don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Badnik

Badnik

<!--quoteo(post=505195:date=Sep 13 2010, 07:25 AM:name=Dusk Golem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dusk Golem @ Sep 13 2010, 07:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=505195">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->New scans of the manga from [email protected] on Stadium. Also OMG is the train thing that takes people up to the tower a reference to those snail robots from Sonic 3 and CD or is it just me?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Space elevators are cool :P
    Do you know what magazine those come from? I'll be near a few Japanese bookstores and I'd like to pick it up.

2. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    I honestly hope that the Sonic Colors manga means even more official Sonic manga are made eventually. I honestly think manga are usually more interesting than western comic books, but that's just me. Just the same, I prefer anime to cartoons (and thus my favorite Sonic cartoon is Sonic X, even with Cosmo and Chris there).

Also, the one thing I do wonder about is where and how the Chaos Emeralds will factor into this game. I hear there are special stages, but are they collected from them? Will there be Super Sonic playable in all levels, or not?

At least I'm very sure the game will be good, because hell, it was fun to play the demo at PAX.

3. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

The magazine is DS DENGENKI. It had an Unleashed, Black Knight a rumoured Chronicles and now Colours manga.

4. Anyone wanna translate that for me? I can't read Japanese.

5. Flare

Flare

I take it that this means the wisps don't speak English... or understandable language.

6. glem3

glem3

I'll translate! :specialed:

Panel 1:

Sonic: WOW WHAT A COOL ELEVATOR

Tails: Yeah pretty neat!

Caption: COOL ELEVATOR!!!

Panel 2:

Tails: Look I can see the Earth from here!

Sonic: No shit, it's space

... I'll let you do the rest.

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    <!--quoteo(post=505167:date=Sep 13 2010, 03:38 AM:name=NomadTW)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NomadTW @ Sep 13 2010, 03:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=505167">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh come on, the announcer is what makes this for me. I love how arcade-y it makes the game feel. :3c

That said, I'm sure there might be a voice over option or something in the sound menu. Wasn't that in Unleashed?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Black Knight had one, but not Unleashed.

8. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Hold on now, Announcer? I thought that was Sonic saying all that. [/slow]

9. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I must say, I absolutely love that manga.

I'm waiting to see what response this game gets when it comes out. I must admit, alongside this and several other games, a Wii is looking good right now.

10. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    <!--quoteo(post=505667:date=Sep 14 2010, 03:43 AM:name=Solaris Paradox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solaris Paradox @ Sep 14 2010, 03:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=505667">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=505167:date=Sep 13 2010, 03:38 AM:name=NomadTW)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NomadTW @ Sep 13 2010, 03:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=505167">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh come on, the announcer is what makes this for me. I love how arcade-y it makes the game feel. :3c

That said, I'm sure there might be a voice over option or something in the sound menu. Wasn't that in Unleashed?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then it's safer to assume that Colors could follow suit then? That would be nice, even if it's not a huge deal to me.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    <!--quoteo(post=505667:date=Sep 14 2010, 04:43 AM:name=Solaris Paradox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solaris Paradox @ Sep 14 2010, 04:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=505667">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=505167:date=Sep 13 2010, 03:38 AM:name=NomadTW)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NomadTW @ Sep 13 2010, 03:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=505167">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh come on, the announcer is what makes this for me. I love how arcade-y it makes the game feel. :3c

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I could've sworn I've changed the voice over option from English to Japanese and vice versa in Unleashed. Well, the 360 version anyways.

12. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    <!--quoteo(post=505681:date=Sep 14 2010, 06:01 AM:name=Mykonos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mykonos @ Sep 14 2010, 06:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=505681">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I could've sworn I've changed the voice over option from English to Japanese and vice versa in Unleashed. Well, the 360 version anyways.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not a language setting, an option to turn in-game dialogue off. Unleashed didn't have one, Black Knight did. Granted, Unleashed didn't have any in-game dialogue, just Sonic's grunts and a few tutorial textboxes.

13. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I love how the Power power-up links the two players like in Chaotix.

14. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I noticed that too, seems like a nice little reference.

15. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    The manga continues~ Still thanks to [email protected] on Sonic Stadium.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THE END. It looks like it could be amusing if how it plays out in cutscene form.

And a rough translation done by Core and texted by MarcelloF of Stadium too. Mind you it may not be 100% accurate but a good idea since part of translation is art rather than science.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

*really hopes someone has posted by the time he writes this all out*

<a href="http://spong.com/feature/10110209/Interview-Sonic-Colours-Producer-Takashi-Iizuka" target="_blank">http://spong.com/feature/10110209/Intervie...-Takashi-Iizuka</a>

New interview with Takashi Iizuka, and this one is very good. Key points to the interview:

-The stage we've seen Spike Sonic in is called, "Starlight Carnival". Apparently it is a lot like Stardust Speedway from Sonic CD meets Rainbow Road in Mario Kart.
    -Eggman has Starships in Starlight Carnival but Iizuka makes a point to say it's not as serious as it sounds and the whole level has chirpy music and a Disneyland-like setting with different themed starships and rides and such.
    -Spike Sonic can do the traditional spindash move also by holding B.
    -Wisp Powers were thought-up by thinking of how Sonic could reach areas he normally couldn't, which I guess naturally lead to putting some of his old powers into the Wisps as well as new ones. It sounds good to me personally.
    -Clearly states that if you look at the series it's always been about speed and platforming in equal measure and they wanted to accomplish that with this game and get balance.
    -Even though you can beat he stages normally without Wisps you need Wisp Powers to collect the Red Rings and were given to players who want to explore more and made stages that allowed exploration.
    -At least Iizuka is honest. He said the 'younger audience' line was used to capitalise on the younger audiences that had recently played Mario & Sonic and was not a mistranslation or misquote. Mario & Sonic was very successful and they can market on a new broader audience new to Sonic, which is why the term was used.
    -Part of the reason Sonic Colors is Wii and DS exclusive is because Sonic not only sells much on Nintendo Platforms but they noticed there's not really any mainstream Sonic games on the Wii.
    -The vision Iizuka has is the series direction is Sonic being more laid-back and fun as opposed to serious and dark.

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Not too bad, I really like the name Starlight Carnival for some reason.

Also, glad to see future games might be following Colors' style, or at least being similar to extents.

18. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    <!--quoteo(post=505727:date=Sep 14 2010, 10:13 AM:name=Dusk Golem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dusk Golem @ Sep 14 2010, 10:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=505727">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->-The vision Iizuka has is the series direction is Sonic being more laid-back and fun as opposed to serious and dark.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Probably the smartest decision he's made.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Rule of thumb, at least in design, is to keep your character's world and surroundings at about the same level as their attitude.

In otherwords, a laid back and aloof character does not go well in a grimdark world.

20. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Online co-op confirmed?

And several new videos, one of them shows an online option on the multiplayer menu. Might just be leaderboards though. Also shows clear footage and music, and some more in-game dialogue and a boss theme retrofied you might recognize.

<a href="http://www.gamekult.com/video/10382705/" target="_blank">http://www.gamekult.com/video/10382705/</a>
    <a href="http://www.gamekult.com/video/10382706/" target="_blank">http://www.gamekult.com/video/10382706/</a>
    <a href="http://www.gamekult.com/video/10382707/" target="_blank">http://www.gamekult.com/video/10382707/</a>

AND OMG TAILS VOICE. YOU CAN HEAR IT IN THE SWEET MOUNTAIN VIDEO.

Also Pink Sonic confirmed for multiplayer.