don't click here

Sonic CD for PC in Windows XP

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Korama, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    That other thread "Sonic CD's patch for Win XP" here and Quick Man's silly reply to it convinced me to take another look at the game.

I updated my SonicCDfix program and included two new patches: one for toggling the menu and the other one for toggling full screen mode!

Works fine for me, I hope it will for others as well. If you have already patched Sonic CD with a previous version of SonicCDfix, just run the new version over it again and be sure to let it overwrite the LZXX.DLL file.

I guess I'll have to thank Quick Man for motivating me to tackle that last big flaw of Sonic CD PC. :(

Maybe not everybody can find it or wants to pirate it?
    Anyway, if you already have the PC version, why leave it rotting in its case now that it's possible to play it again? :P

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Rox. It works great now.

3. Knux the Echinda

Knux the Echinda

Pending Member
    Full screen doesn't seem to work for me :/
    Damn I really wanted full screen too :angry:

4. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    *hints at SonicStuff :( *

5. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I'll have to install this once I get a chance on the PC....

6. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    Hmm, maybe your graphics card/driver doesn't support the resolution 320x240 or the way it is enabled (with RDX API calls, which in turn use DirectDraw or perhaps the Windows API to set the resolution). Or something about your soniccd.exe was fishy.

You could try Sega's Sonic CD demo, it can be downloaded from here. It's a self-extracting zip file that includes a setup program. However, you don't need to use that setup program, all you need from that zip file is the "GAME" folder. Extract it to somewhere on your HD and then run SonicCDfix to patch the game files and create the ini and registry settings.
    If it works on your PC, then the full 32 bit version of Sonic CD should work too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.