don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. <!--quoteo(post=493780:date=Aug 20 2010, 12:15 PM:name=Ch1pper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ch1pper @ Aug 20 2010, 12:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=493780">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ristar? What the hell are you doing here?

Anyway, interesting power to say the least.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's been a while since I last played Ristar and I'm not seeing the reference, is it just the shape or is there something else I'm missing?

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's just people seeing things in the shape of Ristar. The last real Ristar cameo was in Sega All Star Racing in the Death Egg Zone DLC stage.

3. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Yeah, the shape, the sideways angle of the stage, and even the colors to an extent just made my mind scream Ristar instantly when I saw it. It was just a goofy coincidence and I couldn't let the moment pass. I wasn't actually suggesting anything by it.

4. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

And the green wisp turns Sonic into a manic jellyfish. Fucking hilarious. His quills should help him flagellate about in the air.

5. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    <!--quoteo(post=494313:date=Aug 21 2010, 08:04 PM:name=Namo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Namo @ Aug 21 2010, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494313">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=494303:date=Aug 21 2010, 07:33 PM:name=MarkoMan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkoMan @ Aug 21 2010, 07:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494303">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, back on topic: Wisps with powers from other characters... we have digging, wall climbing, flight, and I guess the lasers could be considered a form of... Chaos Control?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Or That other dash move from one of the Sonic Adventures where you hit a trail of enemies instead of rings.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ancient Light/Light Speed Attack? It does kind of remind me more of some Chaos Control move than that though.

However, there's one thing I've been wondering about. What happens if the player doesn't aim the laser at something reflective? does Sonic simply shoot off? If so, that would be an interesting thing to mess around with...

I'm also curious if the cyan laser will have secret targets that bounce Sonic around at strange angles and take him to shortcuts of hidden items/areas. Like large glass shards or any other distinctively reflective surfaces perhaps.

6. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    <!--quoteo(post=494857:date=Aug 23 2010, 02:27 AM:name=TheInvisibleSun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheInvisibleSun @ Aug 23 2010, 02:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494857">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->However, there's one thing I've been wondering about. What happens if the player doesn't aim the laser at something reflective? does Sonic simply shoot off? If so, that would be an interesting thing to mess around with...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If by "not reflective," you mean "not the crystals," then Sonic bounces all over the place, but angles apply. If he doesn't hit ANYTHING, he just flies off in a straight line.

7. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=494862:date=Aug 23 2010, 01:51 AM:name=Effexor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Effexor @ Aug 23 2010, 01:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494862">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=494857:date=Aug 23 2010, 02:27 AM:name=TheInvisibleSun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheInvisibleSun @ Aug 23 2010, 02:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494857">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->However, there's one thing I've been wondering about. What happens if the player doesn't aim the laser at something reflective? does Sonic simply shoot off? If so, that would be an interesting thing to mess around with...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If by "not reflective," you mean "not the crystals," then Sonic bounces all over the place, but angles apply. If he doesn't hit ANYTHING, he just flies off in a straight line.
    Sounds like that could potentially be abused to reach even farther distances! Then again, the crystals do seem to send you pretty far already.

8. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It's possible that the ricochet effect actually lengthens the distance you get from the laser, mind you—kind of like how you get more distance with Sparkster's jetpack (at least in the new Rocket Knight game, anyway, never played the old ones) if you bounce up walls instead of just rocketing upward.

9. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

<!--quoteo(post=494303:date=Aug 22 2010, 12:33 AM:name=MarkoMan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkoMan @ Aug 22 2010, 12:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494303">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually, Sonic Heroes had a combination of the two (holding and tapping A). By holding A, Tails would ascend at a slower rate until he got to his maximum height, which was good for aiming at stuff and trying to get switches that were on a wall. Tapping A zoomed you up to max height really fast, and it had a hitbox to stun aerial enemies. And I personally thought that the control of Sonic Heroes (at least with Team Sonic) was fucking amazing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The system in Heroes being acceptable depends if there were top walls or not. The codding was shoddy there. Other than that, I liked that system very much as well.

10. <!--quoteo(post=494950:date=Aug 23 2010, 03:32 PM:name=0r4ng3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (0r4ng3 @ Aug 23 2010, 03:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494950">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=494303:date=Aug 22 2010, 12:33 AM:name=MarkoMan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkoMan @ Aug 22 2010, 12:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494303">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually, Sonic Heroes had a combination of the two (holding and tapping A). By holding A, Tails would ascend at a slower rate until he got to his maximum height, which was good for aiming at stuff and trying to get switches that were on a wall. Tapping A zoomed you up to max height really fast, and it had a hitbox to stun aerial enemies. And I personally thought that the control of Sonic Heroes (at least with Team Sonic) was fucking amazing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The system in Heroes being acceptable depends if there were top walls or not. The codding was shoddy there. Other than that, I liked that system very much as well.
    The only problem was, that you had absolutely shit range [in flight], and once you ran out of flight power you dropped like a fucking stone.
    You should always be able to glide down slowly once out of energy.
    Same problem with '06.
    Another problem with said games was that Tails/flight had a maximum ascend height based on where they jumped from. I always thought it would be a better idea to keep ascending until the guage ran out.
    SA1 had it perfect, once Tails couldn't ascend any more, he just glided back down instead of falling.

11. glem3

glem3

<!--quoteo(post=494954:date=Aug 23 2010, 10:41 AM:name=Scartillery)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scartillery @ Aug 23 2010, 10:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494954">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=494950:date=Aug 23 2010, 03:32 PM:name=0r4ng3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (0r4ng3 @ Aug 23 2010, 03:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494950">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=494303:date=Aug 22 2010, 12:33 AM:name=MarkoMan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkoMan @ Aug 22 2010, 12:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494303">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually, Sonic Heroes had a combination of the two (holding and tapping A). By holding A, Tails would ascend at a slower rate until he got to his maximum height, which was good for aiming at stuff and trying to get switches that were on a wall. Tapping A zoomed you up to max height really fast, and it had a hitbox to stun aerial enemies. And I personally thought that the control of Sonic Heroes (at least with Team Sonic) was fucking amazing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The only problem was, that you had absolutely shit range [in flight], and once you ran out of flight power you dropped like a fucking stone.
    You should always be able to glide down slowly once out of energy.
    Same problem with '06.
    Another problem with said games was that Tails/flight had a maximum ascend height based on where they jumped from. I always thought it would be a better idea to keep ascending until the guage ran out.
    SA1 had it perfect, once Tails couldn't ascend any more, he just glided back down instead of falling.
    Tails glides back down in 06 also. He also didn't have a set height.

12. <!--quoteo(post=494960:date=Aug 23 2010, 04:24 PM:name=glem3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (glem3 @ Aug 23 2010, 04:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494960">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tails glides back down in 06 also. He also didn't have a set height.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No. Tails definately drops like a rock in 06.

You are right that he doesn't have an max height

13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    <!--quoteo(post=494961:date=Aug 23 2010, 04:32 PM:name=Scartillery)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scartillery @ Aug 23 2010, 04:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494961">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=494960:date=Aug 23 2010, 04:24 PM:name=glem3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (glem3 @ Aug 23 2010, 04:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494960">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tails glides back down in 06 also. He also didn't have a set height.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No. Tails definately drops like a rock in 06.

Tails glides down if you let go of the button just as he gets tired, but drops down if you continue to hold it.

14. Columind

Columind

Geistbox Member
    Music and Comics
    Green Wisp sounded fucking ridiculous at first, but after seeing the second video it looks a bit more promising. If it will be reliant on precision I'm all for it as its probably another 2D plane exclusive Wisp which plays it not too far off from Tails, most likely the same way the Pink Wisp seems to do a fair share taking its cue from Knuckles. It probably also means it won't provide such a huge change of pace since its in the platforming oriented areas. That and thank fuck for optional and temporary light dash. The ring trails seem alot more clever this time around as well.

So that leaves the Purple and TARDIS Wisp left for the Wii version. I swear to god I am loving this game more and more by all the new stuff.

15. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I forgot something. It just occured me that Overlord acutally played the game, and I did not make this question before:

Hey Overlord, you played the game. Are you able to tell at how many FPS the game runs at?

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Please don't say 30fps, please.</span>

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Jason from SSMB who played it at E3 already confirmed it WAS 30fps. Sorry.

17. <!--quoteo(post=495004:date=Aug 23 2010, 06:57 PM:name=Endri)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Endri @ Aug 23 2010, 06:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=495004">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I forgot something. It just occured me that Overlord acutally played the game, and I did not make this question before:

Hey Overlord, you played the game. Are you able to tell at how many FPS the game runs at?

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Please don't say 30fps, please.</span><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think somebody said it was a steady 30FPS.
    I'm not entirely sure though.
    It may be different.

In any case, a steady 30FPS is better than a massively fluctuating 60FPS (ahem Unleashed for the PS3)

18. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    But the E3 build was way different from the current one.

Oh well, guess I'll have to live with that. Even though there was no reason for this game to run in any framerate lower than 60.

19. <!--quoteo(post=495012:date=Aug 23 2010, 07:10 PM:name=Endri)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Endri @ Aug 23 2010, 07:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=495012">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But the E3 build was way different from the current one.

Oh well, guess I'll have to live with that. Even though there was no reason for this game to run in any framerate lower than 60.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Who knows.
    At this stage anything is possible, as shown by the changes made between the E3 build and the Gamescon build.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It wasn't the 60fps smoothness of Sonic 4, no - and it did drop frames occasionally (though I daresay that will be sorted by the time the final product is done).