don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member

I believe he's referring to the fact that Eggman lost Metal Sonic at the end of Heroes, because Shadow and Omega got him.

Since the Rivals series is non canon now, I guess the first appearance of Metal Sonic after Heroes is Generations, in the battle in Stardust Speedway. So maybe this current Metal Sonic came from the past during Generations?

2. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    A great little series all around, probably my favourite animated stuff they released so far.
    I kinda wish they made a whole series like this for tv or streaming platforms, but maybe that's a bit too greedy :p

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Doesn't top Mania Adventures, but what could? A great little two-parter that's got me nicely warmed up for when I finally get my PS4 copy of Colours Ultimate.

4. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    The second part was much more enjoyable for me. It was basically a nice little roll call for each wisp and what they can do. Also I’m always down with another Sonic vs Metal fight and I fully expected the wisps to come back to life anyway.. good guys always win :V

Overall a nice side project to get us ready for Colors Ultimate.. I do, however, feel like this little mini series wasn’t really needed since Colors is already well established but SEGA went out of their way to give it to us and I applaud them for that.

Still looking forward more to Origins though ;)

5. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

The series was mainly to promote the Jade Wisp and the Versus Metal Sonic battles, which are the biggest additions to Colors Ultimate. And it was great as it is.

6. :words:

What can I say that hasn't already been said by this point lmao? Kudos to the entire team!

7. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Yeah, doesn't beat the Mania Adventure episodes but was still a fun ride. Part 2 was definitely more interesting-better action than part 1.

Oh and forget Neo Metal Sonic. This is now Metal's ultimate form ;)

[​IMG]

I really enjoy these shorts and I hope they keep making them to promote the new games (Rangers & Origins etc).

8. _Sidle

_Sidle

That's actually from the games themselves! (minus the dying bit)
    upload_2021-8-26_12-50-39.png
    It sort of comes up in a DS cutscene with it's version exclusive Violet Wisps, but RotW actually showing the process is cool.

Anyway, that was a fun episode! Well paced, plenty of appealing framing/choreography, highlights the added game features well...
    • Orbot debriefing Metal on the end-of-level capsules(?) and handing him the hologram-USB, which Sonic easily nabs and gives to Tails for navigation.
    • A capsule being stuffed into Metal's torso, and modified to get around the trust requirement to activate Wisp Colour Powers.
    • Jade dislodging said capsule, in a full circle moment from the first part
    • The ""combination form"" of the robots vs the combination attack from Sonic + all the freed Wisps

9. Pengi

Pengi

https://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/character/metal-sonic.html

かつて、AIチップの高性能化によって自我を持ち、自らの身体を改良してエッグマン軍団を支配しようと企てたがソニックたちによって阻止される。その後、再びDr.エッグマンの手により、もとの従順な戦闘メカに戻される。

Machine translated:

In the past, Dr. Eggman's AI chip made him self-aware, and he improved his own body in an attempt to take control of Eggman's army, but Sonic and the others stopped him. After that, he is turned back into an obedient fighting mecha by Dr. Eggman again.

10. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    This was probably my favorite instance of Roger voicing Sonic. It feels like a good cross between Ryan Drummond's "too cool" Sonic and Roger's cocky, "don't care" Sonic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Sonic's characterization was way better in this episode, he doesn't come off as a complete asshole

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I love the Orbot/Metal dynamic in the context of this short, I feel like it adds a bit of something to his usually apathetic character that’s generally somewhat irreverent of his creator. Feels like he really has genuine admiration for Metal Sonic.

13. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

I felt Orbot was doing this out of pure fear of Metal Sonic, not admiration. And I also felt Cubot was little used, sadly.

14. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

The full two-parts episode is here:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. I liked these! I will say that I did like Mania Adventures and TSR: Overdrive quite a bit more — these ones felt a bit more salesy, for lack of a better descriptor — but all in all I was very delighted. The animation looked great and there were some very fun gags (the Orbot/Cubot/Metal team up, in particular).

16. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Anyone else feel like the "robot combination" was poking fun at Heroes' power formation "using Sonic and Tails as boxing gloves" crap? That was fun.

17. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    the casual "buh-bye" in the distance after Sonic threw Metal into the capsule slayed me hahahahaha

18. Not quite as good as thr first two shorts, but still pretty enjoyable.

19. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    New official JP comic tieing in to Colours Ultimate available here, in addition to the latest Sonic Channel wallpaper featuring Sonic and several Wisps in Windy Valley (which probably means the story we're getting in September will feature them in that location).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. BadBehavior

BadBehavior

I read that as Windy Hill at first and crafted some joke about how this new story was gonna explain why the Wisps appeared in Lost World outside of a mobile game.

Then I actually clicked on it. I feel like I would've preferred it if it was Windy Hill and not an Adventure level.