don't click here

Sonic CD 2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by StephenUK, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Woah...

This would be the most amazing Super form in the history of Sonic fangames. I wholeheartedly support this idea.

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Maybe just give Sonic control of time like that once he gets the Time Stones, no super form involved.

3. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Perhaps you collect both Chaos Emeralds and Time Stones, sorta like in S3&K.

4. My problem with Sonic CD was that even if you saved the past, you still had to fight Robotnik in the future.

I think that you could make this game have 3 levels of difficulty depending on actions taken throughout the past, present and future.

Saving the past gives you an easier future.
    Saving the present gives you a slightly easier future.
    Saving the future gives you a Time Stone.

In the past - Less badniks, Robotnik is still getting a foothold. Saving the past in acts 1 and 2 give NO boss in act 3.
    In the present - Average badniks, Robotnik has a foothold. Saving the present gives you 1 sub-boss in act 3.
    In the future - Loads of badniks, Robotnik has total control. You have 1 sub-boss followed by 1 boss, powered by a time stone.

Different tasks could even be put in place in the past and present to ensure you have an easier progression, and doing nothing makes your future more difficult.

By default, each zone and act will start based on your previous time zone. You can time travel, but it shouldn't always default back to the present, and Robotnik shouldn't always be in the future, or if he is, a much stronger opponent than he would be in the past or present. Alternatively you could use time travelling as a way of delivering blows to Robotnik, since in the future he's had more time to assert his power. Going to the future would be the quicker option, since you can deal with Robotnik straight away, or you can go to the past to make it easier. This would make the game very different though, and less likely to be act driven if you can skip straight away to the boss by travelling to the future.

Choices made earlier on could also impact future levels, including the ability to skip entire levels or take alternative levels depending on choices made.

EDIT: I should add that bonus stages could yield Chaos Emeralds, or you can reverse the two and you defeat bosses for Chaos Emeralds and bonus stages for time stones. That way, you can unlock Super Sonic by completing the game on what would effectively be the harder setting.

5. Bostwick

Bostwick

I think the gent who posted before me has his idea right on the money.

Me, the only two plausible ideas I can think of for this hack is to either A) Make is a straight up hack of Sonic CD with new levels and features that expand on the original in some way or B) Make it a hack of Sonic 2 that gives it the "Sonic CD" treatment just like how the first Sonic CD was heavily based on Sonic 1.

If you do go with the second one then that means Tails is a given. It can also give a opportunity for realizing a "what if" scenario involving the supposed rumors that Sonic 2 was supposedly going to feature time travel and/or be remade for the Sega CD.

Just think, you could actually have it so Winter Zone is the future version of Desert Zone, or Wood Zone as the past version of Metropolis Zone. The possibilities are there. It's all your choice.

6. Impish

Impish

lol. Super time sonic. Chronic Sonic. Like chronos?

7. Snrk...it sounds like you're diagnosed with chronic sonic gaming XD

8. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    15 minutes with Paint.NET's Recolor tool, and I came up with this concept art for "Time Sonic".
    [​IMG]
    Yes, I know, shitty and such, but hey, just an idea.

9. I'm not really in favour of "Time Sonic" simply because the Chaos Emeralds can still give Chaos Control (which as you know, stops time) and why does he have to be red and have a clock on his belly? Why can't he stay normal blue but just reverse, slow or stop the passage of time?

10. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Time Sonic should have a long grey beard, like Father Time.

And carry a badass scythe...

Don't mind me. Carry on.

11. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned

12. Other than the clock on the stomach, that looks identical to my old fan character...

13. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Your fancharacter didn't happen to be named Orona Red, did it?

14. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    hey, I just had an idea, maybe the special stages could be reached by going to an extreme change of time, like going to the future from the future, or from the past to the really-far-in-the-past?

15. Tidbit

Tidbit

That would be interesting, by warping to a previous time in a previous time, you would warp to a Special stage, that would be similar to what ever zone your in.

16. No, he was called Andrew the Hedgehog, which was also my original Username here.

So exactly how many characters will be added to the cast of Sonic CD 2? Will it remain at just Sonic, Amy, Robotnik, and Metal Sonic, or will you add characters like Tails, Knuckles, and Fang into the mix?

17. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    Have you thought about making Amy a playable character? I could see her playable in an official Sonic CD sequel, if one ever came out. You could check and see if E-22-Psi would let you use his graphics and code, and I guess give the time powers to her and just let Sonic have the standard super form.

Just an idea.

18. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I've not checked this topic for a while, but since I've been working on it, I'd better answer some questions and throw a few ideas out there.

First of all, at the moment, Sonic is the only playable character. This may be reconsidered in the future, but consider the addition of any other character nothing more than a bonus.

Secondly, there will be no shitty recolours for "Time Sonic" or anything of the sort present in this game. Just because it's a sequel, that doesn't mean it needs to follow Sega's current poor standards.

Finally, I was playing S3K the other day and I had an idea that may or may not work, and I thought I would put the idea out here and see how it's received. So, the general idea behind Sonic CD was time, and after playing through Mushroom Hill, I had an idea that instead of having different timezones, the game could be based around seasons in a year instead, with the ability to warp between the seasons. I came up with this more for the puzzle aspect, so let me set out a couple of scenarios.

Lets say you're in a tropical/grassland zone in summer time, and you come across a cave which may contain rewards of some description, or even be part of the main path, but it is heavily overgrown with foliage preventing access. Now, a warp into winter time would result in the death of the foliage, reveavling the previously inaccessible area.

So that's an example of a nature based zone, but what about an industrial style zone...

Well, lets say that you're in something like a mechanical base built on the ocean, and there may be water that needs freezing or unfreezing to allow progress. A quick season change would allow you to make these alterations and continue as you would need to.

So, you may be thinking that covers summer and winter, but what about the other seasons. Well, warping into Autumn/Fall in a forest area could produce a buildup of fallen leaves that could provide alternate routes. I've not come up with anything unique for spring yet, but I'm open to suggestions and I've only explored the possibilities for puzzle related aspects.

I'm quite interested to hear your opinions, as I think it'd be a nice little twist on time travel, while bringing something new to the table.

19. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Or we could make the game Global Warming infulenced; Sonic must make a Green Future by destroying Eggmans machines or else we'll get a grimy decaying planet in the future. In the Present, Eggmans already discarding Solar Panels and dumping waste, etc. The difference between the original SCD is the Futures aren't mechanical, but either super nature-y or as said a wasteland.

:v:

20. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I think that would work quite well like Sonic CD if the seasons were extreme enough, and different zones could start in different seasons to make them more unique. It's a pretty good idea, and as for spring-time, maybe the zones could be full of plants and maybe animals or insect badniks. The plants could get in your way to slow you down, or provide access to new paths by platforming on leaves, etc. In the Autumn levels leaves could float on the top of the water so that Sonic can jump on them and get to another place before they sink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.