Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Only you Chimpo can make a 3 day ban sound fun! :v:

So theres still no price set yet? wonder why SEGA is keeping tight lipped about it?

2. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    When it comes to price I'd say about $8-10 at least. I highly doubt Sega would sell it for 5 or 15, but I'd say the max they would sell it for is $12.

Also I am crazy for calling that number Chimpo posted? All I got was a busy signal the first time and a tellamarketing company the second time.

3. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Given the price of their other recent rerelease (Daytona USA) and the price drop for Sonic 4, I'm expecting $10 here.

4. Trujin

Trujin

The Bad Seed. Member
    I'm hoping for 800 points. Can't really imagine it being any cheaper than that, as generous as it would be. Although I fear that as it's being regarded as part of the Sonic 4 saga they'll make it 1,200 points like Episode 1. Shouldn't stop me from buying it though if that ends up being the case.

5. I too hope it hits the $10-$15 price range. I just really hope this game comes out soon........... Never really got to play it with the original Japanese music so I am really looking foward to this!

Also if Taxman can talk to Sega, release Sonic1,2,3 and Knuckles (with lock-on function) all true widescreen like the wonders he did with Sonic CD I am there.

6. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    Although I hope for 10 USD or less, I bet it will be 15 USD, with 25% off to psn+ users.

7. Derf

Derf

*Insert witty member title here* Member
    Yonder, Hither.
    Sonic ExoGenesis
    I'm willing to pay 15 for it but I wouldn't be happy about it. I doubt they'd do that though.

8. The number is actually telephone speak for 1-800-FUC-KYOU. >.>

9. Tithin

Tithin

There ain't no row, like Saints Row. Member
    Which explains why he went to a telemarketing company, I suppose.

10. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    To say the very least, I'm definitely looking forward to this. The whole Sonic 4 thing, while I do find it to be very annoying marketing, doesn't bother me at all, as long as the original game remains intact (which it will). I really do hope that they edit the dithering to be pre-blended, though.

By the way, anyone know if they're using the SNCBNK files in the looping music, and if it's the original CD quality source, rather than the awful PCM in the beta rom?

11. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

has covered wars Member
    I'm expecting $10 because it isn't just a sloppy port like Sonic 1, 2, 3&K and Sonic Adventure. I won't mind paying that much because I essentially paid $30 for Sonic CD alone when I got Gems and it is a really good game.

12. FistoftheWind

FistoftheWind

Bristol VA
    http://fightforhopeva.blogspot.com
    Doh, my bad fellas, sorry about that. I was browsing this on my phone at work and didn't realize how many pages the thread was. I guess I'll refrain from using that device for this forum from now on.

13. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Have you not read anything on this version of Sonic CD?

14. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    It uses the Japanese soundtrack, and it's not emulated, but rather a remake using local fan Taxman's Retro Engine. Pay attention!

15. dsrb

dsrb

Flawless debut post.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So...

You've never read the front page either, eh?

17. LockOnTommy11

LockOnTommy11

UK
    Okay, we get it. The trial member knows nothing of the CD release that's up and coming.

Anyway, is there a roundabouts time for this to be released yet? I haven't seen anything so I may have missed some rumour talk or behind the scenes stuff.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    No. The last thing posted was the second trailer.

19. British Gaijin

British Gaijin

Go play Nier. Member
    Great Britain, UK
    The EscapeRoute Show
    I'm hoping this version is released soon. It seems wrong to not have already released it, especially seeing as Sega's largest Sonic the Hedgehog title yet is just around the corner.

I honestly cannot wait.

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Considering
    the US version of Stardust Speedway is remixed in Generations,
    does that mean there's a better chance the US soundtrack will be available sometime after release?