don't click here

Sonic CD PS3 Time Travel Softlock

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RainyRoses, Mar 19, 2019.

1. RainyRoses

RainyRoses

See You Next Post Member
    When I was messing around with debug mode on the PS3 version of Sonic CD I used item placement mode to see if a ring would show up or if I could move around in the time travel cutscene but the game decided to crash instead. I was still able to pull up the XMB menu and close the game though. So I probably just softlocked it. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/gvaZ7JP8UQQ

2. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    I think Sonic Team/SEGA isn't going to be updating the remakes/ports of said remakes. I think Sonic 1 on iOS has been effectively unbeatable for about a year now (a new save can't get past Spring Yard 3 because you die after you beat the boss), Sonic 2 has some weird collision issues, Sonic CD? No idea. I don't know if these problems are exclusive to the iPhone X line or if it's from them going free to play or what but honestly it shows SEGA stopped caring. Especially with this being on PS3 but I would be curious as to how you crashed the game/made it hang in a technical sense.

3. RainyRoses

RainyRoses

See You Next Post Member
    I think that when I switched to item placement mode, the cutscene couldn't load Sonic's sprite so it just didn't know what to do. But I could be wrong because it clearly shows Sonic's time travel sprites in the bottom left of the screen so I don't know.

4. > Implying SEGA ever cared

They have our money, and continue to smash that NOSTALGIA button. Frankly after the whole "You paid for Sonic 1? Well here's some ads" nonsense they pulled with the iOS releases, I''m never buying a SEGA game again. Maybe borrow or obtain it through other means, like used sales, but new? Hell no.

5. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    I bought the android versions of all three mobile games, I tried out the ad based ones on iOS and wasn't impressed. I guess they don't care, they made their money and a little extra ad revenue with games that are fundamentally broken doesn't matter to them. I wonder how Stealth and Taxman feel about it. I bought Mania on Switch and Steam and they finally removed Denuvo from the Steam version. I would have preferred getting it on a service like GOG but I don't buy a lot of SEGA games (let alone games in general) so a few pennies, whatever. I don't disagree with you at all Irixion.

6. Vangar

Vangar

It's worth noting that I've played through the PS3 SCD version countless times and not had such an issue in regular play. The debug item placement mode was left in as a little bonus and can cause problems not experienced in regular play.

7. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Such a shame :< taxman sonic series has been so great and had a bright future... if only sega cared.