don't click here

Sonic CD Enhanced Hybrid OST 2022

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by PimpUigi, Jun 23, 2011.

1. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

------- Route Magician ------- Sonic CD Technician Member
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    2022:
    Updated this mod for the Sega CD with the music I had remastered from FLAC tracks and Restored quality Beta Loops; plus an added bonus: Patched in an upgrade to the Sound FX to make them use the higher quality SN76489 sound chip instead of the Z80.
    This means your jump and charge/release Sound FX will be much higher quality.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/ak9btejqc23ugu5/Sonic+CD+Enhanced+Hybrid+OST+2.0.zip/file

2021:
    https://gamebanana.com/mods/50089
    Converted this mod to be used as the base building blocks for Sonic CD Restored!
    Valentine's Day 2021
    Finally released this as a mod for Sonic CD 2011!

2011:
    Sonic CD is the greatest 2D Sonic of all time.
    Featuring 78 levels, two complete OST's, the Super Peel Out (AKA best Spin Dash ever), and a special stage that attempts to recreate the 2D Sonic experience in 3D (find the correct order of bumpers, springs, and enemies to finish the special stage the fastest).
    It's also the fastest of the 2D Sonic games (thanks to the Super Peel Out), with the best Time Attack records totaling 10:55'82

This is not only a cherry picked melding of the best tracks from the US and JP versions, but they're also enhanced with certain 12 inch versions of the US music, and the JP tracks unused loop bits added it.
    JP songs will now loop virtually seamlessly in MP3 players, if you so choose to leave them on endless loop. There is still a slight pause in the game.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Hey man, good stuff,

3. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Thank you so much for this, can't wait to give it a try and also listen to the remixed and enhanced version of the music. I love both US and Jap Soundtracks.

4. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    inb4 Sonic CD haters tell you how wrong you are.

But yeah, much obliged good sir, downloading now. :3

5. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Quoted for truth.

downloading now. Thanks!

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Really don't want to do this to you here but nice job basically stealing my Japanese Boss music edit and cutting it in half... unless this is some weird form of flattery because people LIKE that edit... now I'm confused.

That said, it's a shame you couldn't do more with your U.S. tracks. The Sonic Boom album with full versions of the U.S. tracks are something you should look into more, since I heard a few of your tracks already used them. You could do some fun stuff with them instead of an overall copy-paste of the tracks.

7. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

Yay, cleared up over PM.
    What I did was use Goldwave, adjusted the fading, then took the loop bits, and I pasted them into the end of the mp3's from the rom download all myself.

I did a more complex edit of the Wacky Workbench "G" mix with stuff from Sonic Boom.
    I really didn't want to change the pace of the tracks themselves, you know, preserve the artists intentions while keeping things as good as possible. That's why I didn't use Tidal Tempest 12 inch.

8. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Sonic's birthday is shaming the fuck out of my own.

Downloading right now!

9. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Will the ISO run on my Mega CD (like Sonic mega Mix) or is it for emulators only? I'm assuming the latter as I'd need a PAL version anyway.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It should run on a Mega CD if you burn it. I've burned the U.S. 920 build to a CD with music tracks and my Sega CD reads it perfectly fine.

11. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

You would have to change the region of the ISO.
    It's currently set to the American Sega CD region.

So for yourself, I'd just go with the emulator. It'll be better that way so it runs in 60hz instead of 50hz.

12. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

I miss the old music icon.
    Now no one knows this is a music project : (

13. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

You bumped a month old topic resulting in a double post merely to express discontent with the lack of thread icons?
    I see through you. The topic title says Custom Soundtrack, it's obvious anyone reading the title knows its a music project.

So your post just seems like a bump to me. You can deal without thread icons

dealwithit.jpg

14. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

Updated the download links since Megaupload is gone.

15. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Late to the party :psyduck:

Thanks for the awesome work, though. I'll look at this later. Maybe I'll go make a copy using the Beta SS music from the Japanese OST (the 4:32 one.)

16. I've been listening to a few of these songs a lot over the last few days. Great work! Wish they could still make the music like this. Sonic 3D blast also had a sweet soundtrack, perhaps its only redeeming feature. I cant for the life of me understand why Sega doesn't return to what defined the series in the first place.

17. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

https://gamebanana.com/mods/50089

Valentine's Day 2021
    Finally released this as a mod for Sonic CD 2011!
    Reworked, re-edited, remastered every track with the new resources now available thanks to CollisionChaosRadio, KingMeteorStudios, and the CD quality past tracks on KHinsider

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  18. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

19. nesboy43

nesboy43

Maybe I'm running this incorrectly? Tried the ISO and I'm just getting sound effects with no music. Excited to get this working though, not sure what I messed up.

20. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

You need to select the .cue file when burning; but I got a report from a few people they weren't able to burn with the .ogg files for one reason or another so I've reuploaded as .mp3 and also doubled the length of a couple of the short tracks so they loop seamlessly.