don't click here

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Dec 15, 2011.

1. I just tested the Steam version with the secret "Batman" Sonic picture or the MC Sonic one and my version doesn't freeze. I guess it has something to do with your installation or pc. I can press the B button on my 360 controller when the hidden picture is shown and the game returns to the menu screen.

2. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Weird. o_O I don't think I've done anything funky with the installation. Although I did copy the save data in the game folder at one point to another folder, and then later on overwrote the data in the game's folder with that backup. I don't think that could've scrambled something like that, though... or could it?

3. Try installing the latest drivers for your hardware, most importantly the driver for your graphics card. And if that doesn't fix the problem, try deleting your save file (make a backup first) and create a new one.

4. In the last Segabits interview Stealth mentioned the vocals were left out in the Japanese intro and ending movies because Sega didn't have the license for the vocals. After the release of Sonic CD Sega acquired the license and released the Sonic CD Original Soundtrack (20th anniversary) with the vocals. Would it be possible to patch Sonic CD with the vocals now that Sega has the license? That would be so awesome!

5. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Ok, I'm not sure how updating the graphics driver would've fixed anything, but I did that just now (hadn't updated them in a long time because the last time I did my computer kept freezing). I tried two of the pictures just now and I was able to get out of them this time with both the keyboard and 360 controller. Huh... odd. O_O Not sure if it was the drivers or the game just having a hiccup that day from me playing it for so long, but thanks for the suggestion!

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Indeed, and now that patching Xbox 360 games doesn't require paying a fee, it could happen in all systems with no losses for SEGA.

7. You're welcome! It's always a good idea to install the latest graphics card drivers when you're using your PC for games.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    This is a mostly minor frustration, but the good future music on the Japanese soundtrack for Collision Chaos has a very short bit of silence right at the beginning, and since the loop point for the track is 0 there's an obvious stutter when the track goes back to the start. It's an easy enough fix in Audacity but to my knowledge it was never changed in the PC version?

9. RibShark

RibShark

There's an updated version of this currently available on Amazon (1.1.0 vs 1.0.6 in the Google Play Store). Changes I've noticed are that there is no "more games" menu item, there are no links to social media in the about page or when the game is first loaded, and the disappearing D-Pad and Button when not using the touch screen has finally been implemented, but it is possible there are more fixes on the side. One downside I've encountered though is that tactic feedback no longer works. It's probably not worth the effort to update just for this, but anyone who so desires can get it for free anyway (using the Amazon Underground app), so at least we don't have to pay if we want an updated version. Does make me wonder why this hasn't been pushed to the Play Store yet though.

10. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Amazing news - been hoping for a version where the D-pad etc. was no longer visible for ages. Hopefully it'll be rolled out to the Play Store soon so that I can update to the new version! = )

11. MartiusR

MartiusR

I've bought recently Sonic CD on Google Market, but after downloading it, game constantly opens "Looking for resources to download" window, with bar eternally stopped on 0% and 0 MB/0 MB. I've tried to pause and un-pause download, close app and launch it once more, but it doesn't help. I'm using JXD S7800B, both Sonic and Sonic 2 on android (from Google market too) are working fine, so it's rather not about my "gear". I would be grateful for any advices/help.

12. RibShark

RibShark

Sonic CD, unlike Sonic 1 and 2, does not contain all of its files in the APK. Instead, it downloads some of the files (data.rsdk and the video files) as APK expansion files (OBB files) after it is installed. I am not sure whether the files are downloaded from Google, but if not then it is possible that whatever internet provider you are using is filtering the domain where these files are hosted. It is also possible that the server serving these files is currently down.

If you need a workaround, you can currently get the app for free using the Amazon Underground app, but you will need to be able to sideload APK files onto your device, and occasionally you will get an advert at the start which from my experience is skippable and static.

13. MartiusR

MartiusR

I was trying initially with Amazon Underground, but from unknown reason, it doesn't allow me to download any free game. Maybe some region-lock (I'm from Poland), I really don't know, after installing it about week or two ago I've never managed to obtain any freebie.

But anyway - I've finally managed to finish this issue. When I've launched Sonic CD again, this I had an error about unsuccessfull attempt, and after that I've launched it once more, and this time it went properly and finally I could open Sonic CD. So I'm assuming that it was some temporal unavailability of this service you've mentioned. Thanks for explaining a bit the nature of the "installing" files in case of Sonic CD, I've thought initially that it's the same thing like in case of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 (and that generally it's working in the same way like these two games).

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    This reminds me, I think I've run into that error every time I've tried to install this game in either of my phones...

Did anybody manage to make the installation work on the first try?

15. Never had this problem and I've installed Sonic CD on different devices (3 different phones and a tablet) . The installation always succeeded without issues.

16. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    No issue on my Huawei Ascend P6 with Android 4.2, either.

17. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Managed to make this happen last Friday:
    [​IMG]

Seems if you are going fast enough, the camera can, somehow, end up past the egg container at the end.

18. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I have two bugs to report for the Android version.

1. Much like the bug in the current version of Sonic 1, the debug mode isn't working properly. Unlike the former, the code can actually be entered, but tapping the upper left-hand corner of the screen does not activate the object placement mode, despite the hex coordinates being at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

2. If you happen to save your progress and pick up where you left off on the second act, completing it will still lead to a Bad Future, even after all Time Stones are collected.

19. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    So, Xbox One owners:

Thanks to the new backwards compatibility update, Sonic CD can now be downloaded for Xbox One.

Also present: Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3.

Not present: Sonic & Knuckles.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Surprised it wasn't Sonic 3 :specialed: