don't click here

Sonic Classic Heroes

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by flamewing, Nov 2, 2010.

1. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Next you'll be adding Micheal Jackson as a playable character. One joke character is enough. Don't make team kingdom hearts.

2. MathUser

MathUser

The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy hack is 10 MB and for a while actually worked on a real system. Can't you expand your hack to that size and fit all the characters at once? Also adding 3k stages would be sweet too.

Compatible emulators are on this page:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1059/

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I think I'd prefer to see Mickey and Donald in a Sonic 3 hack, because Drex's creations are in the style of Sonic 3, arguably moreso than characters that were actually in Sonic 3, like Tails.

It also means we get the most out of Drex's animations. I mean

would you even see these frames in Sonic Classic Heroes?

That's my only real reason, I should add.

4. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    ...the majority of the cast is already s3k styled. So what?

Your final point is that the Disney characters will have more sprites available then this project calls for so nix the entire character. Why? The characters being included here will not prevent the full sprite set from being used elsewhere.

Geez. I hope that you guys didn't give the creators of Metal sonic hyperdrive this much grief over optional characters like Mario and Kirby.

5. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Quoting this because I'm thinking mostly the same thing and asked this question back in December to no response.

6. MathUser

MathUser

After reading the thread more I am more open to more characters now. But initially I thought Mickey in the game was a joke. I haven't been keeping up with this thread so this was news to me. I like the idea of more characters if you can fit them all in one ROM. I seen a hacker who got UMKT working on a regular cartridge so that means it's possible to have a 10 MB cartridge for real. Also it'll probably work in Mega Everdrive cause that supports 10 MB ROM's like UMKT.

7. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    I thought of that. Then I thought of a team of Sega mascots (maybe Alex Kidd, Vectorman and Sonic). I also thought of instead of MJ, a Sonic with MJ hat and moves.

8. MathUser

MathUser

Why not the sonic bros? I'd say sister sonic but we never saw a pic of her.

9. [​IMG]

Found the sprites I did some time ago. No idea how well they animate, though.

Also yes please on Vectorman being added in.

10. flamewing

flamewing

France
    The problem with Sonic bros is that it consists of Sonic and 2 recolored Sonics.

The problem with UMKT's big ROM size is that most emulators are not compatible with it (including those that (a) have good debugging features and (b) work on Linux), and while it works on real hardware, it needs (1) that neither SCD nor 32x must be attached and (2) either a special cartridge or a relatively recent Mega Everdrive (Everdrive MD fails).

Using the SSF2 mapper will be slightly better for me because I can keep on making the hack.

11. REPO Man

REPO Man

Sega already made TONS of Mickey and/or Donald games (the Illusion series, Deep Duck Trouble and Lucky Dime Caper for Game Gear and Sega Master System, QuackShot for Genesis, the piece-of-shit Fantasia game). Mickey would have the butt bounce (a la Castle of Illusion), while Donald Duck would either use a projectile attack or just jump on them.

12. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    Thank you for the observation. I want multiple suggestions to see what most people see as iconic gameplay styles for these characters. It could be from an old Sega game or something as recent as Epic Mickey. My main aim is to make the characters feel like themselves through and through.

Of course having a call back to a previous game is fine too, but I'd like it to make sense. For example, butt stomp is okay, but I'm not liking the idea of tossing apples.

Anyone have any idea what I can do with[​IMG]Goofy?? All I can think of at the moment is to have him base his moves on his old sport/exercise/common man cartoons complete with wardrobe change for each action, but I can't decide if that idea is too abstract for a game like this or if he can get away with it just because he's Goofy.

13. MathUser

MathUser

Give goofy a fishing line and have him toss it like he does in goofy movie. That or just give him a keyblade.

14. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    Big is the fisher here.

15. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Well, then what should I do with this?
    I switched all my frames from the comfortable and easiest $2 -> $20 to this, and now this isn't 100% true neither?

16. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Find a good Rotor or Antoine sheet and I can provide the rest of Team Freedom Fighter. :P

17. MathUser

MathUser

Add Sara from the anime. She can kick like she does in that video game.

18. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Those two lists are identical, just one is in hex and one is in decimal.

19. flamewing

flamewing

France
    Those values are the same ones I posted, except I gave them in hex and these are in decimal.

Edit: Ninja'd by MainMemory.

Not the same thing, but I have some requests for Team SatAM :v:/>

20. The nice thing about giving Donald his Quackshot plungers is that they give him an actual ability, which is to climb walls, allowing him to go wherever Knuckles can go. Other moves would probably be much more generic.