Sonic Classic Heroes

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by flamewing, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Awww, I liked the yellow HUD...

2. This is a great mod! I like how you can play as Team Sonic, as well as Team Chaotix! I can't wait for the other teams as well! Nice job, flamewing!

3. Chaos Hedgie

Chaos Hedgie

Even old trolls have to grow up Oldbie
    Someone probably mentioned this but you guys will be alright, I'm not going back through 140+ pages

You guys going to implement the Drop Dash with SCH?

4. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    I already have a prototype, I just need to revise it to match the actual drop dash.

5. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Let me know if you need any help with that.

6. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR

Provisional Member
    USA, Florida
    http://leafosgaming.wixsite.com/leafos
    Will you be trying to create the Classic Heroes (or more characters following you) for Sonic Mania?

7. flamewing

flamewing

France
    No.

8. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Making a hack for a MD game to which we effectively have the entire game's code laid out for us and making a mod of Sonic Mania in which most of the game's inner workings are a mystery are two completely different things, not to mention the two use very different languages and systems.

9. AngelKOR

AngelKOR

Help people with their hacks and learn more about hacks
    From what I remember, Shadow has his own super form, which can easily fix the color flashing issue, which can end up in some characters having their own super sprite. Example: The Sonics, Shadow, Silver, Blaze or some custom super forms. Would that take too much space?

10. flamewing

flamewing

France
    It does, yes. Depending on the number of characters with alternate super forms, it may or may not be too much to manage, and may require using the SSF2 mapper, which brings is own issues to the table.

11. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    cool an updat- oh

this thread has the worst bumps of any thread on retro lmao

12. flamewing

flamewing

France
    So, I am looking for people that can do a few hardware testing, as well as some playtesting. Giving preference to people that have and can test with a Sega Team Player, an EA 4-Way Play, and 6-button controllers. Please send me a PM if you want to lend a hand.

On other news, yes, I am alive, and yes, the project is still alive. I will see about making a massive bugfix release soon, then go on to start working again on adding more characters/teams. Or, more likely, erasing the concept of teams and having a 'Sonic Chaotix Heroes' mechanic, if that makes sense.

• Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  13. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

I like the add more characters/team mechanic. I wondered If you swap different Characters for different teams, like let's say I want Amy, Cream, & Tikal instead of Big.

14. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

The sheep goes quack! Member
    I know that redhotsonic did test Classic Heroes on real hardware in a video of his last year and had a Sega Tap (4 way adapter) and I believe a 6 button controller too. Perhaps you could check with him to see if he's available to help you.

15. Knucklez

Knucklez

PC Engine Enthusiast Member
    That's great news flamewing, glad to see this has more in store for it and that you're willing to get back into it.

I can attest to that, when people work on something long enough to a point of burnout and take a break from it. Seems like that break is over and your motivation rejuvinated. I love that feeling too.

I'm anxious for what you have in store for this.

16. Ralbalboa

Ralbalboa

Best news in years!!!