don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I just wanted to say that I love how + - the music changes from sinister to beautiful as the final boss fight goes on   . So fucking good.

2. Tanks

Tanks

So here's your full 2sf rip of Sonic Colors. There's not tagging since I haven't played it as of yet. This contains the all the music including the wifi vs. multiplayer music. It also, strangely, has several voice clips from characters I had no idea were in Sonic Colors to begin with...

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
  4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Awesome sauce. Thank you!

5. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    You mean like in Sonic 3?

As long as he isn't pulling a Cream and taking other characters' abilities. I thought everyone meant he could "swim" now, and not just that he could go in water (like the first Adventure) instead of pointlessly dieing in it.

He's still turning into a Mary Sue quicker with every game he appears in... Seeing him have some form of flaw again (Pride is a good one) would make the character more interesting again.

6. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    If you're playing Sonic games for the well-crafted characters, you're doing it wrong. Read the comics or watch the shows if you want any kind of tangible character development.

7. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Nononono, he can double jump indefinitely underwater.

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Fucking rolleyes.gif. This isn't a novel, it's a game. Added functionality in gameplay and character development can- and should- remain discrete.

9. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
  10. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    The Adventure games did a damn good job of a good story and character personalities, or at least a better job than most Sonic games. This stuff is important to some of us. Just because it's a video game doesn't mean story = unimportant. Getting the game right is important, too, but it's not illegal for someone to care about a well-rounded story.

This is why I don't follow these fucking threads anymore, all anyone ever does is jump on someone's case for things like this. Why do you all act like it's such a bad thing if someone would like a well-rounded story with believable characters that's involving? Video games do it all the time.

11. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's not that you want a good story, it's that you're putting story OVER gameplay, which really absolutely should never happen in a game.

12. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

How are any of these spoilers? They aren't story related at all, and only say 1 line before you never see them again. It's just for the small scenes before you do side missions.

13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

The fact that someone is somewhere in the game is a spoiler for some people who don't want to know that and may like the surprise.

And forgot two:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3660/77964400.png
    http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5878/97916575.png

14. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    No they didn't. No Sonic game has. Every attempt to force an intricate storyline or "deep" characters into Sonic games has failed miserably, and I for one am incredibly thankful that Colors goes in a completely different direction with the story than previous games (excluding Unleashed for the most part).

15. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Yes it's good to have a good story in a game, because I myself am slightly disappointed with how the majority to Color's story is random fodder and little to no story progression. But in no way does that mean that the game is "worse than the Adventure series" because there isn't character development. The game was meant to be a fantastic game, and thus it has served it's purpose.

The point is that if storyline is first for you in a Sonic game, then the point behind getting a Sonic game isn't so great. That's why reading comics or watching cartoons serves the purpose much better.

+ - Besides, I don't think you've seen all the cutscenes to the game either if you think Sonic isn't flawed. He's INCREDIBLY big headed and, while not defeatable in the least, has many faults. Also Sonic and Tails' relationship in this game is just about perfect and centered around a strong brotherly bond.  

This too, all the way; even though the storyline style could definitely use more depth and a driving feel of progression. Otherwise this comical turn is for the best, and it reminds me of AoSTH. You know, with Sonic saying so-bad-it's-great lines with an additional spice of cockiness, Tails and Sonic being such close best buds, Robotnik being a silly buffoon (although still really threatening), and the wacky slapstick henchmen.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  17. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Believe so, thanks! I just got them from Woun, I haven't played the DS version. XD;

18. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    + - Apparently, Big, bemoaning his lack of Froggy.  

19. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.

Blue Hedgehog who can run super fast. Believable characters.

What.

Video games do it all the time - no they don't. Video game storytelling is -rarely- anything beyond passable in the grand scheme of things, and you don't exactly see Mario, Link, Spyro, Crash, Donkey Kong, etc, etc, getting super fleshed out, dramatic stories. This is the best Sonic's been in over ten years.

20. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I've seen there's an art gallery in the DS version. Is there one in the Wii version?
    Also, can somebody please rip these arts?