don't click here

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Dec 15, 2011.

1. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Yeah I'm too tired to pick that reference up :v:

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No luck so far. I'm getting a 921 error now and others are saying it's not appearing on the app store at all.

This is quite the experience.

3. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Give it time, Google Play is being super slow about updating right now. I spent 4 hours figuring that out.

4. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Great update! Just for the sake of completeness on the wiki, what else changed between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 other than the Xperia X10 Mini fix?

5. Retroman

Retroman

I payed for Sonic CD on a Gingerbread Android, Samsung Galaxy i900t and it took forever to download. I tried searching, and found a folder download of it. Unfortuantly, adding the folder and replacing it didn't work, so I'm kinda glad there's a lite version.

Not too keen paying for another one, or going through the service to change, but something to report.

Off-topic:
    Also, glad you enjoyed the joke :v:
    and actually, that exact video was what I used for reference!

6. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    You should be able to download it again from the store without charge, using the same account you purchased the game with. It sounds like you manually downloaded a folder of the game resources from another website? I'm guessing the reason it didn't work is because they were probably the resources for version 1.0.0 instead of the latest obb files (there should only be two auxiliary files now).

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Looks like the servers straightened up and we're all good. Fun how it's the full 266MB download now instead of the installer. I feel sorry for the poor sods that try to tackle this on 3G.

But it DOES have the WiFi tab now, so... :specialed:

8. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    So what all is changed in the Android version? Other than rumble should I even bother updating?

9. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    A Google Play License Check was added. Somehow I feel that's going to cause problems moreso than solve. Though for people like me, it shouldn't be a problem.

10. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    The Google Play License Check is required to use the APK expansion file hosting service. In a nutshell, this update has the addition of haptic effects, bug fixes and a more reliable method of downloading the game data.

11. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    So what all is changed in the Android version? Other than rumble should I even bother updating?

12. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    It isn't hard to go back two pages you know.

Can the Data.rsdk file be harvested from the Android update? Will it work then with the iOS version for some of the fixes?

13. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    The data.rsk has diff sizes on each version so I'd say no.

14. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Enemies still appear in other time zones after the generator is destroyed, and notice that I can get extra lives after collecting a ring (After obtaining over 100) when going to other time zones.

That said, I do notice the differences, outside of Rumble Pakā„¢ Support. Plus the "Lite" version is kind of neat.

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I just updated SCD to 1.0.5, the fix works and the game runs at its proper speed thanks to it, Thanks Taxman.

16. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    But that happens in the original as well. I couldn't tell you the rules behind it, but I just loaded up the original, took out both generators in PPZ1, and when I went back to PPZ Present some of the enemies were still there.

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yeah but no enemies should appear in the good future!

18. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    This shit needs to be patched ! because the leader boards are now fucked up bad..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Zh0rJq9y8
    When sonic time overs he should start the level from the beginning, not the last lamp post.
    Or maybe only be able to upload Time attack times or something to leader boards ...
    this really breaks the game for me.

At least the boss run times may be authentically earned....I think......

19. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    If you destroy the generator, the enemies in the present that would be "broken" would be destroyed. The "fresh" ones would be fine. In the Good Future, there would be none, and in the Bad Future, the "fresh" enemies in the present would be "broken."

20. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    The complete lack of a patch for the consoles is killing me. Does it really cost a dev 40 grand to patch a game!?

What a shame. This port is brilliant, and your updates fix virtually any problem I had with the game, save maybe a pause and music swapping option, but alas.

I hope SEGA fixes this eventually. Is there a way to pester Ken or anyone else about it? SCD 'has' sold pretty well for them... so a patch may not be totally out of left field.