Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    <!--quoteo(post=509829:date=Sep 23 2010, 07:20 PM:name=Solaris Paradox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solaris Paradox @ Sep 23 2010, 07:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509829">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=509823:date=Sep 23 2010, 09:52 PM:name=Dusk Golem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dusk Golem @ Sep 23 2010, 09:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509823">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have to wonder what unlockables or secrets Sonic Colors is hiding. They mentioned earlier in an interview the game has many easy eggs but they weren't going to give hints, but consider this.

Sonic Colors keeps track of how many Red Rings and how man S-Ranks you obtain. Red Rings unlock stages in the Sonic Simulator, we know that, but then even in the Sonic Simulator there are things to collect. Then what does getting S-Ranks count towards, why does it count how many S-Ranks you have with a total? Sonic Colors, what secrets are you hiding!?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Slapping a counter on something doesn't automatically mean you'll be unlocking anything by getting them all.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, but we already know collecting Red Rings unlocks something and the Red Ring count and S-Rank count are right next to each other. Just thinking really...

And no, I played to double check, Sonic Unleashed did not keep track of how many S-Ranks you had in the 360/PS3 version at least. It did keep track of how many sun and moon medals you had though. Which unlocked stuff. Just saying.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
    If Tails is unlockable, that'd make my day

3. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    <!--quoteo(post=509871:date=Sep 23 2010, 09:55 PM:name=Sparks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparks @ Sep 23 2010, 09:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509871">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If Tails is unlockable, that'd make my day<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    At this rate, I'm inclined to doubt that fully. Sorry, but I don't think anyone besides Sonic is playable in this game at all, even Tails, even if it were an unlockable for getting all S ranks.

Besides, a reward like that for all that work? I doubt Sega would do that, an extra playable character is silly if it's just a slightly different playstyle. Fans of Super Sonic would be pissed if instead of getting a fully playable Super Sonic for all that effort, they just got to play as Tails. Sure, Hyper Sonic was a reward for getting all the Hyper Emeralds in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but that form had benefits even Super Sonic did not.

Although, arguably, if it DID happen, I'd feel as annoyed as I did after unlocking Luigi in Galaxy 1. Seriously, I'd hope in THIS instance, this game wouldn't follow in Galaxy's footsteps (I'm not implying it has been, but I'm just saying in this regard I hope it doesn't).

4. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Hrmm...I don't believe this has been posted?
    <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/705129.html" target="_blank">Sonic Colors - New Settings & Features Interview</a>
    One fun note is that they have the HUD off, but that doesn't stop the Wisp drain effect on the invisible bottom left bar to disappear.

5. <!--quoteo(post=509929:date=Sep 24 2010, 03:12 AM:name=Sonicandtails)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonicandtails @ Sep 24 2010, 03:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509929">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hrmm...I don't believe this has been posted?
    <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/705129.html" target="_blank">Sonic Colors - New Settings & Features Interview</a>
    One fun note is that they have the HUD off, but that doesn't stop the Wisp drain effect on the invisible bottom left bar to disappear.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, that pretty much kills all of what little remaining hope of a playable Tails there was.

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Emerald Dragoon Moderator
    Hampton, VA
    The S Factor: Sonia and Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=509679:date=Sep 23 2010, 03:52 PM:name=Dusk Golem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dusk Golem @ Sep 23 2010, 03:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509679">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Here are all the confirmed Sonic Simulator Sonic's as of now:
    -Blue
    -Red
    -Green
    -Pink
    -Black

There are likely more, but all that's confirmed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    WHERE? I don't recall these two.

7. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
    Those who want Super Sonic in levels will probably be disappointed. The only time Super Sonic has been playable (with the exception of Sonic 4) is in the traditional final boss involving a giant monster.

8. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    <!--quoteo(post=509941:date=Sep 24 2010, 02:50 AM:name=Aquaslash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aquaslash @ Sep 24 2010, 02:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509941">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=509679:date=Sep 23 2010, 03:52 PM:name=Dusk Golem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dusk Golem @ Sep 23 2010, 03:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509679">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Here are all the confirmed Sonic Simulator Sonic's as of now:
    -Blue
    -Red
    -Green
    -Pink
    -Black

There are likely more, but all that's confirmed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    WHERE? I don't recall these two.
    At least black has been confirmed by the English producer of the game, whom I talked to at PAX. I think he might have said green too, but I'm not sure. Maybe they assume that because there's a green Sonic on the arcade machine of the Sonic Simulator, that confirms green is playable.

Also, SOTI, has that been confirmed for this game? You've actually seen the game from beginning to end, with everything unlocked? If not, then just because they haven't done it before does not mean they will not (I mean now that they got Super Sonic working in Sonic 4, they have no excuse not to include him in a 3D game- unless the 3D segments of the Colors levels somehow screws Super Sonic up).

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    <!--quoteo(post=509869:date=Sep 24 2010, 12:51 AM:name=Dusk Golem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dusk Golem @ Sep 24 2010, 12:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509869">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And no, I played to double check, Sonic Unleashed did not keep track of how many S-Ranks you had in the 360/PS3 version at least. It did keep track of how many sun and moon medals you had though. Which unlocked stuff. Just saying.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Only the first 120 of each type unlocked anything. Actually collecting them all got you jack shit.

10. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    <!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vHGbEAh4Ws&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vHGbEAh4Ws&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

This is looking sexier and sexier guys...

11. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    They're running out of time to fuck this game up.

12. Mainman

Mainman

Dancing to some sort of Apocalyptic Rave Member
    Scotland
    'Sonic the Comic' research & documentation
    The same SEGA blog post which debuted the above trailer had another set of 'facts' for us:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->• Contrary to the E3 build some of you may have played, getting S-ranks are TOUGH. You'll need to maximise your grabbing of bonuses whilst still maintaining your speed and maximising your ring count in order to gain them.

• Yacker doesn't have a voice as such, but makes an audible chittering noise. He's also big on body language communication – think Sonic: Night of the Werehog.

• Since you guys love the Tails facts so much… FOXY FACT: Tails is more interested in inventing than Sonic's heroics.

• Sometimes bad situations can lead to good discoveries!

• You CAN skip cutscenes – press + on the wiimote.

• Dr. Eggman ALSO has something of a 4th wall breaking moment.

• The Wisps have a rather rude nickname for Dr. Eggman!

That's all for now, oh wait… one bonus item for you to deduce.

Sept 19th > Cowboys.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Unlockable 'Pirate' voice for Cubot confirmed(?)</span>

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle Rules Member
    <!--quoteo(post=509986:date=Sep 24 2010, 11:20 AM:name=Max Firestorm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max Firestorm @ Sep 24 2010, 11:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509986">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vHGbEAh4Ws&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vHGbEAh4Ws&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

This is looking sexier and sexier guys...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

HOOOLYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Hey, September 19th already happened. Unless it was a typo, and they mean the 29th. Do we get to see more of Cubot on the 29th? I'm utterly confused.

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    WV
    ...why do I always have to be in school when this stuff comes out ffff

What's that thing about September 19th > Cowboys mean though? Something with Cubot?

15. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Since you guys love the Tails facts so much… FOXY FACT: Tails is more interested in inventing than Sonic's heroics.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:argh:

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Oh, you troll, you...</span>

16. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->• Since you guys love the Tails facts so much… FOXY FACT: Tails is more interested in inventing than Sonic's heroics.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Tails = Tool confirmed.

17. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    I shall state what I already said in the comments area on TSS:

That foxy fact is the first one I can not get behind. Tails was made out to always view Sonic as his hero and role model, wanting to be like him. Sure, he tried to prove he can do things himself in Adventure 1 and I guess 2, but caring more about inventing than Sonic's heroics? That's bs.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    <!--quoteo(post=509995:date=Sep 24 2010, 07:51 AM:name=Solaris Paradox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solaris Paradox @ Sep 24 2010, 07:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509995">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Since you guys love the Tails facts so much… FOXY FACT: Tails is more interested in inventing than Sonic's heroics.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:argh:

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Oh, you troll, you...</span>
    Honestly I'd rather see Tails act like that than Sonic's blind follower anyway. Gives him more of a personality

19. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Heee, I like this Eggman quote.

"I know I say this every time but really, this time nothing will stop me!" - Dr. Eggman

20. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Misfit
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    <!--quoteo(post=509996:date=Sep 24 2010, 10:53 AM:name=Cyrus Parker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cyrus Parker @ Sep 24 2010, 10:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=509996">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->• Since you guys love the Tails facts so much… FOXY FACT: Tails is more interested in inventing than Sonic's heroics.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Tails = Tool confirmed.
    And now I'm pissed.

Are they not going to even try to make Tails interesting here? Why is he the fucking Fixer Su, yet again? WHERE'S SONIC'S LITTLE BRO?

Ah man, that is something they are severely missing out on fixing to original interpretation. Tails needs to be a little brother again. He needs to be interesting dammit.

I just hope that's the only problem I'll have with the script. Here's hoping to Robotnik final boss. Then again, knowing the Madworld writers, that just might be the case. Still, those fox facts are really beginning to irk me because they keep on fucking up what's left of Tails' now cardboard personality.