... I just hated the way Sonic Games are made now-adays despite the old badniks, Super Sonic in Colours etc. Sonic Team only cater to young kids for easy money, and they make Sonic look shit... I played it on the wii, and my older bro played too but he didn't like the 2D sections and he wanted to spindash. I give up, Sonic can only be done properly by fans, not Sonic Team/Dimps/Whatever and the classic retro-sonic games are the best and truest forms! I mean, It's like changing a Star Fox Game from shooting in an arwing to going to wherever, shooting with Fox in 3D, platforming, puzzles and stuff. It may work for a game like that, but It doesn't work for Sonic.

Meh I need to get a life...

15. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Man, I have to wait until the 16th still. Probably 17th since 16th is the release date and most likely not the street date.

Also, I did get a new screenshot from Asteroid Coaster!
    [​IMG]
    + - Actually, this is obviously Gmod. I did get the idea to do this from Asteroid Coaster though, and I think it's pretty funny. You can blame Sonic Heroes too.  

16. Conando

Conando

Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    You can get it on the 16th, but I don't know about retail stores. Amazon is offering release date shipping.

17. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I respect your right to have a stupid opinion, but—oh, fuck it, everyone in the room knows how this glib sentence ends.

By the way, since when do eight-year-olds listen to music like Planet Wisp, Aquarium Park, or Terminal Velocity?

18. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's trolling, rather than clinically retarded.

What's Silver's excuse for being in the DS version, anyway? And - more relevantly for our Rush continuity vs. '06 continuity considerations - does he already know Blaze?

19. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Well either way, if eight-year-olds listen to this kind of music, eight-year-olds have gotten a lot more badass since last I was eight.

He fell out of a plothole. There were a lot of those in Sonic '06.

20. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    what version of sweet mountain are you listening to :colbert: