don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. glem3

glem3

Sorry, this isn't a problem?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    "LASER!"

"DRILL!"

"SPIKES!"

Yeah, suddenly the Homing target isn't that big a deal...

Additionally, "Mario ripoff" or not, it beats the hell out of yet another Zelda "resemblance."

3. Oh who cares. It's not like Sonic's the most original franchise in the world. They've stolen ideas from Dragon Ball Z plenty of times.

4. I have to agree here. I mean, the game does look somewhat promising- more promising than Unleashed's mechanics were nevertheless (Wii in particular, that was the only version I've played so far)- but shouting out your abilities, especially at this rate at which I think you'll want to rip out your ears by the end of the game, could get annoying.

Come to think of it, it's a lot like one of those old animated TV shows where everytime someone with superpowers or the like would use them, they would shout them out.

Those were the days..

5. Flare

Flare

No its not a problem, in Multiplayer, I want to know that I am not homing attacking what the other player is homing attacking, if it needs to be big to work (cause lets face it Sonic Team do there job of seeing what works and what doesn't at least it seems for this game) and I would rather have that then homing attacking what I thought was a spring to relise it was p2's homing attack.

6. glem3

glem3

Dude.

[​IMG]

There's a such thing as overdoing it.

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Maybe it's animated or something and those are just the biggest frames :v:
    edit: yeah saw the video

doesnt seem too bad for multiplayer alone

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Stopped reading there.

"THIS IS TOO BABYISH FOR REAL SONIC GAMERS SUCH AS MYSELF."

Crosshairs give extra control and direction to an otherwise poorly implemented move. Like hell anyone reading this hasn't ever had an errant homing attack in SA2, Heroes, Shadow and even 06 even though it looks like it should have connected (unless said person has never played the games, then I tip my hat to you, gentleperson.)

In the case of multiplayer, the larger crosshair (which, what a shock, glem3 is blowing out of proportion once again) helps to keep track of your character's movement due to the larger pan of the camera's position and is unobtrusive enough that it only lasts a split second.

Seriously, now you guys are just pulling hairs for any sort of complaint and it's getting utterly ridiculous. Get your heads out of your asses.

9. glem3

glem3

I'm not grasping for straws, I'm normally the one combating those complaints. I don't normally complain about aspects of sonic colors and sonic 4, so I don't know what you're talking about. In fact, I argued against the crosshair complaint in sonic 4, because it didn't have a gigantic animation and an annoying noise. The crosshairs are extremely annoying when watching the video and really distracting. The crosshairs in unleashed HD were much better, so I don't know why they didn't just keep that style.

Crosshairs = Good

Crosshairs with a giant animation before appearing on screen with 2 players = Bad

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The rationale has been explained already. It's to compensate for how wide the camera has to pan out in comparison to single player gameplay. We obviously know the effect isn't similar there.

11. glem3

glem3

[​IMG]

I just don't mind it there, because it's not constantly happening twice in a row like multiplayer, in different colors.

12. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    are you seriously moaning about this? FFS thats as bad as "omg green eyes!!1!1"

13. glem3

glem3

Except this actually affects gameplay >.<

I hope they have an option to turn them off.

14. I don't think he's speaking english at all... Those interviews are probably held in Japanese, and later translated to English. This still supports the theory that those words do not represent exactly what Iizuka meant to say though, as reporters like to embellish things and usually don't know what they're talking about.

15. glem3

glem3

Good idea, let's change the subject XD.

How many multiplayer stages do you think there will be? I think there will be two acts for each real level in the game, 10 ten acts and 5 zones.

16. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    You guys realise that the crosshairs are only that big for like, a split second, right? It's not going to get in the way.

17. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    This. They aren't a big deal. The fact that I only really notice them in strategically taken screenshots means that they are completely inconsequential. There's a mountain being made of a molehill here.

While I understand (and dislike) the idea of handholding in Sonic, I have no idea how this comes across as such. The way I see it, it's a graphical indication that shows that you won't zoom past your target and over a cliff. I don't see anyone complaining about the crosshairs that appear when you Z-Target in Zelda. I think this is a good addition and improvement to the homing attack/ Wisp powers.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I feel like this argument just shows that you guys need something to complain about and are in shock since you can't think of anything better to complain about because the game actually looks good for once.

Seriously. It's a crosshair. Why should this matter?

19. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    The crosshairs are a lifesaver considering the amount of times I pummeled to my ultimate demise in Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes.

20. I think they'll be helpful. In 06 I died so many times because I misjudged the distance to a flying robot. Either it was closer than I thought so I jumped into it while trying to get close enough for a homing attack (which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't 06, where jumping does no damage), or it was too far and I end up jump-dashing to 3 inches in front of it and then I fall into oblivion.

I never really had that problem in the Adventure games, which I only died in because I mashed the jump button too fast and it didn't home in on any targets.