don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    At least the system requirements for the PC version is probably really low so I doubt anyone here has a rig that can't handle it.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Man, if only we weren't forced to play as Tails. That would really help solve the issues everyone is having with this.

[​IMG]

WAIT HOLD ON HERE

Seriously guys, if it's really bothering you that much, then don't play as Tails. And if his mere presence bothers you, then...I really don't know what to say.

I also realize the concerns graphically, but at the end of the day it can't be that big of a deal right? Maybe I just don't care enough. I dunno. :psyduck:

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    You're exactly right! They should make a collection of some of the rarer Sonic games. Maybe add in a couple of those less-seen arcade games and Saturn stuff.

Oh.

Well, at least there's still Chaotix to put somewhere...

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Wow, this thread really took a turn for the stupid all of a sudden. Would you say that the special features on a Blu-ray being in SD instead of HD ruins the movie? Hell no, because that would be stupid. I fully agree that it would've been nice if they'd made new sprites for Tails, but to deem the ENTIRE GAME inferior because of a COMPLETELY OPTIONAL feature you didn't even know about two days ago isn't quite as good as it could be simply isn't reasonable. Everything else about the game that you were perfectly happy about before is as good as it always was, and they've added more. This does not make ANYTHING worse, it simply makes it not quite as much better as it could've been.

5. Continuity issues aside, why is everyone bitching about Tails being added as a completely optional unlockable? I can see why some people are upset from a story standpoint, but seriously, you can play the game as you always have if you want to. Nobody's stopping you from doing that. :P

Also, about Tails' sprite being more or less unmodified from its Sonic 2 counterpart: Unless I'm mistaken, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic CD all used the same sprite sheet for Sonic, or they're at least pretty damn similar in comparison to one another. It makes sense for Tails' sprite to be hardly changed in the transition from Sonic 2 to Sonic CD.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I agree with Kogen (:psyduck:). I'm not even all that excited about Tails in CD, but I'm not about to flip my shit over the little things that may come with it.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc

Seriously, can we move on from this retarded discussion?!

Why hasn't SEGA announced the price of this yet? it seems strange they haven't.

Heres something worth discussing:
    Sonic CD 20th Anniversary OST Track List Revealed (TSS)

Is that the full tracklist? or are we being gimped again by another one of these anniversary osts?

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    What? Looks like the full set to me.

9. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    I would shite my pants if they updated Knuckles Chaotix with proper physics, widescreen, good online co-op, and edited Mighty back into Sonic and finished the Tails sprite.

Well not really, but I would pay money for it. This release of Sonic CD should be setting trends.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Taxman can you please include a hard mode where you play as Amy a la Sonic Advance and rescue Sonic, who speeds off the screen once you save him? Then with your complete executive control can you animate her chasing Sonic through the ending sequence?

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm not exactly sure if I'll ever be able to get this comparison out of my mind now.

12. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    You know, I think this thread would've taken a much better turn if Cooljerk would've acted more like a gentlemen. Just saying.

Also just saying: Live and let live. And please stop reminding me of Green Eyes. For the love of all things decent.

Imagine if this Sonic CD port becomes successful. Could this mean the Taxman will see more work opportunities with SEGA?

13. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    We can only hope his engine sees more use in the future, yes.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Knuckles Chaotix.

DO IT FGT PLEASE.

15. BtCE

BtCE

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  16. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Agreed. Tails is my fav character and I have also been rather sad to see only Sonic is playable lately and no Tails. I loved to explore the heights and secret places in 2D games because he could fly and got places where others did not. To me, that unlockable came quite surprise to me and I want that game NOW. Also Chimpo, you can't buy 10 copies unless you do not own multiple machines for it, because once you download it, then you just redownload it again and again. I know you prob wrote it in a sarcastic way (Sorry if it was not) but just saying :P.

17. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Baww Tails! Seriously, if Tails being in the game bothers you, then don't play as him after you've finished the game. :\ Ignore the fact that he exists in the game. This isn't the first time that SEGA added another character in an already existing game. I for one am happy to see Tails playable, it'll definitely change the gameplay up a bit. Though Amy hugging Tails with hearts above her head will probably be a tad bit disturbing. :v:

18. Felik

Felik

I only hope that Taxman will make final boss not suck donkey balls.

19. MastaSys

MastaSys

I don't see why can't Amy just jump happily when playing as Tails.

I for one I would actually like a playable Amy Rose, like E-122's Hacks. :v:

20. Ravi Singh

Ravi Singh

Los Angeles, CA
    The Snake Soup
    Meanwhile, at DeviantArt...